• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet peeves

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Pet Peeve: When my food on the plate touches.

I mean when my fruit touches my rice and my meat, I can't eat it. I also use different silverware for different food. Can't use the fork I used for meat to slice up the fruit. Meh, maybe I'm just OCD.

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • To be honest, my biggest pet peeve is other people trying to do/help me do my projects, whether in school or out, unless they are a seriously trusted friend. I get that they are trying to help, but unless I really need them I prefer to take the extra time and work alone. Mostly, this is because of my extremely persistent perfectionism, which has both helped me and ruined me throughout my life.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Arrogant people. This is one of the top ways to get on my bad side, is cop a very arrogant attitude at me whenever you're informing me of something. This goes for people who say "You don't know anything about X because you haven't done Y." ...Seriously there are more ways than one to obtain experience or wisdom about things, and just because I didn't do it your way, it doesn't make me wrong or stupid. There's a reason why I opened my mouth. XD
    A related peeve of mine is people who refuse to listen to reason. If you ask me something, expect to hear me being brutally honest. (Sometimes you don't have to ask, but if I am asked, I never sugarcoat it the way I might if I weren't asked directly.) If I'm trying to talk through a conflict, nothing pisses me off more than refusing to listen. Once I'm pissed off at you for that, I turn quite nasty sometimes, as it's one of the few things that can make me smash a stack. I'm a caring person, so when people refuse to hear me without properly explaining their side, it gets me pretty steamed because I'm a stubborn person. xD

Excessively immature reactions
    This is another quick way to get my tongue forked and me spitting poison. XD
    Overreacting almost always magnifies problems, and this one ties right into the previous two peeves of mine. I won't tolerate excessive immaturity when you've shown a respectable level of maturity, unless we're just joking around or having fun.
    Joke-sults (Joking insults)
    This one ties into the previous one. Now with that being said, I can tolerate a few barbs thrown at me in good humor, as long as they're not worded extremely offensively, but I expect all of my friends to have a certain level of tact. Usually if I'm not in the mood for these barbs, I leave little signs of that in my manner of speaking, behavior and such. I do this intentionally...and for you denser types, I even tell you when I'm not in a good mood, so it's not like you aren't suitably warned.
    This can quickly land you on my bad side if they're pointed at a friend of mine, if I don't know that you share a close enough friendship for it to be tolerated, so make sure you introduce your friends to me properly and let me know about how close you are in friendship so I don't misinterpret things. (I'm fiercely loyal to my friends once the bond has deepened enough, so keep that in mind.)

Bullying
    I can't stand to see bullies, and this does tie into the previous peeve, as well as the previous one ties greatly into this one. I wasn't popular as a child, and I simply won't tolerate that behavior from anyone. If I can't tell you off or do something to punish you for it, I will strongly dislike you for a long time, as well as persist in ways to make you absolutely miserable. Naturally, this also ties right into my peeve about extreme immaturity. It's quite immature to bully others for any reason at all. I respect people who try to resolve their differences peacefully.

Stuck up people
    People like this are the worst. Not only are they immature, but they're arrogant and they're bullies to boot! You may never get me to like you once I've decided you're stuck up. XD
    (Quite simply, your chances are slim unless you do a complete 180 in plain sight)

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
  • Reckless driving and road rage. Blame my dad on that, he drives like he owns the road. :/

PEOPLE USING INTERNET MEMES IN REAL LIFE. Auuugghhh, it makes me want to punch them. :x

"ZoMg RaNduM!2!!!11" people, too. :D It kind of goes with the above, since besides going on about crap like "sporks" and "i liek pie", they're quoting some stupid internet joke in public.

Yes I'm mean, what else is new D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I really hate:
    Animal Abusers, People who don't treat girls right, annoying people, people who laugh loudly for no apparent reason, people who act immature, bullys, etc,

Years
  • Work-related:
    - "How much is a slice of pizza??" There's a menu board in front of you. Sad thing is everyone does this.
    - "This place is expensive!" Well, you didn't look at the menu board, did you? (To be fair, though, it is expensive; but I have no pity for people that don't look at prices first.)
    - People who order something and then run off to get something from another store. Why??

Not-work-related:
    - Babies that won't stop screaming. My poor ears. :(
    - People who mix up words. Like loose/lose, ensure/insure, your/you're, ect. I realize that sometimes it's hard but I still can't help but get irritated.
    - Random noises that don't go away. It all depends on the noise. A few days ago a co-worker kept putting out this beat and I wanted to scream at him and tell him to stop it.
    - And last but not least, the drivers in this town that have no respect for pedestrians. Don't honk at me for walking on the side of the road when there's no sidewalk! Also, hardly anyone gives pedestrians right-of-way. You get used to it but it's still pathetic, when you're walking down a crosswalk when you have right-of-way and jerks still take a right turn when you're not there yet.

Helena

Perverted Dude?
    Years
  • -Justin Bieber
    ((that pretty much explains itself))

-When my friend takes my phone, and sends inappropriate lies about me to every single person in my contact list.

-When I get more than 30 notifications on facebook, and it's only on ONE thing.

-Broccoli, I just hate looking at small trees.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I have a pet peeve about people repeating themselves over and over and over and over to the point Im like "I GET ALREADY!" This has proven to be a fault at times since im going into Journalism as a career and people repeating themselves is a good thing there.

Back