• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personality or Hottness

Personality or Hottness

• Total voters

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    Personality. Looks amount to nothing if you can't keep a person interested.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    DeathScape said:
    I'm not shallow, but I hope they're a tad bit sexy. I'm not gonna date someone who's face looks like a horse's butt!
    If you think of it nobody actuaully looks like that. Everyone is beuatiful in their own way. :)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I havent hd a date coz of my age but I would like to date a girl in both categories.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I would most likely judge people on their personality. Looks doesn't really matter that much to me...

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    Mwar, looks fade, personality is forever. If I were to only go after the hot girls, not only would I end up really disappointed [I'm not exactly the kind of guy to make a girl faint by looking at him... smelling him maybe but not looking at him XP], but when her looks leave her because of aging... mwar, I'd end up going after more young girls. Not good. Also I'd probably hate 'em 'cause their personalities... may be everything I hate. Mwar. That's one thing I like about talking to people online, I get to know who they are, often way before ever seeing what they look like ^^;;

...Besides, when you love someone, it doesn't matter what they look like 'cause you find their inner beauty radiating through, and you find their physical form attraactive too ^_^

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
    I would say personality. If someone is hot, they -probably- (not saying all the time, I know some girls [no, they're my friends, don't get any ideas XP]) who the boys in my class are falling over, and they're really nice. But in the other grades, the hot people are complete idiots. X_X

So I'll say perssonality, because, as Pory said, looks go away with age (unless you get plastic surgury, but eventually you won't want that), and personality stays.

pirategirl92

Still loves season 1
    Years
    I'd rather date someone for their personality. I would hate it if my boyfriend was very hot, but he was rude and had bad manners. Although, if I dated someone for their personality, I would hope that they look at least decent.

Years
    Personality. Definetly. Stuff ta have in common, feelings, friendship, an' most of all, love.
    NOT hotness, I'm NOT tha kind of person ta drool over lookin' at some gal like "Man, she's hawt!", yeah of course physical aspect attracts me too, duh, who isn't attracted, especially at this age? XD
    But in the long run it really ain't worth it. If you have nothing in common with that person you just end up parting ways with it... unless yar also dumb enough ta keep holdin' on ta what was never there.
    I don't go by impulses. Love keeps ppl together, not beauty.
    So personality it ish.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    i say both. i'm kinda shallow, but i also don't fall for the girls who can't remember my names. i want girls to have a fun personality, but i also don't want to go out with someone who i don't like to look at.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Porygon said:
    Mwar, looks fade, personality is forever. If I were to only go after the hot girls, not only would I end up really disappointed [I'm not exactly the kind of guy to make a girl faint by looking at him... smelling him maybe but not looking at him XP], but when her looks leave her because of aging... mwar, I'd end up going after more young girls. Not good. Also I'd probably hate 'em 'cause their personalities... may be everything I hate. Mwar. That's one thing I like about talking to people online, I get to know who they are, often way before ever seeing what they look like ^^;;

...Besides, when you love someone, it doesn't matter what they look like 'cause you find their inner beauty radiating through, and you find their physical form attraactive too ^_^
    The whole 'personality is forever' thing doesn't really work out. People change a lot, and the changes aren't always for the best. No one stays the same forever, unless you lived in a bubble or something and had no human contact you'd have to change, for better or worse.

Anyways, personality helps a lot but it isn't everything. If a person isn't willing to take care of themselves (and I mean body not face etc) then it shows how much they care about their well being. I'd rather be with someone who's happy and likes their life.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    I think how you look iz a part of your perzonality actually o.o How you chooze to keep yourzelf reflectz your perzonality, imo.
    I'd defenatly go for perzonality though ^^ Dating a zexy rock iz juzt a little bit boring =P And you DON"T want to end up with a mean perzon o_o; Truzt me, even if you're going out with him/her, that perzon izn't going to be any nicer to you then other people.

If you're a really friendly perzon though it zhouldn't really matter how you look ^^ I've zeen lotz of hot guyz I'd like to go out with, myzelf, ending up really happy with average looking girlz becauze they're zo outgoing and eazy to get along with ^^

Da Schwarz

Yall Want a Single?
    Years
    DeathScape said:
    I'm not shallow, but I hope they're a tad bit sexy. I'm not gonna date someone who's face looks like a horse's butt!

I totally agree with you on that one

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Personality, without question. I read this and had an answer in my head, but I just lost it when I wrote that first sentence. Umm...sorry.

I actually despise people who would be considered "hot", for the most part. They're so full of themselves and have awful personalities. What's worse, are those people who think their "hot". They act like Paris Hilton, but aren't attractive at all (kind of like Paris Hilton, Lol) and that somehow in a social aspect raises their "hotness". They have the worst personalities of all.

Things are backwards for me. Someone could look absolutely gorgeous, but if their personality is dreadful that's what I'd end up seeing. I end up picking up or sensing that personality in everything they do, their mannerisms. A trait that, for me, overrides any physical beauty.

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    Personality, without question. I read this and had an answer in my head, but I just lost it when I wrote that first sentence. Umm...sorry.

I actually despise people who would be considered "hot", for the most part. They're so full of themselves and have awful personalities. What's worse, are those people who think their "hot". They act like Paris Hilton, but aren't attractive at all (kind of like Paris Hilton, Lol) and that somehow in a social aspect raises their "hotness". They have the worst personalities of all.

Things are backwards for me. Someone could look absolutely gorgeous, but if their personality is dreadful that's what I'd end up seeing. I end up picking up or sensing that personality in everything they do, their mannerisms. A trait that, for me, overrides any physical beauty.

I hate when people say that! Not all hot people are really mean. They say that about actors, too. Where does everyone get this rumor from?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Miyu-chan said:
    Hmm... 2/3 Personality 1/3 Hotness. xD Well, yeah... a person being hot is what turns you on, but like sammi-san said, what fun will it be in dating a jerk? xD;

And too hot people are scary. o.o; Just presentable is fine for me. xD
    Exactly.
    I agree with rsgh5, but I can honestly tell you 2/3 personality, 1/3 hotness too. I fell for a guy I didn't know slightly in Year 1 because I thought he was cute - not hot, cute - and then I got over it, then I had that crush until I graduated from primary school inside me because I thought he was great. I refused to see the bad stuff... we were "friends" and half the school had paired us up. >>; We were like each other, we loved Pokemon, the TCG, and school, but... he was an arrogant jerk. I got over him because I realised he enjoyed humiliating me in front of his friends, and that he'd only talk to me if his "mates" weren't around, so yeah.

Back