• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phil's classic Fake Pokémon cards!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Hey guys... I used to make tons of fake cards! Back in 2000 to 2002! I think it's time to show some! Some are humorous, while some are pretty cool! Each have a little story to tell!

please note: my favorite Pokemon were Haunter and Mewtwo... so just keep that in mind :)

Enjoy some... now!

(wake is a real person I knew back in 2001... he's also a Character in our "Pokemon Series")

now a funnier one (one of MANY funny cards)

Last edited:

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    These are really good... Correct fonts, placements, I have pretty much no criticisms to make :P

Delta pikachu is cool, though why the quadruple retreat?
    Haunter's second attakc is too long, but I reckon you probably know that.
    Wake's Flaafy: Technically, the HP text should be red of gym cards. But this is being picky, really. Overall, this is the best card.

Really excellent, though. Look forward to seeing some more.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Lordpenguin is half-right.

- Attack titles are condensed bold like the name of the Pokemon.
    - Font and size for HP are inconsistent. Use Century Gothic, bold, and at a suitable size and keep with that size. The size for Haunter's HP is definitely too big though. And it looks a bit too bold for my taste, though it could just be the size.
    - Don't know if this was transferred to the new cards or they made it up as they went, but cheaper attacks should always be above more expensive attacks.
    - The Pokedex text in the middle of the card keeps changing size for some reason. It should be centered, and try to keep it the same everytime.
    - Why is Mewtwo's text all spaced out like that?
    - Placement and text of the Pokedex lore in the text box in the bottom are quite wrong. You should check it out.
    - Placement for your energies are quite random and inconsistent. The energy symbol on the far left should always be centered with the edge of the illustration border. I'd suggest looking at The Echidna's tutorial at Pokemonzeo.com for more information on placement and such.
    - It's Ken Sugimori. And the artist for Haunter is indeed Ken Sugimori.
    - You have punctuation/grammar issues. You should check it out. An easy one to spot is though, after an attack name, the first word should be capitalized. Like 'Psychic Flip a coin' etc. Not 'Psychic flip a coin'.
    - An addition to that, Defending Pokemon is capitalized. All special conditions are capitalized. When typing Pokemon, make sure you spell it as Pokémon. It's Alt+0233.
    - Attack text and the like have weird placement. Once again, Pokemonzeo.com for all the help you really need.
    - Mewtwo should be weakness to Psychic.
    - Some attacks don't make sense. Look at some real cards and see how they write things, and copy their style. Mewtwo's attack seems to be quite vague and the card itself doesn't really warrant for its huge retreat cost of 3.
    - The font for the Illustrator is condensed bold.

There's probably more but I need to go sleep, so there you have it.

It's a good effort. Keep it up. :)

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    The font for HP is not Century Gothic... It should be Futura Light Medium, bold.
    The name, attack names, and illustrator should be Gill Sans Condensed, bold.

The rest of what Syousuke said is right though.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    The font for HP is not Century Gothic... It should be Futura Light Medium, bold.
    The name, attack names, and illustrator should be Gill Sans Condensed, bold.

The rest of what Syousuke said is right though.

Correction, the HP CAN be Century Gothic. Futura is teh expensives, and Century Gothic is teh free.

Oh, and using Humanist fonts is better than Gill Sans fonts.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Hehe! Well, thanks for the extended critique... I appreciate your efforts on doing that.

but remember...

these were made when I was 12.

Technically, the HP text should be red of gym cards. But this is being picky, really. Overall, this is the best card.
    Very true... except that I changed it to a hybrid Neo-Trainer-Update. It's basically the Neo-Style but with a Trainer-Style-Stat on the bottom.
    I should have added those neo-wavey-things on there too... ah, lazy me.

Also, I purposefully left out Mewtwo's weakness, because Mewtwo is a unique species that shouldn't have a weakness... so I thought when making the card. I think that makes it rather unique and exciting.

I had a blast, and just wanted to show some fake cards that I made. Back then, I went so far as to print some out and use them at a Pokemon TCG League (but I only used that with my friends, who also had some cards I made... it was fun... while it lasted)

anyway, Plantpikachu has 4 retreat costs because I thought it would be funny that way... the most useless card ever! Ha!

Here are some more... they're all made in 2001-2002... I hope you get entertained reading them.

Deli Heracross from "The Dark Pilgrims". They are a humorous duo of supposed "behind-the-scenes" Pokemon who are like a mafia. Laugh and be merry!

Colorless Mewtwo. Heh.

Here's Wake's Ampharos. Interesting.

And here's the poster for the VS-set that I made up. It contains the trained Pokemon from these three trainers: Wake, Ivan (or Pix), and Hrvoje (pronounced: Her-Voh-Yeh)... or Hrzo for short. These guys are said to be the most elite group of rogue trainers ever.
    Just for you guys who are questioning my sanity right now: I did this when I was twelve years old, okay? enjoy some new stories I'm telling! :)

I thought up a rule (in 2001) called "Nicknamed Pokemon", just to give the game a little more flavor. I think it's a nice touch. This is Masamune, or "Massa-Mune". I'm sorry, I can't for the life of me remember where I took this wonderful picture. This was a long time ago.

More to come! Just let me remind you for the fourth time: I'm just displaying stuff I always wanted to show off as a kid, but never had the chance to... so I'm doing it now. I hope some of you will also find it rather fun to look and read about, too! 8)

(by the way, these three trainers are actually based off of real people's alter-egos and names. We had a Game Boy group where we'd battle and trade Pokemon with each other using Red/Blue/Gold/Silver/Crystal games in 2001 thru 2002. All the Pokemon in the cards are the Pokemon (nicknames included) they used in the Gameboy game! Pretty funky, eh?)

Last edited:

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I found futura for free on one of the sites, zeo, or fakecards.com, ppn, somewhere... I always thought CG a poor substitute - unlike the the Gill Sans/Humanist replacement, I for one can tell the difference between CG and FLM.

Cool idea on the nicknames.

If these were made 6-7 years ago, it would be excellent to see what you can do now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    Wow, they are totally amazing..

Well done Is this sort of thing hard to do?

Back