• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phobias/Fears

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    SPIDERS. oh man, gross gross gross keep them away from me :|

that and down escalators, which is kinda weird, but I fell down one as a kid and it pretty much scarred me since. I'll go on them obviously, but i'm never thrilled about it.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

• that and down escalators, which is kinda weird, but I fell down one as a kid and it pretty much scarred me since. I'll go on them obviously, but i'm never thrilled about it.

OMG Same I was once fine about them but then suddenly I was scared of them for a certain amount of time in my Childhood

Years
  • Bees and wasps, mainly. I've never been stung, and tbh, the thought of it frightens me. So bad, that when wasps turned up on a street I walked on, I changed my route to work just to avoid the bugs! Not a big fan of most other bugs, too, but stinging insects, I fear them so much. :(

I'm also afraid of calling people sometimes, too. Don't ask me why.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm afraid of heights and most insects. Don't ask why, or you'll have the same fears.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I have a fear of not being able to move my arms. I also have a fear of Clowns, Roller coasters and Jumping Spiders. (Don't mind normal spiders though)

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Well I don't know if any of you got this, but I doubt I'm the only one with this fear: Speaking in public.

I hate giving presentations and the like, even though I've always prepared them well.

I also used to be scared of dogs, though it has become less recently.

Last edited:

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • I have an irrational fear of large, deep bodies of water, primarily the ocean. I just shut down in a panic when I even start to (vividly) think about it or have to play a game with it, though I'm fine if I can look away from the game or if I'm on a boat. Otherwise it pretty much fries my circuits.

I have no idea why it scares me, though. I was only ever at the shore of the ocean, and when I was two years old. So, I've never been in it or had bad experiences with it. I've never nearly drowned, and I learned to swim early and took to the water fast. I love pools, lakes, rivers, etc.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I used to be scared of clowns as a kid but no longer.I once had a dream that a army of toy clowns tried to take over the world XD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I fear death mainly. Not the process of dying, but the actual state of being dead. It's just always really freaked me out.

The other thing I'm scared of is being at a height with no or little means of support. Like when I was younger my parents used to visit all these old castle euins and you could sometimes take stairs up to where all the cannons would have been etc. If the barrier was below my waist level, I didn't feel safe at all ;-;

Back