• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Personal Fire Red

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Personal Fire Red
    Fire Red personalized to my liking

Introduction
    Fire Red hack that try to improve the original game as much as possible, while trying to be faithful to the original game. Utilized HUBOL DPE/CFRU to update it to Gen VIII mechanics.
    I want this hack to be an option when someone wants to revisit FRLG and have the best experience possible.

Features
    • HUBOL DPE/CFRU as base, with some fixes.
    • Improved starter ultimate moves.
    • Changed available Move Tutors and make them repeatable.
    • Move Relearner teaches moves of any level.
    • Improved HM field effects.
    • DexNav.
    • Alternatives to Trade Evolutions.
    • New Evolution items in Celadon Department Store.
    • Mega Ring and Mega Stones in various locations.
    • Mushrooms NPC.
    • Ability items NPC.
    • EV-reducing berries NPC.
    • IV perfecter NPC.
    • IV & EV scanner NPC.
    • IV & EV display in summary screen.
    • Nature indicator in summary screen.
    • Improved important battles.
    • Leaf Green exclusive Pokémon are obtainable.
    • Unchosen starters are obtainable.
    • Both Helix Fossil and Dome Fossil are obtainable.
    • Both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are obtainable.
    • Some unobtainable Johto Pokémon are obtainable.
    • Altering Cave Pokémon are obtainable.
    • All three Legendary Beasts will roam Kanto.
    • Mystic Ticket is obtainable.
    • Changed Trainer Tower's prizes.
    [SPOILER WARNING] Full documented changes: [Link]

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Download
    Dropbox: [Link]
    Drive: [Link]
    File size: 6.67 MB

How to install
    Use a patcher to apply the .ups file to a Fire Red ROM. (sha1: 41cb23d8dccc8ebd7c649cd8fbb58eeace6e2fdc)

Q&A
    - Will you add newer generation Pokémon? No
    - Can I use this hack as my ROM base? Yes
    - Can you give me 1636 squirrels please? No

Credits
    All credits should go to the researchers and developers in the Pokémon community. This hack wouldn't be possible without the contributions of those individuals. I simply used what they created.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yo I love that this is as faithful as possible while adding some newer stuff. Is there any plans to add the rest of the kanto mega evolutions? Also would you do one for emerald? I do kinda worry that the ultimate moves without the recharge could be kinda busted without it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Thank you for the feedback!

Is there any plans to add the rest of the kanto mega evolutions?
    Actually I'm still thinking about it, and where should I put the Mega Stones if I decided to add them into the game.

Also would you do one for emerald?
    I don't think I will do one for Emerald, since I'm just a beginner in rom hacking and have no idea what's possible in Emerald hacking. Also this hack is only possible thanks to the contributions of many great researchers and developers in the community.

I do kinda worry that the ultimate moves without the recharge could be kinda busted without it
    I agree it is busted, but I intended to make it busted. 😅

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    New Update:
    - Added EV reducing berries npc
    - Added IV & EV scanner
    - Added Nature indicator in summary screen
    - Made all three Legendary Beasts to roam Kanto

pDjt07I.png
    Z9Wv19D.png
    iAdB5v7.png
    3RY19Sq.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Thank you for the feedback!

Actually I'm still thinking about it, and where should I put the Mega Stones if I decided to add them into the game.

I don't think I will do one for Emerald, since I'm just a beginner in rom hacking and have no idea what's possible in Emerald hacking. Also this hack is only possible thanks to the contributions of many great researchers and developers in the community.

I agree it is busted, but I intended to make it busted. 😅
    I really like what you had done with it. The only other thing I could want was a way to get the missing other starters / fossil. From what I understand emerald has a lot more support than FRLG but if I could guess where you could put the other mega stones; and I dont want to tell you how to go about it, this is purely just where I'd put them; You could have them being sold or maybe you could put an npc that appears in each of those locations conditionally after you get the mega bracelet or a certain point in the game whether they just give it to you or you have to work for it with maybe a battle or maybe they check your party for the pokemon in question. This is where I would put them Beedrill in Viridian Forest, Pidgeot on route 2, slowbro on the seafoam islands, Steelix (only because its onix's evolution) Could probably do scizor too sincei ts scyther on five island. alakazam in saffron, gengar in pokemon tower, kangaskhan/Pincer in the safari zone/fuschia, Gyarados route 21/12, Aerodactyl in Mount Moon/ Pewter, Mewtwo could be given by professor oak maybe after you catch him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I really like what you had done with it. The only other thing I could want was a way to get the missing other starters / fossil. From what I understand emerald has a lot more support than FRLG but if I could guess where you could put the other mega stones; and I dont want to tell you how to go about it, this is purely just where I'd put them; You could have them being sold or maybe you could put an npc that appears in each of those locations conditionally after you get the mega bracelet or a certain point in the game whether they just give it to you or you have to work for it with maybe a battle or maybe they check your party for the pokemon in question. This is where I would put them Beedrill in Viridian Forest, Pidgeot on route 2, slowbro on the seafoam islands, Steelix (only because its onix's evolution) Could probably do scizor too sincei ts scyther on five island. alakazam in saffron, gengar in pokemon tower, kangaskhan/Pincer in the safari zone/fuschia, Gyarados route 21/12, Aerodactyl in Mount Moon/ Pewter, Mewtwo could be given by professor oak maybe after you catch him.
    Those are really good idea and location for the Mega Stones. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

I just changed the fossil script, but I'll update the download link later once I've made some more changes.

m2KrnL5.png

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    New Update:
    - Made both Helix Fossil and Dome Fossil to be obtainable
    - Made unchosen starters to be obtainable
    - Made Move Tutors repeatable (all three starters can learn their ultimate moves)

Days
    • Seen today
    I have been using this rom as a base for a rom hack, I just noticed that the file size is ~32,000 which is just shy of the 32mb mark, if I keep building in this game is my game going to be non playable? I don't want the game to run out of space and my work be for nothing. Just wondering you were aware of this and if so how can I avoid hitting the limit? If I'm wrong about this let me know if just say about 32000 kb next to gba file idk

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I have been using this rom as a base for a rom hack, I just noticed that the file size is ~32,000 which is just shy of the 32mb mark, if I keep building in this game is my game going to be non playable? I don't want the game to run out of space and my work be for nothing. Just wondering you were aware of this and if so how can I avoid hitting the limit? If I'm wrong about this let me know if just say about 32000 kb next to gba file idk
    Don't worry about the 32MB file size. There are a lot of unused spaces within the ROM that you can use for your hack. And so far I only used around 0.6KB for nature indicator in the summary screen.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    Hey I am trying to edit the pokemon in the start of the game that appears next to oak and the sprite / script for that is lost somewhere, do you havbe any idea where?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hey I am trying to edit the pokemon in the start of the game that appears next to oak and the sprite / script for that is lost somewhere, do you havbe any idea where?
    I believe the sprite is located at D42FB8, and maybe you can use a sprite editor to modify it.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    New Update:
    - Make Altering Cave Pokemon obtainable
    - Make both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan obtainable from the Karate Master. Now we can rob his dojo even harder
    - Minor fix on unchosen starters NPC
    - Upgrade the fossil doctor on Cinnabar. Now he can revive all three fossils, and more than once

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    When does the Nature indicator appear because it doesn't show up for me?

Edit: or has that feature not been updated in the current released patch?

P.S. Thank you for your responsiveness!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    When does the Nature indicator appear because it doesn't show up for me?
    When you open the summary screen that displays Pokemon's stats. In the image below, the red and blue colored stats indicate the Pokemon have an adamant nature that increases attack and decreases special attack.
    3RY19Sq.png

Edit: or has that feature not been updated in the current released patch?
    I just tested the current patch, and I believe it is working as intended.

P.S. Thank you for your responsiveness!
    You're welcome!

And about Shiny Charm, you can try to type it in the "Goto" feature in HMA, then look inside data > items > stats/"Shiny Charm"

Days
    • Seen today
    When you open the summary screen that displays Pokemon's stats. In the image below, the red and blue colored stats indicate the Pokemon have an adamant nature that increases attack and decreases special attack.
    3RY19Sq.png

I just tested the current patch, and I believe it is working as intended.

You're welcome!

And about Shiny Charm, you can try to type it in the "Goto" feature in HMA, then look inside data > items > stats/"Shiny Charm"

Hmmm I must have done something wrong, is the latest patch the link in the description?

Days
    • Seen today
    Yes, the latest patch is in the first post, maybe you can try to redownload and see if the colors are still not showing.

It might also be because you're using the wrong version of Fire Red ROM. Maybe you can try checking the hash value of your ROM.
    I'm using 1636 Squirrels but what is hash value I can check that

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I'm using 1636 Squirrels but what is hash value I can check that
    It is a value we got from hashing our data, in this case our base ROM. Using this value allows us to efficiently check if we are using the same base ROM.
    And in HMA there is a built-in function to check the ROM hash value (File > Calculate Common Hashes)

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    Hey just wondering if you plan on releasing a future updates section so we can see what you are working / plan to implement / have ideas of implementing

Back