• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Persona - The Beginning .

Decodedd

Number One Rookie !
    Years
    [Intro .]

Did you notice the signs? Like you were suddenly transported to another world? The greenish tint in the environment, electricity shutting off, blood on the streets, the scattered coffins, the strange creatures? You haven't gone crazy. This is known as the Dark Hour. An abnormal phenomenon which occurs every night between 12:00 and 12:01am. Most people don't know of its existence since they are transmogrified into those coffins you see, safe and unaware of the darkness around them. But those who haven't been transmogrified are prey for the creatures called Shadows. They feed on the minds of humans, turning them into living shells, unable to move, think, or speak.

The Shadows originate from a tower known as Tartarus. During the Dark Hour, Gekkoukan High School transforms into the massive, chaotic breeding ground which dominates the landscape. Beyond that, not much is known about the Shadows, the Dark Hour, or, most importantly, how all these things came into being. This is where we come in.

We possess a power called Persona. Hidden deep within ourselves, these Personas grant us the ability to battle the Shadows on even terms. As Persona users, it is our duty to protect humanity from the shadows. However, that is not our primary goal. Nothing happens without a reason. Our main objective is to find that reason. To find the truth behind the Shadows and the Dark Hour. We believe the answers we seek are hidden somewhere deep inside Tartarus. By being aware of the Dark Hour, we believe you may have the potential to wield a Persona. We'd like you to lend us your strength. Are you in?

[Summary .]

You are a member of a team of Persona users whose mission is to discover the origins of the Dark Hour. By day, you are a normal student. You attend school, hang out with friends, study, and maybe have a job. But by night, you are a soldier in the fight against the Shadows. This RP will run separately from the events of Persona 3. A whole new story, if you will.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Name: (Your character name, not your screen name. First and last. Keep in mind that this takes place in Japan.
    Persona - The Beginning .
    )
    Weight:
    Weapon: (The weapon your character uses aside from his/her Persona)
    School Year: (In Japan, there are three years of high school, 1st-3rd.)
    Appearance: (Use a picture or describe it, your choice. Also, describe the clothes your character wears when not in the school uniform or slight modifications to the uniform)
    Biography: (Your character's background. Be as detailed as you like, but it must be at least one paragraph or six lines long, preferably longer.)
    Personality: (How does your character act? Again, be as detailed as you like.)

Persona Creation Form - In this RP, you have the option of using an existing Persona from the game, or creating your own. If you're using an existing Persona, you can just fill out the first two entries. If you're making your own, please fill out the whole form

Name: (Self-explanatory)
    Arcana:
    Type: (There are four types of Personas: Attack, Healing, Support, or Seer. A Persona can have multiple types at the expense of not doing as well as a pure type, for example, an Attack/Healing Persona will not be as effective at either as a pure Attacker or Healer. Seer Personas do not engage in combat, but they can detect Shadows within a certain area and can detect a Shadow's strengths and weaknesses. Unlike the game, Seer Persona-users can enter Tartarus, instead of staying on the bottom floor, but are limited to support/healing roles.)
    Element: (There are seven elements: Fire, Ice, Wind, Electric, Light, Dark, and Physical. This determines its attack types. Physical refers to physical attacks. A Persona can have up to two elements, but those two can never be opposing elements, Fire/Ice, Wind/Electric, Light/Dark.)
    Appearance:
    Background (optional):

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Can I reserve a spot? I don't really know anything about the Persona canon or anything, but this seems interesting anyways :D

lol, since this takes place in Japan, should our characters be Asian in appearance, or does it not really matter?

Decodedd

Number One Rookie !
    Years
    lol, since this takes place in Japan, should our characters be Asian in appearance, or does it not really matter?

You can make it so you are MOVING to the city in which this resides in .
    So it doesn't matter if you are Asian or not .

Shunjun

Devil of Daybreak
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2015
    I also would like a spot, please. :3 Send my OC soon.

Kid Ghandi

Ninja Squirtle
    Years
    Guy
    -Person-
    Name: Jiyou "Slash" Denkiteki
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 54 km
    Weapon: Dual-Swords
    School Year: 2nd
    Appearance: 'Slash', as the name he is commonly recognized by, has thick mid-cut hair. One of those, over-gelled styles, almost over spiked. The tips are bleached white, but the roots are still kept black. His skin is very dark, but not considering his father's heritage. When not in his school uniform, he would often wear a white T-Shirt, under a black trench coat. He has five jeans in his closet, each black, with no graphic. When he is wearing uniform, he keeps the same black and white scheme.
    Biography: Jiyou, or "Slash", was not born in Japan. Ten months before he was born, his mother went to Northern Africa to help starving children. There, she met Leroy, an African American man. You can sirt-of tell what happened there.After his birth, he experienced his first flight, and without his father, therefore, he must legally keep his mother's last name. In the seventh grade, he started to take in fencing. After two years, he had become a state champion, and was taking fencing as an elective, beating everyone, and earning his nickname, "Slash". In his first year, he took German as a language class, like he did this year.
    Personality: I'd like you to clarify, perhaps give an example, otherwise, I'll just show you in the RP

Persona(s) tell me the better one
    Name: Slash
    Arcana: Temperance
    Type: Healing
    Element: Light
    Appearance: Jiyou would put together his twin swords, and the handles would merge into a flying V guitar. His hair would extend and drop to his shoulders. A top-hat would appear on his head. Sun glasses would then materialize. The transformation is complete. A chord would either heal or damage depending on what notes are played.
    Background (optional): Slash is the name of the guitarist in "Guns n' Roses".

Name: Sword Slinger
    Arcana: Moon
    Type: Attack
    Element: Wind/Physical
    Appearance: Jiyou holds out one sword, and pulls on the other. The held out sword, transforms into a metal bow, and the sword, although it doesn't change is an "arrow". His outer clothing becomes a vest, and twin daggers appear at his sides.
    Background (optional):

Name: Storm
    Arcana: Judgement
    Element: Ice/Electric
    Appearance: His hands freeze, and ball into a fist. Claws of lightning shoot from the ice arms. Then his chest freezes, into a "suit of armor". Wing like things appear on his back, allowing to glide short distances. His shoes then freeze, and spikes of ice cleave into the ground.
    Background (optional):

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Sounds fun to me, I've never played a Non-Pokemon RPG on this site before so this should be interesting. Currently I'll just ask for a reservation, but I will post an SU as soon as possible.

Years
    Name: David Alcousta
    Height:6'4
    Weight:127 pounds
    Weapon:swords (hes a sword collector )
    Appearance: light tan,medium muscled arms,skinnyish legs,prefers to wear blue or green,wears cargo shorts alot,skinny hands with skinny fingers (but if they hit youre head they feel like a brick (: muah ha ha ha) small feet (not a sasquatch) a medium sized head, dirty blond (brown with blond highlights) shaggy hair, nice chiseled facial features,blue eyes.
    Biography: Was born in Temerance,Michigan and grew up there until he turned 12 up until then hed had an ok life.He got a bit of what he wanted (mostly swords) got in fights sometimes,had a girlfriend,lived life to the fullest.Then he moved.Hed moved before from michigan to virginia then back but never this far.The day his mom told him he was moving he didnt care, until she said where. She said he was moving to Japan.He was really ticked at that and the plane ride but in the end it wasnt that bad.He grew up for 4 years there until he was in his 3rd year of highschool thats when things went crazy. (This is the part where the rp comes in.)
    Personality:Rebelious (spelt wrong i think) trys to have alot of fun,is a go getter,trys to make friends but most of japan doesnt like him.

Persona's (im just gonna use one (if thats allowed) )
    Name: Hollow
    Arcana:storm
    Type:Fighting
    Element:Lightning
    Appearance:grey hair,black jacket,medium muscled,very skinny,others say they see lightning in his eyes,wears cargo shorts,has a few scars from battling shdows,carrys bow and quiver on his back,has a sword in a seath hoocked on his belt,wears grey black cargo shorts,with a red tee (with the black jacket over it)
    Background(optional):

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Not to sure if this is still going to happen, but I'd like to reserver a spot.
    I've never RP, so I hope this goes on.

Not to sure if this is still going to happen, but I'd like to reserver a spot.
    I've never RP, so I hope this goes on.

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I want to reserve a spot, but if you have run out of free space, it's okay to decline me a place.

I have something to ask. Let's say my character's Persona's element is Light. Are we going to presume it is weak to Dark even if I want the Persona to be weak to Fire?

Let's say my character's Persona's element is Ice. Do I get to determine whether it takes reduced damage, no damage or heals HP from Ice attacks?

Teddy The Elite

Absol Is My Waifu~<3:D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    If this is happening, then I'd like to join.

Name: Sora Aoi
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 178 lbs
    Weapon: Katana named "Minoru's Sacrifice"
    School Year: 3rd
    Appearance: White Spiked back hair, bangs, slightly tan, blue eyes, not overly muscular, but still muscular. Black choker with kanji Sora on it. Dark blue shirt. Black gloves. Black jeans. White tennis shoes. When it's colder, dark red scarf.
    Biography: Moved from somewhere in the states. Parents are currently unknown, as he lives alone and parents are never seen. Has only a couple close friends because of his demeanor. Back in the states, champion youth martial artist. Only bad record with school is fight over unknown reasons. Above average student. Trouble lately with studies for unknown reasons.
    Personality: Very cocky. Overly confident. Very protective of not just friends, but everyone. Compassionate to most. Calm in battle.

Name: Minoru
    Element: Light
    Appearance: Little past shoulder length dark red hair, silver mask with upside down question mark, cloak much like Organization XIII's.
    Background (optional):

IceFireLighnting

Name: Crayne Heath Grandell
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 140 lbs.
    Weapon: Birch Bow and Arrow, named the 'Crescent'
    School Year: 1st
    Appearence: Light khaki skin with no blemishes. Born in Chicago, Illinois in the States. Semi-short silver hair, and a silver marking of a strange wing down his left arm. He wears a dark blue, short-sleeved t-shirt and pale blue jean shorts. He wears black tennis shoes, a silver scarf and white fingerless gloves.
    Bio: He was born in Chicago, IL. He moved out with his mom when he was 7. His mother died when he was 11, leaving him with his rediculously mean uncle. He has run away from home. He got on a plane as a stowaway and strolled into a local Japanese city. He has recently enrolled in a Japanese High School and now speaks fluent Japanese.
    Personality: He doesn't worry about a thing, and can lose things quite easily. He can't see what's in plain sight but is very patient. He can handle any situation with ease.

Persona:

Name: Lucius (loo-shus)
    Type: Seer, Attack
    Element: Ice, Wind
    Appearance: Semi-short silver hair that comes down in bangs to the edges of Lucius's eyes. His clothes transform into a silver sweater, black slacks, and a white cloak. Navy blue pennyloafers make an appearance as well. When he pulls out his bow, it turns into pure silver, and when he pulls an arrow from his ivory quiver, its arrowhead turns into onyx. A scabbard with a short scimitar comes into play on his left hip.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    the rp looks fun, but i see that the last post was last month so i just want to know if its still going. also are personnas like some kind of creature? could you please explain that to me. ty.

IceFireLighnting

IDK if it's still running, but I just wanna tell you about the Personas. OK, here ya go:

Personas are the people that you change into during "The Dark Hour".
    The Arcana is one of the cards in a special tarot deck; you can read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Arcana
    Type is what your Persona is specialized in; see Decodedd's description.
    Element is what your Persona can control
    And appearence is...just that.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    Name: Taylor (Tyr) Shade

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 135 or so lbs

Weapon: sword (katana)

Appearance: Taylor doesn't care to much about what he looks like so he generally just wears T-shirts and jeans. he also doesn't do much for his hair. he just lets it grow out and gets it cut only when he's forced to, but also to evade cutting his hair he'll hide it under one of his baseball caps.

Biography: Taylor is originally from america, but his parents "pursaded" him to become a foreign exchange student in hopes that it might calm him down from the "night terrors" he'd been experienceing since he was a little kid. saddly the "terrors" never stopped, but he did soon find that here in japan he did find a few more people who seemed to share his "condition". Taylor also soon learned quite a bit more about how to combat his problem from Zak, the student he exchanged with. Taylor and Zak kept in constant communication, and soon enough Taylor was able to use his personnas to combat his "nightmares".

Personality: Tyr is a quiet and self reliant person who tends to surrond himself with books, sketchs, and computer games. also Tyr is an excellent student, but his brains often make his class mates think he's trying to show off. when he's not in school Tyr doesn't hang out with friends, but instead visits the library or visits the lake to do some fishing.

Name: Glyff
    Arcana: justice
    Type: attack
    Element:water
    Appearance: in this form Tyr's eyes turn a deep blue and the pupils disappear completely. Tyr's sword also turns a cold steel blue and duplicates itself. his clothes change into a gray T-shirt and blue cargo pants. last he gains an improved ability to swim (including the ability to see underwater, hold his breath for around twenty five minutes, and an extreme increase to his speed)
    Background: when Taylor lived in america he lived in a small town on lake Ontario and spent his summers swimming, boating, and diving with his father in the lake. Tyr also found his sword sealed in a glass case at the bottom of the lake.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    Guy

Name: Sword Slinger
    Element: Wind/Physical
    Appearance: Jiyou holds out one sword, and pulls on the other. The held out sword, transforms into a metal bow, and the sword, although it doesn't change is an "arrow". His outer clothing becomes a vest, and twin daggers appear at his sides.
    Background

this one is deffinantly the best out of the three

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
    I'm joining this. Looks neat!

Name: Jake Maller

Height: 169 cm (Dunno how much this is in inches cause in my country, we use cm/m instead)

Weight: 63 kg (Dunno how much this is in pounds)

Weapon: Watch that he bought with his parents consent
    The watch seems to have a harmful effect on the Shadows. It can't be used like an actual weapon but Shadows seem to dislike coming near it and direct contact with the face of the watch causes them to be destroyed by a white light but the shape of the watch make it a very impractical weapon.

School Year: First Year

Appearance: Wears the school uniform slightly disheveled and tucked out. Wears his watch on his left wrist.

When not in school uniform, Jake wears a plain white or grey shirt and blue pants. He also usually carries a black slingbag (sort of like a postman's bag just that it can carry other stuff). His watch is also on his left wrist. He has brown eyes and black hair.

Biography: Jake was born in Japan. His parents are busy Americans who have migrated to Japan to start a business as it was more profitable there. They have a small electronics shop with which they sometimes take some games from to let Jake play.

From young, Jake has been playing some of the more newer/recent games before his other friends. This led him to being bad in studies and because of that, to even dislike studies and coming to school. However, he is a pretty good gamer. One weird event that many adults dismiss as nightmares that are aftereffects of too much gaming is that Jake usually experiences weird events late at night, where there are coffins strewn across the streets and a green mist flows through.

One day, he saw a watch in a watch shop while shopping with his parents. It was shining and glowing and it caught his attention. When he first asked his parents to buy it and they refused, he suddenly became weak and fell sick with a fever for several days which was cured immediately when the watch was bought for him.

Personality: Jake dislikes school and studying, mostly because of the homework and all the time he has to spend off of games. He likes gaming and spends a lot of time on it. He is outgoing and because of his parents' game shop became popular with the other students. He does have one flaw though and that is that he does not know how to act around women/girls other than his mother, these situations usually leading to embarrassing incidents.

He's a good friend and helps out his friends a lot, especially where games are concerned. When Jake is bored of a game or has played/completed all the games he has and is waiting for new games to come, he usually visits the park and walks around looking at the birds, for another thing he enjoys is to be at peace with the environment.

If his friends or innocent people/animals are threatened, Jake usually tries to help to the best of his ability.

Name
    : Time Dimension
    Arcana: Dunno (Someone help me choose one or find one that suits this attack the most)
    Type: Support
    Element: Dark
    Appearance: Jake twists his watch and it disappears, leaving a gap in time behind. Using this gap, Jake is able to slow, speed up or stop Shadows or allies or himself.
    Background: This comes from Jake's watch. This only happens when Jake is the one wearing the watch cause Jake has some affinity with the watch.

Back