• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal Rules or Traditions?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I only have a couple rules:
    - Run from everything unless trying to catch it.
    - All pokemon must be caught in pokeballs.
    - Must keep my starter until the E4 is beaten.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Mostly personal.

-Stick with starter until the end
    -One Grass, Water, Fire and Flying type(for the Fly HM), in my team
    -No Legendaries in team(started with Platinum, only own Diamond previously).
    -Only use Pokemon in-game/part of the National Dex.
    -No cheats

All I can think of for now.

Years
    -The one constant I've had since my first Pokemon game (Yellow)-No Legendaries in my team. The only exception being Reshiram, because that one actually makes sense character wise and it fits with how I usually set up my team.
    -My starter stays in my team. Always.
    -Get all 3 starters at the start of the game, and one Flying.
    -Gen 5 exclusive- base my current team on the type weakness(es) of the Gym Leader I'm about to face and grind until they are all on a higher level than the Gym Leader's Pokemon. I will not lose to a freaking Watchog again B(

Years
    I always start going with the default name whether it's Red or Gold I always choose it. I then (in Kanto region) choose the starter on the cover and I always have it one level more then my other Pokemon since I want it to be my most powerful because of the bond between a trainer and his first Pokemon. In the others I usually choose the water type Pokmon usually the difficulty is in between with that choice. Then I capture the legendaries but release them right after I get the Pokedex data because I feel they lose their prestige.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Yes I have rules for myself.

I don't ever play with legendaries, ever.

I don't play with Hacked pokemon (don't even know how to hack! lol)

I don't start a new region with high level pokemon (makes it too easy)

I don't put HM's on my real team.

I always have an eeveelution (probably espeon, if possible, shiny (post-game))

I always have to cover weaknesses.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    my traditions are

NEVER use lenderary pokemon

use "transport" HMs like Surf and Fly

Years
    Well, I have some :)

-I'm male, so I pick my character as male.
    -Only catch and only use dual-types. However, I catch every dual-type in the game.
    -I use(/train) 6 Pokemon at a time; a full team.
    -Train all Pokemon equally (so, for example, all my pokemon would be level 30{+,-).). I don't train any more than others. If any fall behind, I train those up (note, "fall behind" is usually by like 1 level or less.)
    --That said, if I catch a new Pokemon, I will train it up to the level of the others.
    -I only teach my Pokemon moves of their types (so, for example, my Venusaur will know only Grass and Poison moves).
    -A Pokemon I have will know all HMs that have the same type as it and it can learn.
    --Occasionaly, usually for temperary purposes, I will catch a Pokemon only to be used fora HM. I will not once use it in battle, not even send it out.
    -Fight all trainers, don't skip any.
    -I don't nickname my Pokemon.
    -I don't trade.
    --However if I had newer (or just other) Pokemon games other than Fire Red{Generation 3}, particuarily if I had newer Generations, maybe I would trade them to. I probably would (at least to an extent).
    -I definantly don't hack.

That's about it :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    My traditions:
    I pick the female character generally
    I always use my real name as the trainer name.
    I always have a water type with me.
    I never use repels unless I feel I really need to.
    I hoard any event Pokemon given out.
    I always have 6 Pokemon with me.
    I always catch the mascot legendaries, sometimes I use them on my team.
    I always try to use different Pokemon every game.

Back