• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet peeves

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Just as the title says, what are your pet peeves and why?

My biggest pet peeves are people being overly friendly with me when we just met. Seriously! I hate that! It's fine if people are friendly to me, but not too friendly. I don't know why, but I really don't like people being all friendly with me and being overly familiar. I mean, we just met! Don't act like you know me please.

I know it sounds like I'm being un-sociable but yeah, it just really ticks me off.

Anyways, what are your pet peeves and why?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My pet peeve is when people make their own mess, and don't clean up after themselves! I have others, such as people who become unfriendly when I say hello, and people who burp on occasion. -_-

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Two things tick me off more than anything else:

- Grammar Nazis: not only are they usually extremely arrogant and annoying but you can always find something grammatically wrong with their corrections. The people who review stories and whatnot are grand but sniping someone's post to make yourself look intelligent? How insecure about yourself can you be?

- People who have to let everyone know they do drugs: I drink alcohol quite a bit and I've watched my friends take tablets or roll up joints or whatever so I'm not the sorta guy who'd be like, 'oh no, drugs!' and run away. What annoys me is when you're browsing their Facebook or you're having a nice group conversation about something that has nothing to do with drugs and all of sudden, 'oh, man, remember the night before last! You were totally out of it!' It's really nothing to talk about and I know people who talk about these things 24/7.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    In rl:
    People who talk to much.
    People who are rude.
    People who have no respect.
    People who are loud.
    People who cheat.
    People who bully others.
    People who blast their music on their iPod.
    People who swear a lot.
    People who use slang a lot.

And the list can go on...

Years
    My biggest pet peeves are people being overly friendly with me when we just met. Seriously! I hate that! It's fine if people are friendly to me, but not too friendly. I don't know why, but I really don't like people being all friendly with me and being overly familiar. I mean, we just met! Don't act like you know me please.

I know it sounds like I'm being un-sociable but yeah, it just really ticks me off.

Are you me?

But yeah, basically this. Not to sound conceited, but I do have a somewhat noticeable amount of popularity, but it's not like I wanted it. I'd prefer to stay within my circle of friends and fellow seniors and not have to deal with those random people I see maybe twice a week.

Also, fanboys and fangirls. I understand showing that you like a series, but the extent to which some of these people go sometimes make the series itself unappealing simply because of how obnoxious these guys act. Most of the time, they aren't even that into the series they're fanboying/girling over; having only been into their series for a marginal amount of time. To see them spit out their [sometimes incorrect, copypaste, obvious, or irrelevant] knowledge about said series all the time... Immature, I know, but it still bothers me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    (copy/pasted from my old BMGf blog):
    -Being told to get offline when I don't want to yet
    -Anyone who thinks Pokemon sucks.
    -Homework
    -Writing.
    -Losing in a video game. Or any game in general, but I'm still a good sport.
    -Slow Wi-Fi connections
    -The fact that Shoddy Battle lags. A lot.
    -The fact that I fall asleep without me realizing it.
    -Being told to go first in piano lessons when I don't want to.
    -When my sisters take my stuff without asking (especially my 2nd oldest sister with my iPod and/or my headphones). Same goes for not returning them.
    -Overheating laptop

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    -When my parents search through my stuff and invade my privacy.
    -Rude people
    -When people are late because I usually take care to get there early to meet them.
    -Having limited internet.
    -People who don't know how to use turn signals.
    -Waiting in line for food.
    -When looking for fan-art, when my favorite characters are paired up with a complete idiot.
    -Ash Ketchum, especially his voice.
    -Pikachu, especially its creepy predator smile.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Misplaced apostrophes. I'm not a complete grammar Nazi, but misplaced apostrophes drive me up the wall. I was in a fast food restaurant a few hours ago, and on the menu, the word PIZZA'S was written in big, bold letters for the whole shop to see and I wanted nothing more than to tear the sign down... or at least cover up the abominable apostrophe.

Apostrophes aren't necessary for plural words; they just signify belonging and signify contractions! It's not that hard to understand, and yet so many people forget!

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    One of my pet peeves are people that use American slang when they're not from America.
    I'm from Scotland and the town I live in is full of people pretending to be American. It drives me nuts.
    I obviously have no problem with America at all, I only have a problem with people pretending to be American. The same with white people pretending to be black, or people pretending to be Japanese.
    Just because you watch anime, read manga and have memorized a few Japanese lines off the internet doesn't make you Japanese.

I also hate when people disagree with opinions other than their own. That's why they're called OPINIONS. There is no right or wrong...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    People who say "I could care less."

It doesn't mean what you think it means people.

Also, I've actually been called "The Grammar Hitler" before, so poor spelling and grammar really bugs me. lol

Back