• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People you can consider me insane or sane but

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I guess sometimes when you "see yourself in such a position" it could be one of many of those alternate realities you view?

I used to always see myself running a cafe, but... lately I see myself trading stocks as a source of income =/

Though, I think at one point I saw myself doing the whole trading stocks thing until I had enough money that I could safely open up that cafe. =/

strange. Am I viewing possible realities? (from what I gather, while several different things end up happening in different realities, we only "remember"/"experience" one of them?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Dunno. Mabye its called imaging yourself doing all that......

that's what it seems... but, what I ment was how sometimes you have those future visions, right? (previously explained)

I ment, perhaps when you "imagine" your future you could really be having visions of the possible futures? (as in Dimension 5 with the tree of your future {have you not seen the video?}) the "alternate realities" are just different versions of the same timeframe.

-----

Let's take Archie's Sonic Comics for example. More specifically the "25 Years into the future" stories.

In the first version of that, Sonic is the king with Sally and they have two kids and the world is peaceful and stuff. We'll call this "Reality A".
    In the second version, Shadow is the king and he rules with an Iron Fist. and Knuckles is a severvant for him. We'll call this "Reality B"

Reality A is the path that was triggered by Sally marrying Sonic so the world is peaceful... Reality B's path would be triggered if Sally marrys Shadow instead.

--

I think I'll us a more known example if you don't get that.

Remember that Sonic NextGen/06 Game? The one with Iblis and crap?
    And You know that big Dimension/Time plothole with Blaze?

My theory is that the Blaze portrayed in the Rush games is from the "Good Future", where Iblis doesn't exist. (I guess this is where the Portable Games takes place. The Reality where Iblis is non-Existant.) Marine and the Coconut Crew exist here.

And then the Blaze we saw in NextGen/06 is the one in the "Bad Future", the Reality that has Iblis. (This is the world where the Console games seem to take place, by my assumption.) Silver is also from this reality.

In other words, different games take place in different realities.

The World -----------> The world Without Iblis->Blaze in Rush, Marine, and the Coconut Crew
    |
    |
    |
    V
    The world with Iblis-> Blaze in NextGen/06

as for Silver:

The World -----------> The world Without Iblis->Blaze in Rush, Marine, and the Coconut Crew-Silver is nonexistant.
    |
    |
    |
    V
    The world with Iblis -> Blaze & Silver know each other, Rush never happened.-->The Events of Next Gen Occur.
    |
    |
    |
    V
    The Rivals Series.

Why did I choose the Sonic Games as an example? Best thing I can think of.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Seriously why did you? I never played sonic nor shall i. And i dont watch vids as i have no speaker. So yeah explain the vid and mabye ill understand.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I don't adhere to the notion of "sane" or "sense", if only because everyone's idea of that is different and consensus doesn't alter that through my opinion.

As for dreams being "real or not real" or "actually happening" (amongst other worldly notions, which I feel "sane" falls into as well), I feel that's a notion people rely upon too often (with no offense intended). I rather feel that dreams, rather than being foreboding (as they can be), peer into a more intangible and indescribable nature in life that surmounts notions like "good or bad" and "real and not real" by more than just a length, but that's just me and the train of thought I'm of.

Last edited:

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    ah I see, that clears things up. haven't people actually tried or at least researched how to fully connect with the 4th dimension? I would suspect that they would, since they can confirm the past and even see the future with it...

Transcending our own dimension has been tried by many people (hell maybe even Jesus figured it out). But it's not really a feasible thing to try and study, i mean you can study it, but there aren't really ways to cause yourself to perceive beyond our own dimension. I do believe that tis the next step in human evolution though.

0_0 wow the whole dimensions thing flipped me out. And the girl besides my dream i never saw her until i went to that same school so yeah anyways...
    About the dimensions. That could be possible but what if we are really able to flow through time. Like someone among us is truly able to do that. So many people go missing like that no remains nothing. I know i know that could be becuase the people where preffesionals but it could be that out of 6 billion people lets say 20-30 do have the power to do so. But really now i think that ore life is set in stone from our birth. Then we follow the path set for us and alter it when we can if we have the power to do so aka what i have done and said. So yeah when you think about it out of 6 billion people say about 100 have true or almost true power over time. Freaky when you think about it no?

I could barely understand that... but from that all I can really say is causality is a bummer ain't it? Also, people who have the power to control time... that's a far out idea. I mean even if a select group of people could flow freely through time, physically they'd still exist among us because our bodies exist in only three dimensions, they wouldn't altogether disappear. Like i said you have to be careful when talking about spatial dimensions because if you change the focal point of the dimension, you end up not getting the correct results (i.e. saying 100 people can free travel through time at a whim). No offense, this is a really hard subject to master and I kind of just threw it at all you guys.

that's what it seems... but, what I ment was how sometimes you have those future visions, right? (previously explained)

I ment, perhaps when you "imagine" your future you could really be having visions of the possible futures? (as in Dimension 5 with the tree of your future {have you not seen the video?}) the "alternate realities" are just different versions of the same timeframe.

Why did I choose the Sonic Games as an example? Best thing I can think of.

Because the series as of late has multiple storylines and endings which is a good example of 5 dimensional existence, at least for us to get the concept with.

But imagining yourself in different realities, although plausible that somewhere so far off the tree from where we currently are quantumly you may exist like that, you're not actually seeing it. As I was saying before our mind (if my theory is correct of course) can only do so much at 3.45 dimensions, it is able to merely bounce around at random points in time on our own timeline (the one we actually exist on). because there is an infinite amount of alternate realities that are concurrently flowing through time as we are. To be able to jump into another timeline with you mind would mean it would have to be operating at or around the 5 dimension, and since we don't have the ability to control time and don't even have the ability to see into the future on command, it is highly unlikely that we can actually see an alternate timeline when we imagine a different future for ourselves because not only would it require full movement in the 4th dimension it would mean some movement in the 5th as well.

Honestly, I would find that to be creepy anyways, I don't want a past me looking at me right now as I type this out... I like my privacy.

Last edited:

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Transcending our own dimension has been tried by many people (hell maybe even Jesus figured it out). But it's not really a feasible thing to try and study, i mean you can study it, but there aren't really ways to cause yourself to perceive beyond our own dimension. I do believe that tis the next step in human evolution though.

Honestly, I would find that to be creepy anyways, I don't want a past me looking at me right now as I type this out... I like my privacy.

if that's really the next step of the human revolution, then I truly hope that it happens after I died. I don't wanna know what the human are going to do with the full control of the 4th dimension...

and imagine a FUTURE you looking or coming at you. that really would be creepy... though the future you could be smart not doing that.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    if that's really the next step of the human revolution, then I truly hope that it happens after I died. I don't wanna know what the human are going to do with the full control of the 4th dimension...

and imagine a FUTURE you looking or coming at you. that really would be creepy... though the future you could be smart not doing that.

Well it's going to take a long time for us to reach that, we are still a lifeform in its infancy. I believe that humanity will first have to enlighten itself before it's capable of transcending our current reality. I agree that at this point in time, humans aren't ready for the ability to flow through time. But with that next step in our evolutionary process, it should take us out side of this three-dimensional space, so we don't bother those who aren't as evolved.

The Wave

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Well it's going to take a long time for us to reach that, we are still a lifeform in its infancy. I believe that humanity will first have to enlighten itself before it's capable of transcending our current reality. I agree that at this point in time, humans aren't ready for the ability to flow through time. But with that next step in our evolutionary process, it should take us out side of this three-dimensional space, so we don't bother those who aren't as evolved.

in general, yes, we won't bother the people of the third dimension. but there will be crazy people who will go there and try to create chaos. I dare to bet that there are people who do that. I mean, after WWI and WWII, how much excepted that there wouldn't be a war anymore? and look, there is still a war. so I still suspect that there will be a 4th dimensional war started by some crazy fools who couldn't think what they're doing. I just hope that they're smart enough to not go here, which I think they will, since they could chance the future with that and thus "delete" themself from the main timeline.

and even then, who says there isn't someone from the future and 4th dimension among us? it sounds weird and impossible, but if you're smart enough you can go and life in the past without anyone knowing you're from the 4th dimension and future.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    in general, yes, we won't bother the people of the third dimension. but there will be crazy people who will go there and try to create chaos. I dare to bet that there are people who do that. I mean, after WWI and WWII, how much excepted that there wouldn't be a war anymore? and look, there is still a war. so I still suspect that there will be a 4th dimensional war started by some crazy fools who couldn't think what they're doing. I just hope that they're smart enough to not go here, which I think they will, since they could chance the future with that and thus "delete" themself from the main timeline.

and even then, who says there isn't someone from the future and 4th dimension among us? it sounds weird and impossible, but if you're smart enough you can go and life in the past without anyone knowing you're from the 4th dimension and future.

IMO, There could even be some who even they themselves don't know it. I dunno...

~~~~~

And did I mention that in Sonic NextGen & Sonic Rivals (Both) Silver, Blaze, and Eggman Nega are from the future?
    Yet, in Rush (and Rush Adventure) Blaze, Marine, and Eggman Nega are from another Dimension entirely?

I would guess that NextGen and Rivals are from one version of time (along with Adventure, Heroes, and Shadow), and Silver, Blaze, and Eggman Nega are from the future of that timeline...
    While the Advance and Rush games (and Battle) are another timeline, and Silver, Blaze, and Eggman Nega are from another dimension?

I dunno about Sonic games prior to Adventure, or about Chronicles...

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years

Again you're missing the point. We exist in 3 dimensions. It's impossible for us to transcend what we have currently in our physical form because it's weighted to this. If someone gains the ability to move in the 4th dimension, then they'd merely be able to travel along their own time line (because their own life is their focal point), but they would be trapped in the their predestined path, or else there would be a lot of causality issues associated with it. Now if or when humans evolve beyond this dimension, we would have to leave our physical bodies behind to truly have a mastering over the 4th dimension. Ascending to a higher would mean we exist out side of the one we currently are in.

BUT before we reach that evolution, i do believe we will find a way to physically travel through time (because it is theoretically possible) for the purpose of learning about our past or possibly to save our future. There is always the possibility of a temporal war, but that is mere science fiction for us at this moment.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    A temporal war? Oh god im confused. But yeah once we can start physcially travelling through time its going to be one hell of a stragne thing. Our teacher explained to us even how you cant go back you can only go fowards.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    A temporal war? Oh god im confused. But yeah once we can start physcially travelling through time its going to be one hell of a stragne thing. Our teacher explained to us even how you cant go back you can only go fowards.

yeah, according to my dad, if you where to travel in a spacecraft at the speed of light and orbit the earth for even a few minutes, hundreds of years would pass on earth.

Although, so far, it's impossible to travel THAT fast.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    That's why for us, time is relative. As you approach the speed of light, your mass increases, causing you to experience time different relative to the earth. If you move at a higher velocity, you age faster according to the Theory of Special Relativity. Also, it would be improbable to travel at the speed of light around the earth because unless you're constantly correcting your course to stay in orbit, you would break orbit quite easily (trust me I'm an aerospace engineer and i just learned about orbits recently). Usually the idea of traveling at light speed for time travel in the Special Relativity case is when you travel at close to light speed from one star to another.

There is also the idea formed by General Relativity that if you are in a larger gravity well then that of your intended target, you move faster "through time". Both of these aren't what we romanticize time travel to be, but more of a time dilation if you will. Because you aren't traveling faster through your own time, but you are relative to observers. Again, as I've said many times, it depends on your focal point.

Oh and a temporal war just means time war. But temporal is a better adjective.

If you actually want to travel through time, I would suggest trying to find a wormhole, which is a hypothetical warped space-time that could possibly exist according to general relativity. A transverable wormhole could potentially send you into the past of the future because at the point, space-time technically folds over onto each other. But it's highly theoretical and we don't have any current means detecting wormholes if they in fact do exist.

The Wave

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Again you're missing the point. We exist in 3 dimensions. It's impossible for us to transcend what we have currently in our physical form because it's weighted to this. If someone gains the ability to move in the 4th dimension, then they'd merely be able to travel along their own time line (because their own life is their focal point), but they would be trapped in the their predestined path, or else there would be a lot of causality issues associated with it. Now if or when humans evolve beyond this dimension, we would have to leave our physical bodies behind to truly have a mastering over the 4th dimension. Ascending to a higher would mean we exist out side of the one we currently are in.

BUT before we reach that evolution, i do believe we will find a way to physically travel through time (because it is theoretically possible) for the purpose of learning about our past or possibly to save our future. There is always the possibility of a temporal war, but that is mere science fiction for us at this moment.

whoops forgot that point. my fault. ^^'

and yeah, a time war is sciene fiction for us now, but it the revolution is really going to happen in the future, I'm still sure that there are some crazy fools who will cause a war.

man... this whole dimension thing hurts my head, it's really complicated. and anyone noticed how this thread changed from an "insane" topic into a dimension topic?

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Yeah the dimensions thing really does hurt the brain...

Well I thought the topic was do we consider linksmash sane or insane because of his "visions" and I tried to apply a logical theory to what he was saying, and then i had to clarify a bit about the spatial stuff... I think we just accepted his visions as sane based on my theory and went from there... haha or are we really that far off topic?

The Wave

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I'm sure LinkSmash considers insanse linksmash, but I (and most of us) think it's insane because of the visions. and I think a lot of us accept your theory, since it sounds very possible. but yeah, we are actually technical that far off topic, but seeing how the moderaters haven't done anything, I think they don't mind and that this will apply as on topic.:D

Melody

Banned
    Years
    You're not insane. It's possible to predict the future with your dreams. It happens all the time.

I happen to believe that Destiny and Fate are two different things.
    Your Destiny is something you can change and control. It consists of the factors that are ultimately in you control.
    Your Fate is all the things you cannot change, things that you wont change or things that cannot be changed in time to prevent the event from occurring.

By controlling your Destiny, you ultimately decide your Fate.

Your Destiny is where you want to be. Your Fate is what has already happened, or will happen soon and cannot be changed

The line between Destiny and Fate is a thin one and I'm sure others will have differing opinions.

But to sum it all up, I do not think a person's fate is preordained. Only you can preordain your own fate by your own actions.

The Wave

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    thanks pachy, that's the word I searched for a while. we don't have a fate, but only a destiny. and I agree with your statement pachy.

Back