• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photobucket

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Anger

Banned
    Years
    Is free image hosting stealing? I used A pic for my banner:
    Photobucket

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    No, free image linking isn't stealing.
    If you want to give the site credit, you don't have to direct link so that when you click it, it will refer to the place you got it from.
    That image is too big to be in your signature though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Uhh, every photobucket account has a set bandwidth limit, and though it's quite large for just one person to use, if everyone uses the same image it'll go pretty quickly.

I wouldn't call it stealing, but it's just not courteous. And besides, registering a photobucket account takes just a few moments, and you can directly upload images from other URL's, allowing you to store images on your own account. IT'S GUILT FREE TOO!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I don't think so, if you don't want people to steal your pictures make your account private. Otherwise it's like you want people to see/use them, so I don't consider it stealing.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    I don't think that putting images into your PB account is stealing, it's the maker's fault if they put their images out there like that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    It's not stealing, it's the image creators fault if they broadcast their images like that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2007
    It's not stealing, it's the image creators fault if they broadcast their images like that.

But what if the original creator did write that they did not wish for their image to be used without their permisson or credit. But one person takes it without, and another person takes it off that person, because they think it's OK as that person has it? Then repeat this u.u It's a shame this happens, but if you don't know that the image has such restrictions, there is nothing you can do, I think it's okies as long as you know your not going any rules that you're aware of. It's so hard to trace owners, it's such a shame to not be able to check. I only use pics that I'm allowed to use. I wouldn't want to upset anyone. u.u

~:t037: ~

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    The only people that can get in trouble are the ones with the album.

Even so, most would prefer that if you are going to steal, it's hosted by you rather than their site.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    IMO it's only stealing if you take the image and claim that you drew it. If the original artist wanted to keep it to (his/her)self then they should have never published it. It's ok to use images posted on the internet IMO but it's also polite to give credit to the original artist or the site you snagged it from. If I dont know who drew the image I'll ask around. If I cant find out that way I'll just say
    "I found this pic on the internet. Not by me. Credit to the original artist(Whoever that may be) Speak up and I'll put your name here."
    That or I wont use the image. Usually the latter.

If the original image creator doesnt say "Do not use without my express permission" then it's free for all to use IMO. If they did say that then go ahead and ask. 9/10 times they'll be proud that you want to feature their work somehow and not hesitate to give permission.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back