• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pets

BJ088

It's been so long!
Years
  • I had a dog for 17 years. First few years I was very close to him and I regret neglecting him after that and putting myself ahead of him. He's passed on now but I have a bird now and I love it! Always take him out of the cage and let him fly around the house. He always seems to end up in my room bopping to my music that's playing. He's great!

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    3 dogs.
    First dog (pure bred Pekingese) I've had since I was 8. He recently died about a week before June 4 (anniversary of my mother's death).
    The other 2 are twins from the same litter (I call them twins because they're from the same litter, not because they have the same colorings. one's black, the other's white. When they curl up next to each other, they literally make the Yin Yang symbol. It's really cool.). They're a Pekingese-Pug mix. One's an over-protective spaz, and the other's... well... an attention *****.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • All three of my cats I'm, close to? I wouldn't say I have a strong bond with any of them, but they don't ignore me like my dog (she loves my mom the most), and my brothers guinea pig is just a guinea pig. I don't spend a lot of time with it. :P

Two of my cats are actually sitting in this chair with me right now. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I get attached to animals very easily, even when they're not my own. Our family has gone through a long line of pets, but we've had the same bird since I was born so he's probably the one I'm the most bonded with.

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    Certainly. I adopted my cat from the local animal shelter when she was extremely sick, and I slowly nursed her back to health. She never leaves my side. :)

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I have had three dogs, all of which I were/am close to.

Vader was a black lab, got him when I was 5, died when I was ten, long story about how he died but the quick version is that he ran away and somebody shot him.

The second dog was Sarge, a yellow lab, got him a few months after Vader died, he was only 4 when he died, he got blasto mycosis which is a fungal disease that hunting dogs inhale when sniffing the ground. Long story short, he did not make it.

The dog I have now, Ozzie, a "red" lab (looks yellow to me), is one year old and dumb as a brick but i love him to death. You know how dogs pick their favorites? Well I'm finally the dog's favorite. i can tell my dad is kind of bummed about that, because he was the favorite with the other two, he said he wants to get another dog next winter to keep Ozzie busy, but I know he just wants to be the favorite, so I'll keep my distance with that dog.

I have had close bonds with those dogs, my dad always tells me never to get to close to a dog because they don't last long enough and it's not worth it, but I have to disagree, i say get as close as you can while they are there.

I've had fish and have three geckos and a bunch of cockroaches, but it's kind of hard to have a bond with those.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Yeah, I've got a very close bond with my cat. I'm going to miss him so much when I go to University, and when he...moves on. ;;

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • My current dog has been around since I was around seven or eight. He loves everyone he comes into contact with, but I like to think I'm his favorite. =3

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • kinda most of them dierd or ran away with in a year,
    1)silver this cat was here before i was born and when I was born my parents moved to a diferent apartment which did not allow cats so they gave him away

2)kily a wight cat we got when I was 5 one day I came home and she wasent home? and I just figured she ran away.

3)romeo my favirote a black cat so cute and so nice I had him for four years from 6 years old to 10 years old one day he got into a fight with some other cats and got his stomach upend up and we had to put him down.

4) I will group all 5 hamsters together well the pet store didnt tell me that they would fight each other. and well they had a fight to the death and the last ne standing was pretty much dead and then died the next day

5) well this time I tred fishes and I didnt know you to change the temp or the season and for the winter i made it hoter and the when spring came they got boild alve.

6) Mithous- my first dog he got huge real quick a golden retriver an loved asians and I dont know why would find our coats and burry them in the back yard was to stupid to play fetch and one day on vacation I left him with my older bro who didnt wach him to well a mithos saw a asian and chased him then got lost.

well yeah thats how it is maby one day I will try a dog again

KUROXFAI

in ure brain
    Years
  • i have cats and im really close to three of them

1) "Squishy" my calico male(rare 1 in 100000) he's my baby i carry him all around the house on his back and i snuggle him every chance i get. I have had him for 4 years i raised him from a ten day old kitten
    2) Verbeena she has bipolar disorder, and is basically insane, but she loves me out of my entire family who are scared to even go near her, and dont understand how i can love her and pick her up and snuggle her to my face and everything. My neighbors tossed her out of the appartment after she tried to kill her kittens
    3) Chester - half maine coon tabby cat has diabetes gets insulin twice a day weights 18 pounds and is my baby lap-cat loves to also lay on my chest an purr like a freight train. I have had chester for 10 years now.

i have had many other cats and i still have other pets i havent listed

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    My dog Woody will always trot up to me when i get home.
    He also lays down by my feet when we're watching a film by the TV =3

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I formally had a Brahminy Kite(named Black) in my backyard 2 years ago. But I had to put him in a nearby conservatory. I'm not really that close to him, but I loved him.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Two specifically.

One died when I was little and we buried him in the back of our old apartment we used to live in. The other, unfortunately, we gave away due to no longer being able to take care of him (and another), though... they were both my mother's. Most of my pets were cats. I think that's basically all of the ones I truly had a bond with. Chester, Shadow and Misty. Yup! Misty and Shadow were mine. Shadow was the one who died, Misty and Chester were given away due to not being able to take care of them. They were given away the very same day the Pokémon 3 movie was released.

Back