• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

people who now japanese

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Miyu-chan said:
    Yup, you're right. n_n;
    Mi - It means "Beautiful"
    Yu - I used the Kanji for "Twillight" to use my name, so my name means Beautiful Twillight. =P
    What's Suteki? I thought that was beautiful, maybe it's wonderful?

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It's a word I thought it meant "beautiful". Maybe it means wonderful? =\ Hmm.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    We learn something new everyday! =D And "kirei" also means beautiful too, I think. n_n;

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I took Japanese up till I was 8, when I changed to a school that didn't have it. Pity, I love the language! Now I'm teaching myself. I can say "You are an idiot". XD

Tweak

Oh, lol. I know the Japanese word for "laughing out loud" starts with a w, and in chat rooms they will often just say "w"

laughing = warau

?? but i think the face is cute. >w< hehehe

i'm taking japanese next quarter in college. heh, i forgot everythin.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    hey has anyone checked my thread its called [translation] telefang 2 speed version with ur help and other peoples i have translate over 8% already hehehhe

Years
    100marios said:
    She said she compiled the words after different things that happened to her......something like that hehe....
    Oh, I want to know what yours means Miyu-chan! I know that "chan" means cute, but I was always curious as to what "Miyu" ment.....

You sure about that 22sa? My friend said something different....either that or I couldn't hear him from a foot away because of all the talking in the class.
    I know 3 words in Hawaiian!....not like that'll help hehe......

-chan is acually used to express intimacy and affection. Also can be used as a diminutive for children and pets. aka - neko-chan (cat) ^^

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    I just realized that Miyu and Jordan were getting all flustered over what my user name meant, lol. ^_^; Jordan finally figured it out after several cracks at it...heh. Anyway, I had posted it in a thread that is now locked; but, if you want to see it here it is:

Might as well explain mine, since Dakota thinks it's like yelling at a pet, lol. O_o;; Sayuri was a pretty Japanese name that I had originally picked for my friend's fanfic of all the Pokemon characters: Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu. Then he and some other author friends of ours would make cameo appearances because the plot and setting of the fic is a road trip across America once we flew over from Japan, lol. My character was based on Shampoo (Long blue hair...now you know why I have all blue-haired characters in my avatar and such!) from Ranma 1/2. I eventually used that name (Sayuri, not Shampoo!) everywhere I would go on the Internet and used it for my name on my website (which is on hiatus at the moment, lol). The name Sayuri means "little lily", in case any of you were wondering. The "no" means "of" in Japanese, or showing possession like our apostrophe followed by an s. Hoshi means "star", which I got for creating the domain name for my friend that now hosts me. Therefore, you pretty much get a translation of "little lily of the star". Now you know (*ahem* Dakota...lol...no more pet callings! ^_^;;)!

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I actually thought your name of Sayuri was so pretty I named one of my Crystal Chronicles characters Sayuri. ^_^;
    Doesn't putting no reverse the syntax? I.E. Kaze no Kizu means Scar of wind(At least I think so?), but Kaze is wind and Kizu is scar. Lightning-chan would be good to ask, she's taking Japanese. ._.;

Sayuri no Hoshi

Years
    Kairi said:
    I actually thought your name of Sayuri was so pretty I named one of my Crystal Chronicles characters Sayuri. ^_^;
    Doesn't putting no reverse the syntax? I.E. Kaze no Kizu means Scar of wind(At least I think so?), but Kaze is wind and Kizu is scar. Lightning-chan would be good to ask, she's taking Japanese. ._.;
    Aw! I feel so special now Kairi! *_* What's this Crystal Chronicles?! O_o
    Yeah, "no" does reverse syntax...so it depends upon which words you put before and after it, lol. I've messed up like that, too! ^_^;

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Aww, it's still pretty. ^_^; It's a video game, and one Jordan plays too BTW. ;p

Last edited:

Sayuri no Hoshi

Years
    Kairi said:
    Aww, it's still pretty. ^_^; It's a video game, and one Jordan plays too BTW. ;p
    Are you implying something, Kairi? ^_^;; Well, I don't like implications! Good for Jordan if he plays it...lol. Stinkin' crush thing isn't going to leave me alone, is it? I only stick to Super Smash Brothers Melee, Mario Party, Luigi's Mansion and Kirby's Air Ride...O_o

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Never played Air Ride. ^_^;;
    I obtained this supposed 'dictionary program' that has a bunch of English words and phrases supposedly matching them to correct romanji, though it seems kinda inaccurate.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    I just realized that Miyu and Jordan were getting all flustered over what my user name meant, lol. ^_^; Jordan finally figured it out after several cracks at it...heh. Anyway, I had posted it in a thread that is now locked; but, if you want to see it here it is:

Might as well explain mine, since Dakota thinks it's like yelling at a pet, lol. O_o;; Sayuri was a pretty Japanese name that I had originally picked for my friend's fanfic of all the Pokemon characters: Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu. Then he and some other author friends of ours would make cameo appearances because the plot and setting of the fic is a road trip across America once we flew over from Japan, lol. My character was based on Shampoo (Long blue hair...now you know why I have all blue-haired characters in my avatar and such!) from Ranma 1/2. I eventually used that name (Sayuri, not Shampoo!) everywhere I would go on the Internet and used it for my name on my website (which is on hiatus at the moment, lol). The name Sayuri means "little lily", in case any of you were wondering. The "no" means "of" in Japanese, or showing possession like our apostrophe followed by an s. Hoshi means "star", which I got for creating the domain name for my friend that now hosts me. Therefore, you pretty much get a translation of "little lily of the star". Now you know (*ahem* Dakota...lol...no more pet callings! ^_^;;)!
    Um... "no" _is_ like " 's", it's the possessive particle. So "watashi no" is "my". That means that "Sayuri no Hoshi" is not "little lily of the star"... it's "little lily's star", or "star of the little lily". o_O

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Really? But I have a online friend who was taking Japanese in Japan and she sadi that it can be used as "of" ... @_@

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    hehehee the offer is still there if anyone wants to translate for me

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Suteki is gorgeous. Kirei is clean/beautiful. And I don't think there's a dash there before chan in real Japanese, same with all the other titles.
    Miyu-chan said:
    Yup, you're right. n_n;
    Mi - It means "Beautiful"
    Yu - I used the Kanji for "Twillight" to use my name, so my name means Beautiful Twillight. =P
    Nice... That's really cool. ^_^

Last edited:
    Back