• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

petition to get pokemon PS2 games

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2009
    i don't have a gamecube but i have a PS2 and would like to see pokemon games on it so sign this petition if you want pokemon PS2 games. I will also try and put this on other pokemon forums and we need as many names as possible let me start it off:

1)pokemonfan63

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • i don't have a gamecube but i have a PS2 and would like to see pokemon games on it so sign this petition if you want pokemon PS2 games. I will also try and put this on other pokemon forums and we need as many names as possible let me start it off:

1)pokemonfan63

Please learn how the world works. To put it more simply, no, what you want will not happen.

Nintendo =/= Sony

Would you like a Mario game on a Sony console while we're at it?

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
  • Nintendo despise Sony, and vice versa. Plus, Pokemon is a Nintendo thing. It wouldn't do to see it on a Sony platform.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • ...that's not happening ever. Pokémon is a Nintendo franchise, PS2 is an old-gen console, that won't ever happen @_@

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Two things:

1) Pokemon is owned by Nintendo and not Sony.... so yeah.

2) And if it did ever work with Sony it wouldn't go on the PS2 because it's old gen.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    ok everyone above has already told u why it wont happen. it would be nice tho but sorry.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Nintendo despise Sony, and vice versa. Plus, Pokemon is a Nintendo thing. It wouldn't do to see it on a Sony platform.
    I haven't heard of Sony and Nintendo disliking each other. From what I understand Nintendo actually gave Sony some of the technology for their controllers. I think they have respect for one another.

That aside, you will never see a pokemon game on a Sony system unless Nintendo became 3rd party like Sega. However, Nintendo is so successful that I doubt that it would ever happen.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    All of you saying that there will never be Pokémon games on Sony systems, I can very well prove you wrong.

I have an ultra-secret Diamond port for the PSP.

Years
  • Pokémon will never be on any Sony platform. Why would Nintendo want to let Sony up its sales. ROMs are the only way you'll be able to play any Pokémon game on your PSx.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    I haven't heard of Sony and Nintendo disliking each other. From what I understand Nintendo actually gave Sony some of the technology for their controllers. I think they have respect for one another.

That aside, you will never see a pokemon game on a Sony system unless Nintendo became 3rd party like Sega. However, Nintendo is so successful that I doubt that it would ever happen.
    Someone pointed this out before I got the chance too, but yea, Nintendo helped with Sony's technology for the PS1 after they split on a console they were going to co-release...
    In fact, last I heard, Sony is still paying for the rights to said technologies...

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • For the reasons stated, this is never going to happen :/ For one, the PS2 is a console from the previous gen, so even if they did start making Pokemon games for non-Nintendo consoles it wouldn't be the PS2. Second, Pokemon is a Nintendo franchise, so... yeah, not going to go on a Sony console XD;

So honestly, no amount of signatures is going to help you here, sorry :[

Frob

Coolest kid on the block
    Years
  • I don't really think they would make them because nintendo is not really in partnership with sony :( but...
    since they made an action replay which is a third party device it might but also it is not licsensed by nintendo so i dont really think they will make one. Sorry

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • It's already been said that there will be no Pokemon games on the PS2 because it is a Sony console, however...

1. Games are still being released for the PS2. It's still selling very well for a system almost 10 years old.
    2. If you know how, you can put an emulator on your PSP (or PS2 even.)
    3. Did you know that Sony and Nintendo were once business partners? Sony was going to develop a SNES CD-ROM drive called Play Station, but the plans fell through. Nintendo didn't want to give up manufacturing control to Sony, so they went to Philips without telling Sony. Philips didn't make a SNES drive either, but they did manage the CD-i which a few crappy Nintendo games on it.

Back