• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Phione, Legendary? or just a rare

Is Phione a legendary?

• Yes, I don't care what you say

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • It's parent was a legendary, thus it is also a legendary

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Which one get's me a cookie?

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    well, I picked "which one gives me cookies" because that shouldn't be an option up there.

but either way, if your saying that it's bad and has a bad moveset, why do you care if its called a legendary or if its banned from the battletower anyway -_-

Sorry, I always like to put a funny answer on polls XP

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    "Which one gives me a cookie?" I'll take a cookie from either one thanks, ;D

It's not exactly a legendary as it branches out from Manaphy and that should really just say it there. I don't quite regard it as a legend due to that, but rather, classify it as a rare Pokemon. The fact that so many of them can be gotten due to breeding as mentioned above numerous times, really cancels out the true rarity of a legendary on a single game.

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    If you're parent is famous, does that make you famous? Usually. Ex: The Crocodile Hunter's Daughter. I think it's a legendary, even if it sucks.

Just because it's parent was a legendary does not make it a legendary, for example: If you breed a female dragonit(Dragonite is an uber btw), would that make the baby dratini an uber as well? Unlike phione, dratini can become an uber, where phione cannot.

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    mdarkcecil, you're nuts. Dragonite isn't a uber. Any n00b should be able to figure that out; its OU.

No, it is an uber, it' bast stat total is equal to 600, and to be an uber the pokemon's base stat total must be atleast 600. "Any n00b should be able to figure that out".

Years
    Ever tried to define the word "Legendary"? It's as simple as catching a Rattata. A Pokemon that does not have legendary Powers, and is simply a Pokemon that legends, myths and so on does not mention, is not a Legendary Pokemon. It's stats do not matter either. Also, ever tried to check its Pokedex entry?

"A Pokemon that lives in warm seas. It inflates the flotation san on its head to drift and search for food."

Oh come on.

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Years
    hmm... ...ok XP *hands over cookie*

Yummy cookies! :D, oh and I honestly wouldn't say Fione is a legendary if it can be obtained through breeding. Like look at a celebrity for instance (I won't name any). The celebrity is rich, famous, handsome, whatever you want to call him/her. They get together with someone and have a child. Now, because the child is born, is the child famous for anything? No. Yes, the child does receive a lot of media attention but has the child really done anything to deserve that attention? No. It only receives as much attention as it does because of its parents. So anyways, what I am so much misguiding to say is, just because what came before the baby is famous, that doesn't mean the baby is going to be famous for anything.

Also, Fione is not an uber, overused, or rare because:

1. If it was an uber, it's base stats would have to be the equivalence (or over) a total of 600 (calculating the base stats together would have to equal 600)

2. Fione is not overused because you'll hardly ever see it being used in a competitive match against anyone because of it's ironically poor stats.

3. If Fione was rare, it would either have to be extremely hard to get/see, have an extremely high catch rate (which it cannot be caught, however it can be attained through breeding), or there would not be the possibility of being able to breed it as many times as possible.

So, thus ending my statement, no I don't believe it isn't a legendary pokémon, I know it isn't a legendary pokémon

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    I dont really read into things like this. I just catch whatever I can o_o I also hope I get a cookie for voting.

*hands over cookie to everyone who asked "which one gets me a cookie?"*

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2008
    PHIONE is not rare

:D heres everything you need to know about phione

Basic Information
    National Number: #489
    Height: 0.4 m (1'4")
    Weight: 3.1 kg ( 6.8 lb)
    Footprint:
    Body Form:
    Type: WATER
    Color: Blue
    Pokedex Entries
    English

Basic Information
    National Number: #489
    Height: 0.4 m (1'4")
    Weight: 3.1 kg ( 6.8 lb)
    Footprint:
    Body Form:
    Type: WATER
    Color: Blue
    Pokedex Entries
    English
    PHIONE - Sea Drifter POKéMON

Diamond: A Pokémon that lives in warm seas. It inflates the flotation sac on its head to drift and search for food.
    Pearl: A Pokémon that lives in warm seas. It inflates the flotation sac on its head to drift and search for food.
    French
    PHIONE -

German
    PHIONE -

Spanish
    PHIONE - POKéMON

Italian
    PHIONE - POKéMON

Japanese
    PHIONE - ポケモン (PHIONE - POKEMON)

Size Comparison

Cry

(Download audio file)

Evolutions
    No evolutions.

Locations/Obtaining
    Diamond Version
    Pearl Version
    Base Stats
    View detailed stat info for PHIONE

HP 80
    Attack 80
    Defense 80
    Speed 80
    Special Attack 80
    Special Defense 80

Other Base Information
    Rareness 30
    Base EXP 165
    Gender Rate Genderless
    Happiness 70
    Growth Rate Slow (max: 1,250,000 EXP)
    Steps to hatch egg 10240

Attacks Learned
    Diamond/Pearl Version
    (Level 1): Bubble
    (Level 1): Water Sport
    (Level 9): Charm
    (Level 16): Supersonic
    (Level 24): BubbleBeam
    (Level 31): Acid Armor
    (Level 39): Whirlpool
    (Level 46): Water Pulse
    (Level 54): Aqua Ring
    (Level 61): Dive
    (Level 69): Rain Dance
    TMs and HMs Learned
    Diamond/Pearl Version
    TM03 TM06 TM07 TM10
    TM13 TM14 TM17 TM18 TM20
    TM21 TM27
    TM32
    TM42 TM43 TM44
    TM55 TM56 TM58

TM77
    TM82 TM83 TM86 TM87 TM89 TM90
    HM03 HM07 Abilities
    Diamond/Pearl Version: Hydration
    Moves Taught by People
    Breeding
    Breeding Compatibility: 2,6
    Breeding Partners: SQUIRTLE, WARTORTLE, BLASTOISE, PIKACHU, RAICHU, CLEFAIRY, CLEFABLE, JIGGLYPUFF, WIGGLYTUFF, PSYDUCK, GOLDUCK, POLIWAG, POLIWHIRL, POLIWRATH, SLOWPOKE, SLOWBRO, SEEL, DEWGONG, CHANSEY, HORSEA, SEADRA, LAPRAS, OMANYTE, OMASTAR, KABUTO, KABUTOPS, DRATINI, DRAGONAIR, DRAGONITE, TOTODILE, CROCONAW, FERALIGATR, TOGETIC, MARILL, AZUMARILL, POLITOED, HOPPIP, SKIPLOOM, JUMPLUFF, WOOPER, QUAGSIRE, SLOWKING, SNUBBULL, GRANBULL, CORSOLA, REMORAID, OCTILLERY, DELIBIRD, MANTINE, KINGDRA, BLISSEY, MUDKIP, MARSHTOMP, SWAMPERT, LOTAD, LOMBRE, LUDICOLO, WINGULL, PELIPPER, SURSKIT, MASQUERAIN, SHROOMISH, BRELOOM, SKITTY, DELCATTY, MAWILE, PLUSLE, MINUN, ROSELIA, CORPHISH, CRAWDAUNT, FEEBAS, MILOTIC, CASTFORM, SNORUNT, GLALIE, SPHEAL, SEALEO, WALREIN, CLAMPERL, HUNTAIL, GOREBYSS, RELICANTH, PIPLUP, PRINPLUP, EMPOLEON, BIDOOF, BIBAREL, ROSERADE, PACHIRISU, BUIZEL, FLOATZEL, CHERUBI, CHERRIM, SHELLOS, GASTRODON, TOGEKISS, FROSLASS, PHIONE, MANAPHY
    - Sea Drifter POKéMON

Diamond: A Pokémon that lives in warm seas. It inflates the flotation sac on its head to drift and search for food.
    Pearl: A Pokémon that lives in warm seas. It inflates the flotation sac on its head to drift and search for food.
    French
    PHIONE -

German
    PHIONE -

Spanish
    PHIONE - POKéMON

Italian
    PHIONE - POKéMON

Japanese
    PHIONE - ポケモン (PHIONE - POKEMON)

Size Comparison

Cry

(Download audio file)

Evolutions
    No evolutions.

Locations/Obtaining
    Diamond Version
    Pearl Version
    Base Stats
    View detailed stat info for PHIONE

HP 80
    Attack 80
    Defense 80
    Speed 80
    Special Attack 80
    Special Defense 80

Other Base Information
    Rareness 30
    Base EXP 165
    Gender Rate Genderless
    Happiness 70
    Growth Rate Slow (max: 1,250,000 EXP)
    Steps to hatch egg 10240

Attacks Learned
    Diamond/Pearl Version
    (Level 1): Bubble
    (Level 1): Water Sport
    (Level 9): Charm
    (Level 16): Supersonic
    (Level 24): BubbleBeam
    (Level 31): Acid Armor
    (Level 39): Whirlpool
    (Level 46): Water Pulse
    (Level 54): Aqua Ring
    (Level 61): Dive
    (Level 69): Rain Dance
    TMs and HMs Learned
    Diamond/Pearl Version
    TM03 TM06 TM07 TM10
    TM13 TM14 TM17 TM18 TM20
    TM21 TM27
    TM32
    TM42 TM43 TM44
    TM55 TM56 TM58

TM77
    TM82 TM83 TM86 TM87 TM89 TM90
    HM03 HM07 Abilities
    Diamond/Pearl Version: Hydration
    Moves Taught by People
    Breeding
    Breeding Compatibility: 2,6
    Breeding Partners: SQUIRTLE, WARTORTLE, BLASTOISE, PIKACHU, RAICHU, CLEFAIRY, CLEFABLE, JIGGLYPUFF, WIGGLYTUFF, PSYDUCK, GOLDUCK, POLIWAG, POLIWHIRL, POLIWRATH, SLOWPOKE, SLOWBRO, SEEL, DEWGONG, CHANSEY, HORSEA, SEADRA, LAPRAS, OMANYTE, OMASTAR, KABUTO, KABUTOPS, DRATINI, DRAGONAIR, DRAGONITE, TOTODILE, CROCONAW, FERALIGATR, TOGETIC, MARILL, AZUMARILL, POLITOED, HOPPIP, SKIPLOOM, JUMPLUFF, WOOPER, QUAGSIRE, SLOWKING, SNUBBULL, GRANBULL, CORSOLA, REMORAID, OCTILLERY, DELIBIRD, MANTINE, KINGDRA, BLISSEY, MUDKIP, MARSHTOMP, SWAMPERT, LOTAD, LOMBRE, LUDICOLO, WINGULL, PELIPPER, SURSKIT, MASQUERAIN, SHROOMISH, BRELOOM, SKITTY, DELCATTY, MAWILE, PLUSLE, MINUN, ROSELIA, CORPHISH, CRAWDAUNT, FEEBAS, MILOTIC, CASTFORM, SNORUNT, GLALIE, SPHEAL, SEALEO, WALREIN, CLAMPERL, HUNTAIL, GOREBYSS, RELICANTH, PIPLUP, PRINPLUP, EMPOLEON, BIDOOF, BIBAREL, ROSERADE, PACHIRISU, BUIZEL, FLOATZEL, CHERUBI, CHERRIM, SHELLOS, GASTRODON, TOGEKISS, FROSLASS, PHIONE, MANAPHY

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    well, accourding to the poll more people think it is a legendary, and lots of people really want a cookie

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    It's the offspring of a legendary pokemon...
    Even though, This makes him HALF-Legendary, wich is still a bit...
    So... Cookie?

Waaaaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    If it wasn't a legendary, it wouldn't be disallowed from competitive play.

Back