• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Petalcy Island & The Strawberry Cafe! ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Your trainer name: Adam Stax

Pokemon (At least 3 pokemon in your party): Scizor (male), Espeon (female), Spheal (male)

Accomplishments: Adam is an accomplished pokemon contest trainer, but her has also picked up quite a few badges along the way. His Espeon is his favorite and hardest trained pokemon, but his Scizor comes with a close second. He recently caught Spheal and now regrets it.

Reason for coming here: As the song goes, "Vacation's where I wanna be. Party on the beach where the fun is free. We don't need a holiday, it's time to celebrate. Repeat after me: "I need a Vacation"" - "Vacation" by Vitamin C. He had been needing a vacation for a while. Anyone who saw him could see he was worn out from contest training. Wile resting in a pokemon center in Snowpoint City, a nurse reccommended Petalcy Island.

Meister

A leak has sprung !!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    Trainer name: Andy Pulse
    Pokemon: Houndoom {male} Gligar {male} scyter {male}
    Accomplishments: Andy has beaten the Johto Gym leaders and ended at the last 3 at the pokemon league.
    Reason for coming here:After the Pokemon league Andy was planning to travel to kanto again and challenge all the gym-leaders, but then he heard of this beautiful holiday island called Petalcy.
    He had his doubts but when his mother agreed that he would take baths every day and that he would not spend all his money that she would buy the ticket to the island.
    Andy is a real camper and knows how to survive with out electricity.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Trainer name: mimi cal
    Pokemon: squitle(male) kirila(female)skitty (female) eevee(female)
    Accomplishments: won the grand festival four times and has got 3 bages in every region
    Reason for coming here: she wans to relax for all the contests and bages and would like to explore new places

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Update.

Accepted:

Z34guy - I hope you're active & a good RP'er.

Declined:

ss501girl - Please explain more in your registration form.
    Meister - I don't see any progress in the amount of posts you have. I need to see more to know that your active. Or have recently been active. This applies with ss501girl as well.

I must see some more activity.

EDIT:

BeachBoy is accepted! I hope you enjoy it. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    trainer name: mimi key
    pokemon: squitle(male) kirila(female) eevee(female)plusle(female)masquerain(male)
    Accomplishments: she won the grand festival 3 times and got three bages from every region she was the youngest grand festival champion ever known
    Reason for coming here:she wants to relax from all the contest and sit back and have a vacationaswell as wanting to catch new pokemon for her team.she is quite sporty but spends most of her time cathing and taking care of her pokemon

King!

better
    Years
  • I'm going to exchange Snorunt for Pichu. I'll edit it in the SU, but I'd thought it'd be good to let you know!

Again, great RP! Thanks!

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Oh, I had no idea you could change your pokemon to whatever you desire!

I would like to change my team to:

Ralts (Male)

Flaffy (Female)

Baltoy (N/A)

Corsola

warudo.kun!

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    So...Lemme get this straight.
    This RP is one to just hang around on the island?
    No evil team? No apocalypse? No other clichés?

If so, I'm working on my SU right now.
    Well I like to stay ORIGINAL. There's still more things yet to come.
    Patience is the key. You will see later on into the RP. And clichés are unoriginal.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
  • Dude, love the idea. Count me in!

I'll get an SU later...

Mm, for this I'll definitely make a new character~

Your trainer name: Soma Tsukiyami

Pokemon (At least 3 pokemon in your party):
    Rosary (Female Arcanine; Modest Nature)
    The primary Pokemon on Soma's team, Rosary has been with Soma fr ages. She is quite powerful, although she loves nothing more but to relax. Thus, Soma thought the island was the perfect place for her, and so he brought her along. She is Soma's Beauty contest extraordinaire, having won all the ribbons in her destined category the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions.

Roswell (Male Misdreavus; Calm Nature)
    The secondary Pokemon on Soma's team. Although a bit of a powerhouse, Roswell is very shy and tends to stay away from the rest of Soma's team. He prefers to hide in the shadows and only come out when needed. He is the Smart contest winner of Soma's team, also having won all the ribbons in his destined category in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Chiru (Female Altaria; Adamant Nature)
    The third Pokemon on Soma's team. Chiru is a bit outgoing, and likes to hang with all of Soma's team members (Roswell not included). She is the conqueror of all the Cool contests in Hoenn and Sinnoh, though she actually never liked competing in contests.

Silk (Female Masquerain; Timid Nature)
    The fourth Pokemon in Soma's party. Like Roswell, Silk is very shy and will often stray away. Everyone believes Silk is shy only because her looks intimidate the other Pokemon, so if she stayed away from them, she wouldn't frighten anybody. Nonetheless, she is great friends with Chiru. Silk is also the winner of all the Cute contests in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Towa (Male Mudkip; Relaxed Nature)
    The fifth and final Pokemon on Soma's team. Towa may not look it, but he's an OK battler, though his power doesn't match the rest of his team's. He is much like Rosary, having a love for laying back and enjoying life, but at the same time, he is an intense battler and always tends to battle as if it were his last. Towa is the victor of all of the Tough contests in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Accomplishments: Soma has conquered all the contest ranks in Hoenn and Sinnoh, and has also beaten all the Frontier Brains in the Hoenn region. He later started collecting the badges in Johto, but has only managed to gain a few.

Reason for coming here: Soma's reason for going to Petalcy was to reward his Pokemon for all their hard work. Even though completing contests and taking on a few Frontier Brains and gyms might not seem like a whole lot of work, Soma felt his Pokemon were being worked too hard by him, and thus, he chose to take them to Petalcy where they could finally live a temporary life of luxury.

---

If anything needs to be added, let me know~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Edit: There, changed it. Decided to put the little stories to them for the heck of it~

Last edited:

warudo.kun!

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    OKAY! Perfect. We have enough people with the following new people accepted:

Fia - Enjoy your time here. (;

Okay everyone. We finally have enough people to play.

I'd like to give the honor to anyone that would like to start us off in this RP.

LETS BEGIN! (;

PS: (Sign-ups will still be available too.)

Heffy Joe

Super Attention Deficit Guy!
    Years
  • Hope you don't mind if I pop in. ^^;

Trainer Name: Andrew (nicknamed "Heffy" by friends)

Pokemon
    - GEORGIE [Meowth] [Female] [Sassy]
    - VOLC [Cyndaquil] [Male] [Timid]
    - LUNO [Teddiursa] [Male] [Lax]

Accomplishments: Not much. Andrew really isn't into battling; his Pokemon are companions, first and foremost, but they and their trainer can still put up a decent fight if need be.

Reason for coming here: Decided to take a vacation, in an attempt to relieve himself of the stress of everyday life; he brought his Pokemon along as company, thinking they too would enjoy a trip. Unbeknownst to him, his good friend Noka is on the very same ship, heading to the very same isle.

lorddarigarn

Bane of Optomism
    Years
  • Joel stood at the prow of the boat, leaning over the edge with his hands firmly planted on the railings, hair whipping behind him like a streaming banner. Either side of the boat, twin walls of foaming spray shot into the air, settling through his hair, sparkling like pearls. Besides him, Umbreon stood with her head through the guard rails, fur drenched by the constant mist. The SS Warundo ploughed through the ocean, racing at breakneck speeds towards the island seeming floating over the horizon. Joel closed his eyes, letting the rushing wind play across his face, running his tongues around his lips and tasting the salty droplets. Umbreon let out a yap of excitement, and he looked back down at her. His face peeled open into a grin.

"Having fun?" She let out another confirmatory yap. "Thank Janine for this. She's the one that made the reservations."

Umbreon slid out of the bars and nuzzled Joel's leg, soaking the fabric of his jeans. Smiling gently, he kneeled down and ran the back of his fingers softly between her ears. She began to purr. Yes, this is going to be a good vacation. Absently stroking her forehead, Joel looked, staring towards the rapidly-approaching silhouette of Petalcy Island.

(((Not quite sure what to do. This OK?)))

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Phoenix ran to the port of the island, and took a deep breath of fresh air. It had been awhile since he and his pokemon felt this alive. He glanced at his pokeballs, saftley inside their poke-balls. He smiled at how peaceful the port was. He decided to let out his pokemon so they could also get some fresh air. "Come on out, Ralts! You too, Girafarig!" Both of the psychic pokemon flew out of their red poke-balls, with red beams glowing around them. Soon, the poke-balls flew back into Phoenix's open hands and Ralts and Girafarig were standing before them. Then, he let out the rest of his team. "Come on out, Roselia! You too Baltoy!" They both flew out of his pokeball and they too, were glowing by the red team. Now, for his final most prized possesion. "Mawile, go!" The mighty steel type was happy to be outside again, and immideatly ran over to the other pokemon. Phoenix looked over his team, and nodded thoughtfully.

280-m.png
    203-f.png
    315-f.png
    343.png
    303-f.png

He then noticed there was a small gathering in the town's alley, and called his pokemon to follow him as he walked towards it. He soon found out they were having a festival, and that there were many treats and things to enjoy around the site. He happily told his pokemon the good news. Mawile, Ralts, Roselia, and Baltoy all jumped for joy. Girafarig, on the other hand, did not look so great. Phoenix noticed that it had gotten hungry. He quickly bought a few apples and gave them to the giraffe. He ate them up, and soon smiled in appreciation. Phoenix smiled back, and went on to enjoy the bright colors of the festival. Secretly, he was hoping to find a trainer who was willing to challenge him and his pokemon. But, he was still quite the happy fellow, with his pokemon & bag filled with games and toys won from the games. He walked on with no worries at all.

ooc: This was completly random, so yeah. Tell me if I need to do something specific in the next post.

-MetalGardevoir

Last edited:

warudo.kun!

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    ^-^

As Walid ran to greet the newcomers of his island, he had encountered a trainer with a Ralts, Girafarig, Roselia, Baltoy, and a Mawile. At the corner of his eye, Walid identified the Mawile quickly and it looked as if it's been trained with love. He had seen the trainer feed his Girafarig. Walid slowly walked toward the trainer with a pure smile across his and spoke:

"Why hello there young trainer."

The trainer stared at Walid with a blank stare, but had quickly realized his face from TV.

"WAIT. Are YOU the owner of this island, are YOU walid?!", the trainer loudly said.

"I sure am. I also happen to be a Professor of Pokemon. I am from Goldenrod, and created this island with the money I had earned from my station in the Goldenrod Radio Headquarters. I was a DJ for about 10 years. Eh, and- acutally, enough about myself. Who might you be?" Walid said.

"Wow Wow- Eh, my name is Phoenix. Phoenix Endowood." the trainer spoke with with a timid look.

"No need to be shy young lad. I saw you feed your Girafarig. If you want a place to eat and feed all of your pokemon, I recommend you visit the Strawberry Cafe!"

"The Strawberr-. OH YEAH! I remember! I heard of it on this island.
    But where is it?"

"Ah. I get that a lot. The Strawberry Cafe can be found right of the forest. Once you go right you will encounter the Petalcy Hotel. You can stay there if you'd like. But I hope you made reservations. Any how, after you see the Hotel go down, and go right."

With a dizzy, and a confused look Phoenix said, "WHOA WHOA. So many directions. Alright then. I hope I can remember that."

"If you need any assistance take this, I recorded my number in it."
    Walid swiftly threw a device at Phoenix.

Phoenix caught the device with a frightened look.
    "What's this? Oh, this is a Poke Tech isn't it?"

"It sure is. I recorded my number. Call me if you need anything. You also have a map, MP3 Player, Radio, and a phone in there of course. So use it well. And DON'T BREAK IT. I pay good money to make quantities of these things!"

As Phoenix ran to the right of the forest, he quickly ran off and shouted:
    "ALRIGHT ALRIGHT. THANKS!"

Walid mumbled to himself
    "My my. Such in a hurry. Haha."
    "I should really get home now. I'm pretty tired and it's getting late."

Walid sent out his Pigeot and flew to his house at the top right of the island.

---------------------------

Denied:
    Heffy Joe- REASON: I need to see more activity. You have about 2 posts. And your form is not that specific. Please edit your form and be a bit more active before I can
    accept you.

Years
  • "...."

The girl finished spacing out after she caught herself staring out at the ocean again. Plus, the splash from the Chinchou smiling at her snapped her out of it. Just the smell of a different world again got her so nostalgic.

She knew it was useless to try and escape back to the Sinnoh region but the girl figured that the person from the other world was watching over her. So she just had to stay on this vacation island. What, well let's call her Noka right now, Noka was really looking at was the boat coming out to this place. She couldn't help to think that this place was pretty popular.

"...are you ready to get out Umibana..?" Noka looked down to that chinchou again who nodded after a few seconds so it counted as a late response. She rolled up her sleeves and reached into the salty water, picking up her little friend. "Tell me when you want to swim again, alright?" she spoke, drying him off first before he was sent back into his pokeball.

That's when she started to the notice the gathering too. Noka, who didn't have anything else to do, trudged off into the town. It was a festival it seems, loud noises and yells of excitement surrounded her. Noka suddenly felt a headache coming on but wanted to see what there was to eat first. Hopefully something sweet you would see at a carnival, a clean carnival by the way. Her fingers tingled as the sounds of noisemakers crawled up her neck and eventually got goosebumps. 'I can endure this... it's just for a snack.' she thought to herself silently. Not only did Noka dislike lots of people gathered around in one place, but the loud noises always seemed to make her ache afterwards. She felt her feet get the urge to just run out of there but she was terribly hungry. The thoughts of wild berries came to mind... but those were for the wild pokemon.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
  • Sunlight bathed down on the crimson-haired boy as he made his way over to the dock. If he was to get to the island early enough, he'd probably have enough chances to rest and begin enjoying his well-sought vacation. But, of course, this was mostly because of his Pokemon. If they hadn't worked so hard to win contests, then they would never be going to such a place.

Since Soma was a child, he had always hated battles. He thought them to be barbaric (Fia's Note: OK, OK, so Soma's a TEENSY bit like Ruby from PokeSpecial; he still has more interest in battling than Ruby does...), but still enjoyed them nonetheless, just not as much as he enjoyed contests. As he sat outside enjoying the lovely view, he watched his Pokemon from a distance. His Arcanine and Altaria were socializing with Soma's Mudkip, and his Misdreavus and Masquerain were probably off in the shadowy parts of the boat. Overall, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and that was what made Soma happy.

One could jot down a description of Soma in only a minute. His hair was typically short for a guy's and was crimson red, with some of it sticking up. His eyes were a deep brown, though it sometimes looked red just like his hair. He wore a long, red satin robe with a black workout shirt beneath it so he wouldn't show too much skin. He wore blue jeans, and black flip-flops. Not much to see there, but Soma wasn't plain nor was his appearance too much for the eyes. He seemed roughly 6 feet, as he was approaching his 17th birthday. He seemed to weigh probably at least 130, though that could've been wrong.

Time flew by, and at last, without warning, the ship docked at the island. Retrieving and recalling all his Pokemon except for Towa the Mudkip, Soma stepped off the ship and onto the island. Here, a land of paradise and adventure awaited him.

(Aye, if possible, could you not bunny my character like you did Gardevoir's? Rather, I'd like it if your character could just hand Soma what he needs, and end it like that. I could take it from there, without bunnying your character or anything. But if it is needed, you may bunny Soma. I'm just not big on bunnying, that's all ^^')

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Your trainer name: Saikon Plush

Pokemon:

- Dreams [Dragonair] - [Male] ; Saikon's very first Pokémon of all time, his very first buddy and partner in battling, Dreams hold many of his victories and sorrows of his few losses. He knows a variety of attacks that cover the weaknesses of various types. The bond between Dreams and Saikon has been built on so much, that often times in battle Dreams already knows what attack his trainer is going to call before he even calls it. His battle strategy has stayed the same ever since it had evolved from a Dratini to a Dragonair, and with the evolution came much power.
    - Hope [Lapras] - [Female] ; A gift in the form of an egg by his parents, Hope was given to his on his 15th birthday, also as a request from Saikon himself when he was looking for a Pokémon to travel on. A strong powerhouse of his team and has the endurance of any other Pokémon Saikon has ever seen. Hope is also another one of Saikon's Pokémon who have a variety of attacks at hand that cover many other types. Hope is also a bit smaller than any other of it's kind for some strange reason. She might seem physically small for a Lapras - but Hope makes up for that with her power.
    - Pride [Charmeleon] - [Male] ; A very stubborn Pokémon that Saikon met early on in his journey through Hoenn. It has strange, dark markings below its right eye and its right knee. Saikon doesn't know why Pride has such strange markings, but he looks at them as something unique and no other of it's species has. He named the Charmeleon (Charmander at the time) Pride because that is exactly what the Pokémon boasted with. No matter what Pride will have an infinate amount of Pride, wherever he goes or whatever it does.
    - Alpha [Arcanine] - [Male] ; Saikon's most recent addition to his team, this Pokémon is most playful with the trainer. He loves to be given a massage and just entirely appreciates the presence of his trainer, his friend, his partner in battle. Alpha has some struggle in battles though; when facing a disadvantage, Alpha almost always panics and becomes somewhat clumsy. Hopefully with time, Alpha will grow out of a bad habit and become one the team's powerhouse, for it has a sea of potential.

Accomplishments: Upon arriving to the island of Petalcy, Saikon was involved in numerous Pokémon battles. Challenging various Gym Leaders and earning a number of badges from different regions, from Kanto to Hoenn (Sinnoh is a region that he has yet to explore and set foot on), Saikon loves battling. His ultimate goal was to go ahead and challenge the Pokémon League and become champion of all champions, but the news of this island temporarily changed his mind.

Reason for coming here: Hearing about this island and it's famous Strawberry Café, he loved that fact that this island could have been looked upon as a place to battle, train and help raise your Pokémon, but also a place to relax, converse with other trainers like himself and share Pokémon battle stories with one another. This was a vacation that was ideal for him.

OOC This idea for an RP is amazing. Never seen anything like it. Bravo.

Edit: I've enhanced this sign-up a bit more; it seemed to be rushed when I first posted it. Also added a Pokémon.​

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Your trainer name: Masuka Epoque.

Pokemon:

Sakoni {Wartortle} (Male):
    Not only does Sakoni happen to be Masuka's best friend, he's also the boy's first Pokémon. Although they've only been travelling together for four months, they've learned a lot about each other and have managed to devise numerous battling techniques. He's a cunning, intelligent Wartortle who uses his brain more than his moves when it comes to fighting against other Pokémon, but he'll rarely be seen wanting to win. Mostly due to laziness and because he loves being stuck in his Poké Ball.

Oni {Raichu} (Male):

A month and a half after Masuka set out on his journey from Pallet Town, he ran into a Pikachu in the forest that lead to Pewter City. Desperately wanting something that wasn't common, Masuka sent out Sakoni to fight the electric mouse, knowing that the Pikachu had a type advantage over the Wartortle. Sakoni managed to whittle down his health with constant Bite attacks, and Pikachu (who had already been attacked by a bunch of Beedril earlier that day) was too weak to fight the Poké Ball. After he gave in and allowed himself to be caught by Masuka, he was nicknamed Oni. Oni proved himself to be a powerful Pokémon who wouldn't give up without putting his heart into the challenge at hand. When they reached Celadon, Masuka bought a Thunder Stone and after debating with Oni for a while, they decided to evolve the Pikachu into a Raichu. Unfortunately, even after the evolution, Oni wasn't strong enough to beat Erica and he desires to take out all of her Pokémon the next time he gets the chance.

Pacific {Meowth} (Female):

Masuka had tried to get past the guard who blocked his way to Saffron City, but unfortunately he wasn't allowed for some trivial reason. Due to this, he decided to go back to the Pokémon Center in Vermillion to get some sleep. On his way back, however, he encountered a wild Farfetch'd. Before Masuka had a chance to send out one of his Pokémon to battle, however, he was hit by multipe coins and thrown to the ground. A short fight between Sakoni and the Meowth followed, and the Meowth was caught. Never one to give up a tradition, Masuka nicknamed his newly captured Pokémon Pacific. Pacific proved herself to be a playful creature, refusing to be serious in any way. When it comes to battling, Pacific isn't too awesome at it, but hopefully she'll improve when Masuka gets down to discussing team tactics with her.

Dusky {Houndour} (Male):

The day before Masuka lost to Erica, he had been trudging through various fields to get to Celadon City. Just as he was entering the east side of the city, he noticed a black dog whining behind him. At least, it sounded like a dog. When Masuka spun around he realised it was a pocket monster that desperately needed help. Never one to help anyone out of the goodness of his heart, Masuka realised that this was a golden opportunity to obtain a fourth member for his crew. As soon as he pulled out his Poké Ball, the Houndour fell to the ground, to weak to walk. As soon as Dusky was caught, he was rushed to a Pokémon Center. Masuka wasn't able to use him against Erica because he was still recovering.​

Accomplishments: Masuka has only been a trainer for four months, and therefore hasn't had time to amount to anything big, but he has managed to beat Brock, Misty and LT. Surge and has acquired their badges. One day he hopes to take on the Elite Four, but for now his heart is set on training in Petalcy Island and beating Erica.

Reason for coming here: The same day Makuba was beaten by the Gym Leader in Celadon City, he saw an advertisement about Petalcy Island during the break of a program he was watching. He had already been told about the famous café by a friend and was intrigued, but what really made him want to go was because he wanted his Pokémon to become stronger so he could take on whatever challenge came his way. A holiday sounded like just what he needed (and his Pokémon) and his mind was made up about going before the next day.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back