• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pets!

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
  • We have three fish which are getting on a bit (they're all five years old) and three birds: two cockatiels and one parrot (I don't know its species). The fish are boring, but it's interesting how we came to have three birds.

We bought one of the cockatiels in 2010 and thought that would be all, but we chanced upon the parrot sitting outside our house in the middle of last year. We knew that it wasn't wild because it seemed very tame and was a species that we had never seen anywhere before. My dad decided to catch it and it's made a happy home with us since. The other cockatiel was owned by my grandparents for fifteen years (I was in the stroller with my mum when she found it injured on the street and gave it to them @_@) but they've both passed away, so we've taken the bird in for its final years. It's a handful having three cages and having to buy three times the normal amount bird seed, but we manage.

Years
  • I don't think i've had a pet in years other than a goldfish or two. And those don't last long ever. ;-; And I doubt i'd try to get a cat or dog anytime soon, ugh. I like them, but I don't want any messes in wherever i'll live.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I live in a zoo. At least, that's the comment that I get whenever someone hears the list of pets that I have.

In total, I have two dogs, three cats, and a hamster. One dog, two cats, and the hamster are my own pets. The other two animals belong to my mother.

My dog is a Parson Russell Terrier named Ella. She's nine-years-old, still acts like she's young, and she's just the sweetest dog anyone has ever met. Babies, small children, and complete strangers (who should be old enough to know not to go up to random dogs) all can pet her and she just loves the attention.

My Siamese cat, Pretzel, is the true seeker of attention. She believes that the world revolves around her, and I might have spoiled her to the point where that's true. She gets special treatment all day, either getting the most attention, the best food, the best seat in the house. But in true Siamese fashion, she'll scream her head off if she isn't happy. So if I ever want some peace, I have to make sure the queen is happy.

The other cat I have, Nova, is quiet and shy. She's just a tabby cat, but she's ridiculously huge compared to any other cat I've owned. (Though Pretzel is only six pounds and dinky.) Nova's a little bigger than my dog. She's gentle though, and is just a sweet cat who wants to be left alone.

Like my Chinese dwarf hamster, Nugget. She's tiny, shy, and really only comes out to visit when she wants something to eat. But that suits the both of us fine. Kind of difficult to have a hamster be outside of the cage when I have two cats and a dog always underfoot.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Hehehe if I said I never had pets then I'd be lying, and I've had many pets over the years. My family and I are a bunch of animal people. ^^

I have a dog named Shannon. She's a 4-year-old black Labrador and the biggest people person I know. What's funny is that I swear she thinks she's part cat and part human. It's hilarious!

I also have a parrot. Well, technically he's more of my mom's pet. Anyway, he's a 27-year-old Red-lored Amazon (type of parrot..look it up) named Tango. He's kinda the family brat. :/

There's also an aquarium in my house. We have a catfish in there, a large fish that I've had for about 8 years now (don't remember his species), a crayfish, and a crab.

A couple if years ago, I also had a chameleon named Irwin. And yes, we named him after the Crocodile Hunter.

So uh...yeah. I live in a zoo. Hahaha! XD

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I have 2 cats and 2 dogs and I used to lease a horse. Cats are my favorite household animal, but horses are my all time faves. Can't wait to own my own :)

Years
  • Right now I have two pets, my 3.5 year old tabby that I got from a friend when he was around 8 months and a small 2 month old gray siberian kitten that we picked up not too long ago. They're both really sweet but my older cat is still slowly trying to adjust to having a new friend, haha.

Needless to say I love cats much more than dogs so I'm happy this way. Used to have fish years back but they all died within two months. ;-; ..

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • My family has three cats and two dogs.

Max is our oldest cat, and he is my baby. <3 I have had him since I was ten, and I am almost 23 now, and he was given to us by an aunt who had him for a while before that, so I know he is getting old and I am dreading the fact that he may not have much longer. :( Oh and he has the habit of NEVER SHUTTING UP. But I love him anyways. :D

Miss Kitty is our next oldest pet. We found her outside my mom's Nail Salon in the pouring rain. Funny thing is that there were TONS of stray and feral cats running around that part of town, but this one totally walked up like she owned the place, and she let us take her home. She is basically my brother's cat, as he is the first one she warmed up to.

Next is Boscoe...my mom practically worships this cat haha! She rescued him from the same group of feral cats that roamed around her shop. This one was so sickly and weak that he couldn't even try to run away. She brought him home and fed him and took care of him and now he is our severely overweight snugglebug. He also likes to act like he is tougher than the dogs but he isn't. :P

Desmond is the oldest dog we have. He showed up at my aunts place a couple years ago. We had lost our previous dog, Joey, to old age about a year prior, and this dog looked somewhat similar, so mom said we'll take care of him until someone tries to look for him. No one did, sooooo he is still with us. He is totally opposite Joey in personality though; WAY more energetic and hyper and naughty about digging holes.

Fritz is our latest pet, and he showed up at my grandmothers house. She wanted to try and keep him, but he kept getting harassed by her own dog, so we figured Desmond could use a friend. Fritz is almost always total beta to Desmond's alpha, but Fritz has his moments of standing up to Des. It's honestly adorable haha!

And I could go on and on and on about my pets. <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    Those are amazing, Brynjolf. What kind of terrarium do you have for the bearded dragon?

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Used to have a bunch of dogs when I was growing up, a Chihuahua, a Jack-Russel Terrier, a couple Siberian Huskies, and a few cats. Some fish as well. Now I have two cats ^_^

Animals are awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    Looks great

I would have done it with reddish sand give a proper desert look. But definitely jealous, you keep some great animals.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I HAVE A WONDERFUL MAGICAL CAT THAT I LOVE VERY MUCH. I also want like a buttload of cats when I'm older. Like I told my boyfriend I wanted to have cats with him.

cats > kids

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Pets!

Pets!

I got him a couple years ago, and that's the only pet that my mom will allow me to get :( I had parakeets but they got mauled by hawks

Years
  • I have a purebreed pitbull named hazel, she is sweet and kind when she wants to be but is a complete diva at all other times because my family spoils her so much!

Years
  • I HAVE A WONDERFUL MAGICAL CAT THAT I LOVE VERY MUCH. I also want like a buttload of cats when I'm older. Like I told my boyfriend I wanted to have cats with him.

cats > kids

Crazy cat lady alert! D:

I'm the same way though, but with dogs (even though I don't have one at the moment) ;; I've imagined myself being a crazy dog lady should I ever live forever alone in the future :c There have been multiple times where I've wanted to dog-nap the ones around the neighbourhood because they're so cute >3<

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I have a cat! He follows me everywhere and has a very cute face. I am quite proud because he has been called gorgeous several times by different people. I shall find a nice picture to bless you guys with.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I have 10 pets! Yeah. 10 dogs. Mostly shi tzu :D We are also using them for business by selling their little ones. My favorite is the princess type shi tzu named cindy :D she is super cute!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    4 dogs, 4 cats, 2 birds, 2 fish. And a stray that's outside. Well... technically 4 strays. So a total of 16 "pets", you could say. But this was nothing compared to when I was living with my ex >.>

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • My family have a dog and two cats at the moment. Our dog, Sally, is my favourite. We've had her about 7 years. The cats, Patrick and Oscar, are less than a year old but I've only seen them a few times since I'm living away from home for college. Patrick is grey-white and Oscar is kind of ginger. Aaand here are some pictures:
    Spoiler:

Back