• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet names

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    For those of us who own pets of any species, be it dog, cat, bird, reptile or arachnid, naming them has always been an important step of integrating them into the family household/telling them apart from one another/creating bonds between human and pet. It's always interesting to see what pet owners name their pets as well as the reason behind the name.

This leads to the following questions:
    What pet(s) do you own, what did you name it/them, and why? :]

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I used to own two lovely chihuahua dogs, Papi & Remy. I also used to own a tarantula (Brachypelma Albopilosum), Spoderman, but it died recently. ;-;

Years
    I own two cats: Porsche and Aston. We also had a third, Lotus.

I'm terrible at naming things so when we originally adopted our first two kittens and my husband named his Porsche (he's a fan of their cars) I just followed suit with my favourite car brand.

We then adopted Aston about a year later and decided to keep with the theme.

For a while I really badly wanted a german shepard x husky (they're so pretty with the husky colouration) so I could name her Femshep.

Now I just plan to get a regular husky and name her Cerberus. It still has a Mass Effect flavour, but also awesome dog related.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    I have 3 dogs; mopsy, blizzy, and bella.
    idk they just seemed like good names. my family agreed on them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    I never got to name my dogs - our first dog was in our family before I was born, and my mom called him Nicky, sort of after herself since her name is Nichole. Our current dog was adopted and she answered to the name Mocha. She was 1 year old when she came to live with us so we probably could have changed it, but it didn't occur to us at the time so we just stuck with Mocha.

Personally, I like giving dogs proper human names, so if I ever get to name my own dog they'd be called something like Oliver or Sam.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    My dog's name is Snappy. The friend of my girlfriend's small sister was giving away a dog and that was the name they gave him. We just kept it like how it is :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I have a shih tzu and her name is Remi (from solfège so it's pronounced Ray-mee). We named her after my dad's old dog, whose name was also Remi.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    My dog's name is Zack. I didn't choose the name. His dad's name was Gohan and his mom's name was Precious. The previous owners tried to name my dog Vegeta before giving him to our family when he was several weeks old. hm. that doesn't even make sense. Yet all of their own male pitbulls had a name from DBZ.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I have 3 cat's. Bizkit, Scarlett, and Tomoya. They are small newborns! They are so cute! ^^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I named my first cat Anastasia after the movie Anastasia, I love that movie, so I wanted to name her after the character in the movie. (rest in peace, little girl).

Then I named my oldest cat Serafina, because at that time I had no idea WHAT to name her after. So I did the "baby-name" searching thing, and found Serafina.

Her daughter, Mikaila (Miki for short)...heh, it's a funny story. When she was born, I thought she was a male at first. So I kept calling her Mike. xD

My little sister was the one that named my oldest doggy, Abby. Abby was her best friend from school.

Then, last but not least. My Chihuahua, Bentley, is named after country singer Dierks Bentley. His song "Tip it On Back" was playing while I recieved him for the very first time.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I have two kitties. My little boy is Sergeant Dustmop I wonder where my username came from and my little girl is Bandit.

Sergeant Dustmop earned his name.. from my ex. Lol. As soon as I picked up my little fluffball, he requested I name him Dustmop. I told him he needed to be a Sergeant - he was a very vocal and demanding kitten. Seriously, he used to climb all over my head in the morning and scream in my ear to wake me. He actually used to just scream at my curtains. I don't know what they did to deserve it, but they were told.
    So he compromised, "Name him Sergeant Dustmop."
    "Well, okay."

Bandit got her name through behavior. Of course. For the first two weeks I had her, she decided it was of the utmost importance to rearrange my bedroom. Or at least everything in it that she could fit in her mouth. She 'stole' and 'hoarded' everything into this dark corner, under my bed.

Though you could say we have an awful lot of cats now. Just a few days ago, my father decided we should 'officially' become a feral cat colony. Now the SPCA will drop off TNRs here, and sometimes even food. It's kinda neat. We've taken the liberty of naming them, of course. They may as well be part of the family - we feed them, 'house' them (they took over my dad's shed/workshop), and play with them.

Spoiler:

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I currently have a Pure Bred AKC German Shepperd 7 months old - Her name is Trixie :)

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    I currently have two dogs, but here are all of my pets combined thus far:
    Tazzy (Rottweiler / German Shepherd mix), I got her when I was 3 and don't remember why she got that name
    Xena (warrior princess), a Shih tzu
    Cloey (Yorkie), my mom gave her a "fitting" name
    Lily (black Poodle) She was my cousin's, no idea. She was born the day my uncle (her father) died
    Finneon (Betta fish) Seriously, it looked just like Finneon!

And like 10 stray cats outside, all of which have names. My mom names them based on appearance

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I have an goldfish called Galdalf and an hamster called Legolas because my daughter is obessed with those two charaters from lord of the rings.

Back