• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PET's revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Here it is.

Advantages:
    Supports Verson 1.0 of USA ruby, sapphire, fire red, leaf green, and emerald.
    Loads all sprites from the ROM no external files, understands the trainers better, music actually saves.

This is the last ever release of PET.

if for some reason you can't run it the rom, use no$gba that's my fix.

I decided to do this, because people that rely on editors were basically stating my first application was trash, so I took that to heart and fixed what I could find wrong, and made improvements.

Pic
    PET's revenge.

Last edited:

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    I worked on it for about from 12 am to uh 9 am then I conked out woke up at 2 and worked till 6 on it
    So i'm hoping it's stable

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    i think this tool is more better than Trainer Edit since you can remove the large space of the names of the trainers..!^^

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Good catch, I had sapphires data the same place as ruby's just had to a quick change there, I made the picture boxes bigger for that misalignment issue.
    Thanks if you can delete the first one in the thread that'd be cool
    With the old pet, I had some types wrong
    Like trainers have their own, then gym leaders have their own type and elite four also have their own types.
    and I wasn't reading enough attacks so they'd always be off

Last edited:

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    HAHA, WOW- I have fallen in love..
    [with the prograsm o,0.]
    it works perfectly.
    This makes hacking Emerald a cinch now!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, seriously.
    Trainer edit was pretty ghey. erm... me not... liked it =]
    LAWLZ... Ok sorry, too much talking.
    But uh, it should have some sort of search system- Like, 'This trainer is on this route'
    :P
    But I'm sure that'd be too much of a hassle, this is great.
    Again, thank you.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Couldn't have a search system, what you're asking for is defined by scripts.
    I mainly decided to do some work on it because I typed my name in google one day and all this stuff about PET sucking came up, PET is like my first child, so that angered me and fueled me to relearn how it worked and work it on.

If you're wondering what i've been up to since I left the Pokemon scene

https://youtube.com/user/ZeroFission the Metroid related videos.

Edit: XD I totally forgot PET could make scripts.

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Couldn't have a search system, what you're asking for is defined by scripts.
    I mainly decided to do some work on it because I typed my name in google one day and all this stuff about PET sucking came up, PET is like my first child, so that angered me and fueled me to relearn how it worked and work it on.

If you're wondering what i've been up to since I left the Pokemon scene

https://youtube.com/user/ZeroFission the Metroid related videos.

Edit: XD I totally forgot PET could make scripts.

So basically... You have to remember who is on what route?
    That's is easy to live by. =]

Years
    • Age 32
    • CA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Hmm....unlike the picture displayed at the top of the thread, the Pokemon' moves aren't displayed. This goes for both versions of PET posted in this thread.

I'm using an 100% verified Pokemon Sapphire ROM. Is there something I'm missing (I'm sort of an intellectual degenerate so it's totally possible)?

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
    Hmm....unlike the picture displayed at the top of the thread, the Pokemon' moves aren't displayed. This goes for both versions of PET posted in this thread.

I'm using an 100% verified Pokemon Sapphire ROM. Is there something I'm missing (I'm sort of an intellectual degenerate so it's totally possible)?

Well of course, the attacks are only for certain types of trainers eg. Gym leaders

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    WTF! interdpth! 'Back' on PC.. How nice ^^
    Man, those good old days, It's been 4 years since you left the Pokémon scene? Maybe longer.
    Oh whatever ^^

Got PET to crash on FireRed, loading that last BULBA???? trainer :P
    Some sprites still aren't displayed like they should. (Part of them is shifted 1 pixel down..)
    Anyway, everything else looks stable and nice :)

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    I truly love this tool :D
    I used Trainer Edit before, these annoying spaces after the name which are displayed ingame are really sh**.
    It's so easy now with this pet, the early version didn't work with me. The only thing i could do was editing the trainer group/name.
    Thx for this tool..!

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Now who was it who said "PET is dead" and all that?

Last edited:

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    Who said that? ^^
    the really ONLY thing that annoys me...if you want to change the pokemon to, for example, groudon you have to click VEEEERY often xD

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    If you go to options and click show as text, then the pokemon will be replaced with a combo box for easy searching. Old old old option, and these people said that.

swampert22
    adamb241
    thetribemaster
    Jonny Buuz
    BerserkPaladin
    LuciaRPG

While they directly didn't say it sucked it can easily be inferred.

I will not change the interface to anyother language,
    how ever if you want it to support different roms

then I need these offsets and the rom type.

trainer graphic table offset
    trainer palette table offset

pokemon graphic table offset
    pokemon palette table offset
    ItemNames
    AttackNameList
    TrainerClasses
    MonsterNames
    TrainerData
    if you can provide me with those offsets I will put them into PET so it can support more Pokemon ROMs

Rize

The XIII Observer
    Years
    Yay, another version of PET. I have one gripe, however; it seems that you cannot edit a Pokemon's attacks if the Trainer is set to a Leader/E4 Class Character and you have changed the Class Name. Any insight into this?

-TSU

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back