• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phones

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
Years
  • I'm currently using a ZTE Sonata 4G as my main phone. It's alright, but in my opinion, compared to most phones nowadays, it feels miniscule (480x800 Resolution). Also to runs Android Jelly Bean :)

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i got my first phone back in 4th grade and i was ballin' it was one of those fly looking flip phones (not a razor) but still pretty fly. my next phone was honestly the coolest flip phone out there, i don't care what you say it is. it was the samsung alias 2 I believe and it flipped two ways and i loved it. I had it twice considering the first one broke along with my heart. now i have the lg lucid 3 aka some booty phone you've probably never heard of but it serves it's point.

Years
  • I'm on an iPhone 5S and totally okay with it.. most of the time. </3 There are certain things I wish these phones would include to make things a tad bit less inconvenient but otherwise it's all right. I mostly just use it to play games anyway which are mostly without issues. Calls aren't too frequent and last less than a minute since they're always about letting others know where I am/asking where others are.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I've got an iPhone 4S which I'm pretty satisfied with - exception could be the battery life I guess. It's a hand me down, but I'm not complaining since it does everything I want it to with internet, calling and text so I'm fine with it.

Years
  • I used a LG Banter for 5 years. It wasn't even cool enough to be a LG Rumor. :p It was actually an incredibly sturdy phone, and it still worked pretty well when I upgraded. Only issue was that it'd sometimes shut off if I closed it too hard. I miss the physical keyboard.

Now I'm on a LG G3. Picked it up online because it was free (+ upgrade fee, whatevs Verizon). This one also has the home button and volume controls on the back. No idea what's up with that. *shrugs* It was fun to give it to a friend and see him get boggled by it trying to find the button to turn it on.
    Besides that weird button placement, it seems to work pretty well. I haven't had it for a month yet, though, so it's a bad time to ask how I really feel about it. Having a smartphone and all the apps and stuff is still a novelty to me!

Also apparently I like LG phones.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    My first phone was an HTC desire X iirc. It died after a few months and the repairing was costly so my dad decided to get me a new phone. Now I have a Nokia Lumia 620. Got it in 2013 ...arnd May I guess not sure and I don't like it anymore. Mostly bcoz my lock button is broken and the button used to lowering the volume it also broken.
    I suck with electronic gadgets. I don't handle them carefully tbh. :c I have tried to handle them with care but no change....
    I want to change my phone. I want a gionee phone since my dad recently got one as a gift and its so sexy. :p

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I recently got a Google Nexus 6. I love it.

I've been a long time Apple user, and have been contemplating switching to a Nexus specifically since the Nexus 5 came out. I finally switched earlier this month, and while it took a while to get the hang of the phone, I really enjoy it and prefer it to iOS by what I can only describe as heaps and bounds.

I love the functionality, Material design, and the way Google incorporates itself into my life so seamlessly through absolute minimal effort of my own. It knows me better than any of my iPhones ever did, and Google Now always knows what I'm saying. Siri had a lot of trouble understanding what I was saying half the time, which was so frustrating.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    About one year ago, I got a Moto X. It was customized to be red and have orange buttons. I'm quite satisfied with it appearance-wise, although its functions have degraded slightly over time. But it still works well over than some slight lag on programs. It's also small and fits easily into my packs and pockets, as well as being easy to use for my hands. But in August, I'll be able to upgrade to a newer model. So I'm excited for that. But for now, this phone will do well. I hope though that the newer model still offers customization of colors and such though. Also, I'm contemplating a bigger phone because the small screen is a bit of a nuisance to look at.

Mostly, it's just used to browse the internet when I'm too lazy to get up from my bed, or as a music device in conjunction with some high quality bluetooth headphones. Its most important utility is a calorie counting app called MyFitnessPal, which has helped me lose 20 pounds. So I definitely am very happy with the convenience my phone can provide in my life.

Years
  • Earlier this month, I switched to a Sony Xperia z3v from an Alcatel OneTouch Fierce.

Initially, it felt too big, but I've gotten used to the size and I am very much enjoying the technical capabilities of the phone as well as the better coverage Verizon has compared to T-Mobile. It also helps that my work is paying for the phone plan instead of me. That extra inch or so of display area (at least, I think it's an extra inch) is very nice as well.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've currently got an iPhone, but after having one for several years now I'm definitely wanting to change. Because I'm on a fixed contract for two years, I can't really change my phone or contract until my current one has ended. Luckily my contract runs out this coming September which is perfect timing to be honest. I'm already planning on switching to Android as been recommended by many people, not only that but the HTC phones look stunning.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    i have got a simple samsung phone, lost my 10 yo old phone on holiday so needed a replacement. It is a samsung phone classic mobile phone that can text and call and got calendar and cal and some games. so I only use it for txt and calls. The battery life is 2.5 weeks.

Years
  • I got a low-end windows phone (Lumia 530) about a month ago to replace a broken LG marquee (that was still on Android Gingerbread for some reason - Boost, where you at?) It reminds me a lot of a regular old PDA, but with calling/texting capabilities. This is really nice in my opinion. Also the UI is a lot more fun to use than regular old icons on a grid.

I think the attracting factor for Lumia phones is supposed to be their picture quality, but this phone, being a low-end one, takes pretty unremarkable pictures. The Marquee was better in that regard and I miss it a bit for that, but this phone's nicer in every other aspect. :)

My very first phone had a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It was the best thing for texting and I wish more phones had those.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    i think blackberrys do those still. My first mobile was a siemens s10. lol.

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
  • I not only switched carriers today (MetroPCS) but "upgraded" to a new phone today too (Samsung Galaxy Avant) and I most say, it makes me previous phone look small in comparison :p

Fun Fact: The MetroPCS representative told me the phone was like a Mini S5 :p

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I have a Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD (yes, it's an obnoxious name) and it's been a fantastic phone. The battery life is amazing; when I got it, I could go days on a single charge, and even now that it's two years old it can easily last a day of really heavy usage. I've noticed it slowing down a bit as apps get more demanding, but it's still a solid phone and probably the best one I've ever had. Night and day over my last phone, a Droid Incredible 2.

I'm due for an upgrade in March and I'm looking at getting either a Droid Turbo or a Moto X 2nd gen. The Turbo seems like a logical step with the huge battery and such, and it's pretty much the most powerful smartphone Verizon has.

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
  • I have a Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD (yes, it's an obnoxious name) and it's been a fantastic phone. The battery life is amazing; when I got it, I could go days on a single charge, and even now that it's two years old it can easily last a day of really heavy usage. I've noticed it slowing down a bit as apps get more demanding, but it's still a solid phone and probably the best one I've ever had. Night and day over my last phone, a Droid Incredible 2.

I'm due for an upgrade in March and I'm looking at getting either a Droid Turbo or a Moto X 2nd gen. The Turbo seems like a logical step with the huge battery and such, and it's pretty much the most powerful smartphone Verizon has.
    Heh, I've heard more obnoxious names :p

Anyway, Update on my journey with the Galaxy Avant, It's been great so far, It's just strange for when i'm up in my Bedroom, my 4G LTE's kinda on the weak side whereas for when I'm in my Living Room, it's perfectly fine :p

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    As before, I have a Nokia 1100 but I keep losing it and only own it at all for emergency use so I generally don't say I have a phone.

Happy with it? I'd like it to be a bit bigger (and less rounded, always thought 1100s were ugly compared to older 'brick' phones) and have a volume setting I can actually find, but apart from that it's as functional as I should ever require. Well, actually, now I think about it, a phone that can play audio would be nice for the sake of saving my increasingly precious PSP-3000 from getting filled with dirt (which is inevitable because of my job). Does anyone know if any phones support lossless formats like FLAC?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I own a HTC desire 610 as I mainly use my phone to listen to music and researched that HTC usually have the best playback quality. It has the same general performance as the Moto G (same processer and ram, has a lower res screen and better cameras) and looks like a mix between a iPhone 5c and HTC One M8. The battery life on it is a few days which is better than my old android phones that lost it's battery life even if I didn't use if for anything.

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
    Years
  • What sort of cellphones do we all have? Are we satisfied with them? How long have we had them? If we are planning to buy another in future, what kind would it be?

Well i have an iPhone 6 :) I used to have a 4S and I decided to upgrade, I figured it would be a good time so my phone doesn't get too devaluated xD I love iPhone! I loved my 4S and I'm freaking loving my 6, it does everything I need and want without lag or having to worry about other things. I dont care about customization and all that, I dont have the time anyways. I've had my iPhone 6 for a month now, so yup it's brand new haha

Hmmm upgrade... I'll probably get the iPhone 7S or 8 when they come out, I'm not too snob so I can wait as long as my phone keeps on working well

Back