• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photoshop Q & A

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Well, there are some good ones here at DeviantART.

Personally, I'd not recommend using D&B for shading, 'cause it can create a flat-ish appearance when executed incorrectly, however, this isn't the place for my opinion. xD

Anyway, I hope that link points you in the right direction!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Have you got the image in a separate Layer?
    If so you click on that layer and go to: Edit >Transform > Scale.
    Then you can stretch the corners and resize it. When you are done press 'Enter'.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I don't know if there's an actual official way to do it, or I've never tried, but I usually just select all so it comes up with the select dash border and then screen shot it.

Kai.; You can also resize images by using the transform tool. Just press ctrl + T, then hold shift down while you resize it so it'll scale it down evenly.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Glad to be of help to someone. \o/
    I have a question too, How do I add a dashed border?

Well, there's no actualy way (as far as I know) to make a dashed border, but I came up with a slightly crude method.

(This method works best on rectangular shapes.)

First, make sure the object you want bordered is on it's own layer. If it's the entire image, expand the canvas size by a few pixels to make some room.

Then, make a new separate image 10x10 px, and make a 2-by-2 checkerboard pattern on it (using whichever colors you choose), and then go to Edit > Define Pattern. Now you've made a checker pattern.

Now go back to the image you want bordered, right-click on its layer, and go to Blending Options. From there, click on the word Stroke, and this will check the box next to it and bring up its control panel. Find the drag box that says Fill Type and change it to Pattern, and then change the pattern to the checker pattern you just made. Now you'll see a checkerboard pattern around your image. Now if it's a good rectangle, it'll look like a great dashed border; if not, results may vary. ^^;

EDIT - Example Result:
    Photoshop Q & A

...and of course you can change the thickness of the border and the size of the checker pattern in the Blending Options|Stroke menu.

Hopefully this wasn't too long and hopefully it worked! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to tell me! ^_^

Last edited:

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    I have a question i keep making sig's but every time i upload them on here this forum only it keeps coming out blurry for some reason like the sig in the signature right now it look sooo much better in photoshop i uploaded it on photobucket and still good
    *I Think* and when i arrives here *BaM* blurry can someone help me solve this problem ?

Edit:Okay i figured out where the problem begins it when i turn the PSD copy into a JEPG Copy
    but from there im hopeless can anyone help Please?

Edit:sorry okay i figured out what was wrong with my sig but the Avatar is still blurry again can someone help me ?

Edit:Okay sorry last time i fix my Avatar,Sig everything is okay now i solved my own problem ; )

Last edited:
    Back