• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet peeves

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    What are yours?

Here's my list:
    - When people make loud noises when yawning.
    - When people clap while laughing.
    - When people talk while eating.
    - When people ask me a question while I'm eating and expect me to reply with food in my mouth.
    - When I'm chatting with a friend on FB messenger or Skype and they keep hitting enter after every single thought that pops into their head. I constantly hear that annoying alert tone. Like press Shift+Enter to break lines. Hold your reply until you put down all of your thoughts.
    - When I ask someone to stop doing something gross like talking with their mouth open or burping, and then they purposely do it again to annoy me.
    - When people ignore my texts yet I see them texting other people 24/7 when I hang out with them.
    - When someone wants to show me a funny Youtube video but then they keep quoting every line. Like stfu, I want to listen to the video, not your impersonation.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My pet peeve is when maccrash posts pictures of me on PC that were meant to be private.
    Now I wish I hadn't deleted those cute pics of you I saved.

My pet peeves are mainly 3 things:

• People who walk in the wrong place/wrong direction.
    • People who walk too slowly.
    • People who stand around in stupid places and are in the way of others (meaning me).

Really, these are the things.

Years
    When people talk with their mouth full and chew noisily
    People text with a response like ¨um k¨ after I explain something to them
    People that constantly spam texts when they don't get a reply
    and People that can't decide what they want for dinner so they hold up everyone else because they feel like (food here) but then want to go out and get (fast food) then say no, and want (Delivery)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    • People who chew with their mouth open.
    • People who only take things literally, and thus don't ever take hints. (Like "hey I'm really busy and don't have time to talk [and so you should go away]" → roommate proceeds to talk at me for an hour while I practically ignore him to do my assignment and STILL DOESN'T GO AWAY??)
    • People who feel the need to fill every silence, even if it was perfectly comfortable.
    • Guys who take up 1.5x more room than they need to in the classroom, on the bus, etc. Just because I'm short doesn't mean you're entitled to half my personal space. Don't look annoyed when I accidentally elbow you or ask you to move or my backpack ends up hitting you.
    • Relatedly, when people take up a whole seat on the bus with their bag(s) even when it fills up. Especially when they ignore you or refuse to put it on their lap when you ask for the seat.
    • When a website changes its layout and people start petitions to try to get it to change back just because they don't want to adjust.
    • People who play League of Legends in the library, clicking CONSTANTLY when everyone is trying to study quietly. Go home if you're gonna just play games the whole time.
    • the whole concept of daylight saving time

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    - People who talk REALLY loudly on their phones during morning rush hour on the trains.
    - People who walk inside a train and then immediately stop rather than move in. This creates a giant mass of people trying to squeeze on the train and now have to push past this person.
    - Slow. Walkers.
    - People who feel the need to be offensively "funny" in every interaction with someone ever. Just stfu and learn how to have an actual conversation. Not everything needs your stupid punch line.
    - People who block the door so they can get on the train first, before anyone can even get off the train.
    - People who claim that OMG THEY WOULD JUST DIE!!!!! If they couldn't eat gluten.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    - People who talk REALLY loudly on their phones during morning rush hour on the trains.
    - People who walk inside a train and then immediately stop rather than move in. This creates a giant mass of people trying to squeeze on the train and now have to push past this person
    - People who block the door so they can get on the train first, before anyone can even get off the train

Also, people carrying light weight that doesn't want to stand up for the elderly/mother and child/pregnant women/disabled people to sit, making me, who's carrying a huge backpack which is so freaking heavy, stand up for them.

Train passengers are annoying. Same goes to bus passengers over here. Oh man, the silent rant that I spout out every time I ride public transportation...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I consider myself a curmudgeonly kind of person. And yet I can't think of anything specific really. I guess everything annoys me :P

Oh. Wait. Everything is coming to me now....

- Bad drivers (not signalling, not understanding the right of way, take up multiple parking spaces, etc.)
    - Parents who bring little kids to movies they shouldn't be at (or at the very least as times they should be at. Why isn't your kid asleep?)
    - People who sit next to you on public transportation even when there are other seats available.
    - On that note, people who won't move their bags on public transportation to make space
    - People who smell (bad BO, smoking, whatever)
    - People who use eCigarettes. You look ridiculous and it smells like you're smoking a candy cane. And I'm tired of sitting next to this all day.
    - People who do that weird... talking into a phone by holding it front of you thing
    - People who talk politics but don't know politics
    - People who push alcohol at social functions
    - Deceitfulness
    - People who leave the toilet seat up
    - Walking into spider webs
    - People who spit on the ground
    - Slow walkers
    - Low talkers
    - Close talkers
    - When there are as many or more specials in a restaurant as dishes on the actual menu. I can't remember everything you said. And... why didn't you give me any prices?
    - Loud commercials
    - Public washrooms
    - Losing socks in the laundry. Where the hell do they go?

(thank you to https://www.getannoyed.com/ for several of these)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I start coughing uncontrollably and someone asks "are you alright?" HI I'M COUGHING I CAN'T ANSWER YOU IDIOT.

pkmin3033

- Eating with other people in general.
    - CRANEFLIES.
    - Lack of personal hygeine.
    - Gross lack of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
    - The twenty minutes or so of pointless adverts they put at the start of a movie.
    - Advert breaks in general.
    - The same 0800/0843 numbers calling four or five times a day despite being told more than once NOT to keep calling.
    - The behaviour of certain people in certain fandoms.
    - The local pharmacy constantly messing up my prescription.
    - Spontaneous early-morning off-key singing to awful modern pop songs.
    - The same half a dozen songs being played on the radio every single morning.
    - People who act like they own the road.
    - Unsolicited advice.
    - Insincere sympathy.
    - Daylight Savings Time. Particularly when the clocks go forwar[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]d.

..there's more. I'll edit this.

[/FONT]

Poki

Banned
    Years
    - When I'm chatting with a friend on FB messenger or Skype and they keep hitting enter after every single thought that pops into their head. I constantly hear that annoying alert tone. Like press Shift+Enter to break lines. Hold your reply until you put down all of your thoughts.
    Look, you know very well that I won't stop doing that when we chat, so just switch to Do Not Disturb on Skype to get rid of the sounds. Either that, or deal with it. :p

Anyway, I agree with the rest of your pet peeves, so I'll just add a few of my own without having to repeat what you already added:
    • When someone offers to help me without me asking them to (I like doing things on my own), and then proceed to complain that they have to do my work. Like, who the **** asked you in the first place?
    • When people interrupt me, which results in me having to repeat myself over and over. It never ends well.
    • People who don't even put minimal effort into their spelling and grammar.
    • When people stare at me.
    • When people bug me about something I was just about to do.

Years
    What are yours?

Here's my list:
    - When people ask me a question while I'm eating and expect me to reply with food in my mouth.
    - When I ask someone to stop doing something gross like talking with their mouth open or burping, and then they purposely do it again to annoy me.
    - When people ignore my texts yet I see them texting other people 24/7 when I hang out with them.
    - When someone wants to show me a funny Youtube video but then they keep quoting every line. Like stfu, I want to listen to the video, not your impersonation.

If we were friends....we wouldn't be. You'd hate me. A lot. Just sayin'

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Look, you know very well that I won't stop doing that when we chat, so just switch to Do Not Disturb on Skype to get rid of the sounds. Either that, or deal with it. :p

It's not just you silly lmao. I'm probably gonna have to do that anyways cause everyone who does it won't want to stop lol.

KentuckyFried

The World Needs More Trubbish
    Years
    What are yours?

Here's my list:

I think you need to relax a little, haha. Pet-peeves are supposed to be small-ish, everyday things that you deal with a lot, and they bug you. You're being a tad over-critical about someone's social behavior. I think you need to hang out with people who don't make you so angry :(

On that note, here's a couple of mine!

1. When I walk into a bathroom, and the toilet paper roll is empty. When I was a kid, I lived in a house with 6 other people, and 100% of the time, without fail, I always walked into a bathroom and had to replace the roll. Like, it's common sense! If you go to the bathroom and use the last sheet of toilet paper, just change the roll! Man, that bugs me. Thank God I live in an apartment now.

2. The sound of someone crunching/chewing the ice in their drink. The sound sends shivers down my spine, and just thinking about the cold sensation on your teeth like that... Man, that bugs me, too.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I think you need to relax a little, haha. Pet-peeves are supposed to be small-ish, everyday things that you deal with a lot, and they bug you. You're being a tad over-critical about someone's social behavior. I think you need to hang out with people who don't make you so angry :(
    I don't see why that should bother you. His pet-peeves are legit, as far as I'm concerned.

KentuckyFried

Years
    I don't see why that should bother you. His pet-peeves are legit, as far as I'm concerned.

It's not bothering me per-say, yes it's his personal views. I just see a few of them as a little on the harsh side, that's all.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    It's not bothering me per-say, yes it's his personal views. I just see a few of them as a little on the harsh side, that's all.

You're on a forum, of course you'd come across opinions that won't tickle your fancy. Harsh or not, you cannot change his point of view. Welcome to the Internet, love.

KentuckyFried

Years
    You're on a forum, of course you'd come across opinions that won't tickle your fancy. Harsh or not, you cannot change his point of view. Welcome to the Internet, love.

I'm not trying to change his point of view. If I don't like a certain opinion, my opinion is that I don't like it. It's called disagreeing with someone. Not having your texts returned immediately is irritating to OP, that's his opinion. Being irritated by someone not answering your texts immediately is immature, that's my opinion. Opposite opinions, what a concept, eh? Which, as I recall, is quite common on "the Internet". Welcome to reality, love.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm not trying to change his point of view. If I don't like a certain opinion, my opinion is that I don't like it. It's called disagreeing with someone. Not having your texts returned immediately is irritating to OP, that's his opinion. Being irritated by someone not answering your texts immediately is immature, that's my opinion. Opposite opinions, what a concept, eh? Which, as I recall, is quite common on "the Internet". Welcome to reality, love.

Who said not having my texts replied immediately annoyed me? I said when people blatantly ignore my texts for weeks yet they're texting other people 24/7.

Back