• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Phone Calls

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I am playing gold version trying to catch Yanma but Arnie never calls me. Is there a certain time when people call you? It seems like people call after you get out of a trainer battle, but that could just be my imagination. I am just running around because I'm trying to hatch an egg, but no one is calling me at all. any suggestions?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • You are lucky because Arnie always calls me and I have had it >_<"

Anyways, it happens at random, such as people call you after a Pokemon Battle sometimes while other times you can be fishing and you get a call.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Thanks, i'll try the daylight savings thing, but i don't really have time for patients because i have 249 in my pokedex and yanma is the only one i'm missing lol.

I did the daylight savings thing and he called almost every time, thanks, that is a great trick, it only took me about a half an hour to get him to tell me there was all sorts of Yanma!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I had a Youngster call me...at 2 am. xD

But yeah...I usually get trainer phone calls every 30-45 minutes or so. They may be a bit annoying at times and somehow I regret getting that trainer's number. xD, but at least it's worthwhile.

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Hahaha, that's actually pretty handy, the Daylight Savings trick. I'll have to try it for the dudes that give items :p

This actually reminds me how much I miss the old PokeGear from gen 2 =/
    The phone numbers were sometimes pointless, but it was pretty cool and felt a little less.. lonely?

Guest123_x1

I always thought that trainers numbers stored on your phone called completely at random, with the timing determined by the game itself.
    It could also be determined by a variety of factors, such as your trainer name and ID that was set when you started the game file (much like the overleveled Pokémon that appear when you exploit the Cinnabar MissingNo/Item clone glitch in Red and Blue, with the Pokémon species and level determined by your identification in the save file.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate how the people that you wanted to call you would NEVER call you. I got to the point where I only registered people that called for swarms or items though. I AM SO UNWILLING TO LET GO OF THE PHONE.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • This just reminds me of one of my Challenges where I needed the Fisherman to give me a Water Stone. It was so frustrating when mum kept calling me instead, and even then the fisherman had to call like three times. I got it in the end though.

Back