• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photo-editing software

Years
Of course, as we all know, there's a lot of photo editors out there to download and install to our computer, the most commonly-known one probably being Adobe Photoshop.

Do you use any photo-editing software? Which photo-editing software do you prefer to use? What are the reasons you use photo editors, whether it'd be to actually edit photos, work in graphic design, or even just draw a picture?

Years
I'm a Photoshop gal. :) I hardly use it for photo editing; mostly it's for graphics or retouching images I've drawn on other programs, be it with sharpening, patterns, or the like. But I've done photo edit work for school courses and that's pretty much all really, hah.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I prefer Photoshop. Been using it for about five years, and know everything about it in and out. I currently don't have it installed on my computer, though, as I have Ubuntu running. I know I could install it using Wine, but the application doesn't seem to work for me, unfortunately. :( Aside from PS, I've also tried GIMP. Didn't like it, because to me, it was very complicated.

Years
My high school had Photoshop CS4 installed on our school computers, so I've been using that for about 4 or 5 years now. I mainly use it for photo editing and some logo/banner creation, and other times I just like to fool around on it.

I've tried using both GIMP and Paint.NET before, but I always end up turning back to Photoshop, since I'm much more familiar with the program.

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
I used both desktop and mobile photoshop (desktop is better, obvs n.n). They work great for spriting, drawing, editing, etc (i use it for spriting mostly). The tutorials can teach you many things about the software, and you can basically do anything with it ;).
I tried gimp once,but it always crashes for me :(

Years
GIMP used to be my main photo editing software and I actually quite liked the experience; seemed easier to use at the time compared to Photoshop. Since my college offers the whole Adobe suite free, for students, I opted to start using Photoshop CS6 instead from now on. Has a much user interface and can probably find tutorials for PS easier than GIMP.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I have always used GIMP. I'm too lazy to find/purchase Photoshop, and I quite like the interface of GIMP. I mainly use it for simple graphic design stuff, so I don't need anything overly professional.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I use Photoshop, although I've never actually owned a legal copy of it. :x I use CS2 on my desktop and I believe this Mac has CS3.

Years
Photoshop CS6.
I have always used PS because it is the best one really. It is very flexible and you can do so much with it; Gimp is a great alternative though.​

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I use Photoshop CS6. Can't beat the best. Though, I used to use GIMP until I had the money to afford Photoshop.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
XnView; lightweight, great Windows shell integration. GIMP for a few things it can't do. Mostly for avatars.

Elements1

Meh
Years
I have a really really old version of Photoshop that I used to use quite a bit. Now I use GIMP or those free ones as I don't have enough money to buy the newer versions :(

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I use Photoshop CS6 and it works very well. When I'm running a Linux distro though, I am perfectly comfortable with GIMP. Both allow me lots of ability to edit images in ways that I might need them.

Years
I'm probably old for saying this, but I use Photoshop 7 (before CS was a thing). It does a lot of the basic things that even the modern suites of Photoshop can do, but I wish you didn't have to use ImageReady to make gifs. Because of that downside, I also use GIMP on rare occasions to make gif images as well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have Photoshop CS4 installed. Been having it for years and I am loving it! I'll be upgrading to CC very soon, it's a wonderful version and I tried it twice. I recommend you all download the trial version if you haven't done so.

Then there's Pixlr.com. It's like an online Photoshop with all the basic tools just like a regular Photoshop software. It's free, and you can use it anywhere with an internet connection. I use it when I'm at the library working on a graphic, and I find it extreeeemely useful.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 8, 2023
When i still had a "use-able" computer i had gimp 2.6 on it and thats where I started with digital editing and all that shtuff,my sis did introduce me to photoshop but its much more complicated in my perspective than gimp,I think gimp is more user friendly :) in my point of view ^_^

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I use Photoshop when i need to edit stuff. Im a real noob at it though, so i just do basic things like banners or minor editing

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I kinda have 2 photo editors. I used mostly is photoshop for re-sizing gifs without destroying their animated attributes, re-sizing, drawing or much stuff. I rarely use photo scape just to make my siggy look fit into one.. :3

Back