• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phoenix Wright?

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Anyone here a Phoenix Wright fan~? I love the series but since it's kinda old it seems getting harder to find people into it anymore. I'm SO excited for Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright! That is going to be AMAZING!

Now just localize AAI2, Capcom....you know you want to. C'mon now. C'mon.

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Apollo Justice was my least favorite, but my least favorite in a still-amazing series. So it's still really good for video game standards. I liked Klavier better, Apollo didn't have nearly as much personality.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    I am.
    Prob my fav character is apollo.
    Apollo fans up in here~! *highfive*

Even though I have yet to play the games, AJ is my favorite, probably because the characters seem a lot more fun to me.

Also, if you're wanting to find more fans of the series, there's a fanforum of the series called Court-Records.net where a lot of the fans are (or at least a lot of them were there before I left on a really long current hiatus to focus on school).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I played the first one and only got to mission 4, but I still really enjoyed it. The only thing that bothered me the problem was with every "investigative game", and that was how you had to select the exact item to win, even if it was completely obvious how everything was connected. It also doesn't make sense how as a defense attorney I also have to prove someone else was guilty, but I guess that's just one of the game's many quirks.

ZeroHeart

Ace Attorney
    Years
  • I wondered if there were Phoenix Wright fans here. I'm an avid fan of the series and I really want to play AAI2. To that end, I joined up with Capcom-Unity to try and get Capcom to localize the game. Right now, myself and a few others over there are planning to create our own fan game to help promote Ace Attorney, but we need help. If anyone is still reading this thread, and has the skills needed for such a project, PM me so I can give you more detail on what's going on.

NatureKeeper

I ended up on Capcom Unity fighting for the release of AAI2. But as soon as I started, Sven already started his attempts, so it was *sunglasses* Edgeworthless.

Anyway, I played all the game in English, currently replaying Trials and Tribulations.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Completely love the first 3 games. I haven't played much of apollo yet. I am on the 2nd case but I don't find that he has the same sort of charcter as Phoenix so it isn't as interesting. Great series though.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Phoenix Wright fan, sweetie! My favorite character would have to be Maya Fey, she's just so adorable and likable, also she's just silly.

Has anybody used Phoenix Wright in UMVC3?

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • an ace attorney fan here too!
    i'm anticipating the professor layton vs. phoenix wright instalment as well, being a fan of both games.
    as for my favourite character in the ace attorney series, i'd have to say franziska von karma. that woman can whip me whenever she likes.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Phoenix Wright fan, sweetie! My favorite character would have to be Maya Fey, she's just so adorable and likable, also she's just silly.

HOLD IT!!

I happen to be a fan of Mr. Wright myself. As a matter of fact, I LOVE using him in UMVC3! Especially against the people who don't expect him to be able to combo by himself. Before they know it: OBJECTION!

And my favorite charcter? Uhmm...can't decide. XD

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • Another Ace Attorney fan here! I've played all the games with the exception of AAI2. It's unfortunate that Capcom aren't translating it, but as long as the fan translation project manages to translate the game I won't mind.

My favourite character would probably be Phoenix, simply because I like his personalilty the most out of the characters. Other notable mentions go to Kristoph, Maya, Apollo and Edgeworth. And Oldbag.

My favourite game is Trials and Tribulations. I really enjoyed the cases in that game, especially the last case. My least favourite is Justice For All. Personally, I thought the cases weren't as good as the first game and I got bored a lot whilst playing it. My favourite to least favourite list would be something like this: T&T > original game > AJ > AAI > JFA.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I didn't like Apollo, but I thought the gameplay/stories were absolutely beautiful in that game. It felt very "clean" as opposed to some of the older games that were dull and boring at times.

I didn't play the Miles Edgeworth game, so I haven't really been involved with the series much since T&T. I didn't know there was a Prof Layten vs PW game coming out! I'm definitely going to look into it since that's pretty interesting.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    I've never played, but I've watched walkthroughs of all three main ones because the storyline and character development is nothing short of phenomenal, and the music tended to heighten the emotion it wanted you to feel at the time. I'd play it, but I've spoiled it for myself. ;P

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Phoenix Wright fan, sweetie! My favorite character would have to be Maya Fey, she's just so adorable and likable, also she's just silly.

Yup, right here. Playing MVC3 before it was a little odd getting used to him but once i did :D Nothing is impossible for our little lawyer hehehehe.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Objection!
    Capcom have decided they won't localise AAI:2 because it would be a loss of money, possibly making them under budget for future budgets.
    People of the Courtroom records website, I believe are working on a translation? (don't take my word)
    But, yeah! Huge fan, I like all the character development, and how Capcom show to never judge a book by it's cover, with the characters.

That is all Judge. [/endobjectionmusic]

Back