• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet Peeves?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2008
    When people say "could of" instead of "could have".

Or say "fertography" instead of "photography."

And so on. Common grammar / pronunciation mistakes.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    The labels in the back of the neck on a shirt. I want to shank the people who came up with that. Thank God people are making the info sewn into the shirt.

When I drop something for no apparent reason. My hands are sweaty or somethin'.

People who walk up to your front door, trying to sell you something you either 1. Don't care about, or 2. Can't afford. Please go away, people. No thank you.

Just go.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    - People who seem to think that there's something wrong with smoking.

Seconded. I HATE it when I'm outside and someone walks by and does that obviously fake cough (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about). I've even gotten 'smoking kills' added after the cough. -_- Hello, I'm outside, thank you. I know that smoking kills. I never smell like smoke. Whenever someone walks by, I make sure I don't take a drag so that I'm not blowing smoke in their face. I've never understood why non-smokers feel the need to be rude to smokers, when most smokers are really considerate. I stopped smoking a week ago though, so I suppose it really doesn't matter anymore.

Other than that, I detest:
    - Chatspeak
    - My suitemate, who slams the bathroom door every time she pees!
    - Feet. My friends know this and they take their socks off and touch me, and they're all guys, so their feet are really nasty. :S

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
    ~ GETTING UP EARLY, ARRRRGH. I hate it so much. WHY, WHY there isn't high school at afternoon?? Why school must be at 7am ? I have extreme bad mood in the morning. Extreme.
    ~ Maths. Not aaaaaall the things at maths. Some are pretty cool (like trigonometry, so nice *--*). But algebra.. Algebra is my sin. I can't stand!! I hate the teacher aswell :3 (I'm such a adorable girl..)
    ~ People who says that my family is weird. Just because it is kinda big. hmpft.
    ~ Feet. iiiiirrrc~ Feet in general are totally gross.
    ~ Smokers. Wanna smoke, kill your lungs, FINE, but keep your stink away from me.

Seconded. I HATE it when I'm outside and someone walks by and does that obviously fake cough (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about). I've even gotten 'smoking kills' added after the cough. -_- Hello, I'm outside, thank you. I know that smoking kills. I never smell like smoke. Whenever someone walks by, I make sure I don't take a drag so that I'm not blowing smoke in their face. I've never understood why non-smokers feel the need to be rude to smokers, when most smokers are really considerate. I stopped smoking a week ago though, so I suppose it really doesn't matter anymore.
    Noo, it's not that the non-smokers are being rude. They just wanna to make clear that cigarrettes smell horribly. Like, ok, you're smoking outside, not blowing smoke on anyone's face.. but, I don't know, the smell spreads like fire... plus, it kinda sticks on you, I don't really know how to explain.

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    Noo, it's not that the non-smokers are being rude. They just wanna to make clear that cigarrettes smell horribly. Like, ok, you're smoking outside, not blowing smoke on anyone's face.. but, I don't know, the smell spreads like fire... plus, it kinda sticks on you, I don't really know how to explain.

xD Really? See, I've loved the smell since I was a toddler. I was a theatre girl all through high school, and the majority of the actors smoke, so I suppose I've just always been used to it.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    I hate school. Yeah, I know I need it to have a good future and blah, blah, blah, but I feel it wastes my time and is boring. (Even though I love science.)

When my cats throw up on the floor...

Getting up early. I agree with ~Victoria when I say this....WHY!? Why must we get up at 6:30 in the morning?!

Gangstas. I just don't get it.

Drinkers.

Smokers.

People who are 4 inches away from me and shout like I'm miles away. (My younger brother is a perfect example of this...)

Math. I hate everything about it, even if it is important.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    One of my major pet peeves is when people don't put things back where it belongs. If they don't want it, they just put it anywhere. What happens if it is a cold item? It will spoil, and we will lose money. And also they eat the stuff before they pay for it. x.x I just wish that they will go back to the aisle and put the item back! It isn't that hard. Or get one of the partners to put it back for you. Just don't throw it by the magazine rack. @_@

Last edited:

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    I got quite a few:

Modesty. Some people seriously need to learn what the word means. I understand wanting to tell people your talent, and that's fine in a tactful and not obnoxious manner, but when somebody says to me, "Yeah, I am SO GOOD at singing/acting" it just drives me up a wall. >.< (I'm one of the drama geeks at school :))

1337 speek: Liek oh em gee guyz teh speel chek isnt hard 2 find lrn 2 use it pl0x lololol

Whiny kids in restaurants: This has been mentioned a few times, but it's one of mine as well. I have a three year old sister, and sometimes kids just get restless. The parent should then whip out the kids' handy-dandy activity bag and get a coloring book. The said kid then becomes involved in coloring and stops whining. Simple.

People saying 'your mom': Don't even get me started on this one.

People making fun of each other by saying they're 'emo': This one REALLY bugs me. I just can't stand it, because, for one, it's not emo... It's depression. Depression is very serious and shouldn't be taken lightly at all.

Yeah... Lotsa things bug me :P

Edit: After reading other people's I remembered more:

Morning's need to go die. 'Nuff said.

Judging people: Just don't do it...

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years

Eeerm... Gonna have to disagree. I make very sure not to blow in people's faces, always ask if it's okay to light up if there's a non-smoker around, keep my clothing washed and for the most part, free of stale tobacco smoke, and don't create butt-litter. And I still get people reaming me out about it, when they're 30 feet away and can't possibly smell it. It's a matter of intruding on my personal choice, especially since where I live now, there's no smoking area for us to go and non-smokers to avoid. Yelling at me about it is just plain rude.

I will say that some aren't rude about it, just as some smokers are. But to say that all non-smokers aren't being rude and are just trying to make a point is a flawed statement.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    Some people in every kind of catagory imaginable are going to be rude, some non-smokers will be rude, some smokers will be rude. I personally don't even want to be in the same room as a smoker, but that's just me. I'm not going to go tell them to stop smoking unless the smoke's getting in my face, and for some reason I can't simply leave.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    People who scream loud really annoy me.

Lash

Years
    Those who use others for personal gain
    People who lie in a situation for their own convenience
    Mondays
    People who don't take no for an answer

So, not much XD

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    things that make me cringe are:
    Babys/ girls really high pitched squeals
    people who think they are all that and better than everyone else in the world.

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
    - Smoking. I don't really care if people want to do it, I'd just prefer that they don't do it next to me.
    - Lying. When people deliberately lie, or evade the question, I tend to get irritated very quickly.
    - People starting conversations with me when they have nothing to talk to me about. Its always the standard, insincere questions, ie "How are you?" - don't ask if you don't care. Yet people always ask.
    - People saying "Can I ask you a question?" - they'll ask it anyway, and...didn't give me much choice there, did they? Bravo.
    - Chatspeak. For the love of the Gods, TYPE PROPERLY. A few spelling mistakes are to be expected - after all, English isn't everyone's first language. But that is NOT an excuse to mutilate the language. It is NOT.
    - Disconnectors. If you don't like losing, don't play the game. So long as you play something, losing is always going to be a possibility.
    - Children under the age of thirteen, in general. That said, I have some friends who are under that age, but this is a generalization. The majority of children under that age (in fact, under the age of sixteen) are moronic chavs.
    - Angst. For hell's sake, does nobody suffer from REAL depression anymore? Stop your bloody whining and get on with your life. EVERYONE goes through difficulties, but you don't see us claiming depression as an excuse to get out of it and gain sympathy from everyone else.
    - Self-harmers. This is the very lowest of the low. You want to kill yourself? Fine. Get on with it. Die silently, if you don't mind, because nobody gives a damn.
    - People who make a promise and then break their word. If you give your word, you keep it. Simple. If you don't...words cannot describe the disgust I feel for these people.
    - People telling me to "cheer up" - I'll cheer up when I have something to be cheerful about. I'm not going to do it just to make you feel better. You don't like it? Piss off. I'm not forcing you to stick around. I never even wanted your company.
    - Suffocating friends. Friends are fine and all, but I don't want to spend every second around them.
    - Expectations. I'm in life for myself and I'll not meet anyone's standards but my own.
    - People who presume to know what I'm thinking. So, you can see inside my mind now, can you?
    - Summer. Honestly, what is so great about the summer? Its bright and hot, which leads to dehydration and headaches. Its miserable.
    - Being woken up in the morning by my little brother. I'm awake early enough as it is, I don't need him to pull me back from the abyss a few minutes earlier...
    - Incompetence. If you're going to do it, do it RIGHT, or at least to a respectable standard. Freakin hell.
    - Jehovah's Witnesses who make door-to-door calls trying to convert people to their faith. You want to be religious? Fine with me. But show a little respect to those who don't, if you please.

I suppose to condense it down, everything pisses me off.

Back