• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photoshop help

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Hi I have been having trouble finding a site that sells photoshop 7.0 in australia/new zealand and can't find it anywhere.

Would it work in new zealand if I bought it from usa?

Anyone know of a good site that would ship it here and not over priced? (just send me message if can't post it) Would be great if it is a australia/new zealand site but I have been looking for over a week and can't find one and wanted it for three years, my aunty was going to buy it for my birthday but it is way past and I did not get anything yet. :(
    And my aunty wont buy from a site with paypal and we do not have broadband so I can't do a straight download one it would disconnect to big.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    considering version 7.0 was four versions ago, Id say the only place you could find that would be on Ebay or similar site. as for region specifics, It shouldn't matter where you buy it as long as the serial number with it works.
    I would say try to find some site in NZ that would sell you the CS or CS2 version, as those are cheaper due to being older versions, but still more available than 7.0

Last edited:

Droknor

Seasoned Trainer
    Years
    Photoshop 7.0 huh? Why not just go for CS3 or CS4? Adobe has products for different country's, not sure about Australia/New Zealand. You could buy one for USA or something. I shouldn't matter what region it's from. Anyway, you should be able to buy Photoshop straight from the Adobe site.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Photoshop 7 isn't even supported or sold by Adobe though. Do you really need Photoshop? It's incredibly expensive. Try using GIMP (free) or Photoshop Elements.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Thanks for the help; I found CS4 was around 700, is it as good as photoshop 7.0? I remember reading somewhere it was not as good but they might be wrong?

Does anyone know if market n discount com is a safe site? They got photoshop 7.0 for cheap and my uncle said he would get it and download it for me as he got broadband.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    Thanks for the help; I found CS4 was around 700, is it as good as photoshop 7.0? I remember reading somewhere it was not as good but they might be wrong?

Does anyone know if market n discount com is a safe site? They got photoshop 7.0 for cheap and my uncle said he would get it and download it for me as he got broadband.
    I've used both, CS4 is far superior to 7.0. CS4 is extremely expensive, though, so if I were you, I would go for CS or CS2.

Years
    Having used every version of Photoshop from 6.0 to CS3 (I haven't gotten a chance to try CS4 yet, though I'd imagine it's fairly similar to CS3), I can assure you that anything you've read stating that 7.0 is better than any version that came after it is a lie.

From what I've seen, all of the features from previous versions remain intact while new ones are added as you progress through the versions. The reason some people still prefer 7.0 is because it's the most recent version to use the old layout for it's options and tools. Since you're new to Photoshop though, there's nothing about 7.0 that would be better than a new version for you except maybe the price.

Price-wise, every new version is around $650-700 USD which is definitely expensive and that is the only reason I can think of for getting an older version. However, you need to ask yourself if you really need all of the features that the full version of Photoshop offers. I have also used Photoshop Elements and it contains most of the features of the full Photoshop minus some of the more advanced stuff (like batch processing). If you don't need the extra power full Photoshop has, Elements is a good alternative and will only run you $100 USD.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Photoshop 7 is annoying to use, especially after using CS2/3/4/whatever. Unless you're really serious about graphics, I suggest you go ahead and just get the most recent version of Elements. I guarantee it's better than Photoshop 7, and much easier to find. Also, you could look into Gimp.

Back