• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

physical sweeper Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
    Years
    ok im hunting for the 'best' IYHO (in your humble opinion) physical sweeper and what moveset you would recommend.

so far i have thought of machop (cant trade yet to evolve) or T-Tar (but dont like the sandstorm thing very much).

i only have access to FrLg pokemon atm so please just the FrLg pokemon not Ruby and Saphire.

thanks in advance guys and im sorry for asking but im stumped for who to get and what moveset to use.

thanks in advance all

Jaws....

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    im not very good with move sets and stuff like that.but ive heard that onix and steelix are good because of their defence.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    It is his ability Sandstream, that kicks up a Standstorm.

T-tar@Leichi Berry
    Adamant
    EVs Attack, and Defence
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Brick Break/Toxic

This should work either attack straight forward, or D-Dance once or twice then attack, the last thing you could do is D-dance up then if they attacked enough Leichi should kick in and then you can sweep (the last stratigy can do massave damage or kill a lot of things if you can keep it alive). Hope this helps. :D

Last edited:

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Deaths Jaws said:
    ok im hunting for the 'best' IYHO (in your humble opinion) physical sweeper and what moveset you would recommend.

so far i have thought of machop (cant trade yet to evolve) or T-Tar (but dont like the sandstorm thing very much).

i only have access to FrLg pokemon atm so please just the FrLg pokemon not Ruby and Saphire.

thanks in advance guys and im sorry for asking but im stumped for who to get and what moveset to use.

thanks in advance all

Jaws....

Hitmonlee (M) @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Limber
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Reversal
    - Substitute

It's a shame it can't learn Swords Dance. It works especially well when switching to something that's going to Thunderwave you, or if you're facing a tank that only has one weak Special-type damaging-move.

When at all possible, keep the sub that gets you to 1 HP. That way, you can take out any Quick Attackers that come by. This EV set-up works if you have 31 IVs in HP. It would have to be modified for various other IV values of HP.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    I really don't like the idea of HP on it, I would put a strong fighting move like Focus Punch because you have Sub on it.

Also, you can't really get a certian type of HP in the game without some trouble, and he did say he was playing in game not Netbattle! :D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    HP Ghost is very important for reversal/flail users (or any ghost attacks like Shadow ball) as it can hit all types. Gengar and Dusclops can seriously mess you over if you don't have it. If you're playing ingame, then some Pokemon are automatically not usable anymore because they rely on HP so much. Luckily, Hitmonlee still got earthquake/rock slide to help out slightly...

Sandstream is an AWESOME ability. Dooms anything that relies on substitute or reversal, and puts a HUGE cut in all leftover abusers. It is quite an ideal ability to have for an all-out fast sweeping team. You aren't losing much besides the fact that you can't abuse berries either.

If we're talking about FRLG Pokemon, then obviously, one of the best is Dugtrio. Arena trap makes it one of the worst opponent you ever have to fight with, and a well used Dugtrio can doom at least 2 Pokemon on every single team in play.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Well remember Dugtrio is good but T-tar and Dragonite are some of the best because of their pure strength.

So what do you think of my moveset Frosty, would that work, it was kind of a spur of the moment set but it might still work.

Years
    happy dude said:
    im not very good with move sets and stuff like that.but ive heard that onix and steelix are good because of their defence.
    Pokemon with high defense are called tanks, not Phys Sweepers...

Years
    dont forget gyarados. watch out for eltric atacks tho...
    give gyrados ddance, erathquake, hp psyical, psyical move *forgot wut it learns, but imp thing is 2 know gyardos is great for sweeping.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    kirby00 said:
    dont forget gyarados. watch out for eltric atacks tho...
    give gyrados ddance, erathquake, hp psyical, psyical move *forgot wut it learns, but imp thing is 2 know gyardos is great for sweeping.

Can't you read, he said he is plfaying FR/LG which would make it too hard to get a certian type of HP.

Also take typing lessons or just learn how to spell! :\

Years
    thats opnly if its a specific hp. but theres at least a 50% chance the hp will be psyical, so its not that hard neways. or just go earthquake, dance, return or body slam if easier, endure/thunderwave (twave, and body slam are through fr/lg/em move tutors, and return is thorugh hm)
    possibly have the +speed/attack berry which is why i chose endure (dont know if u can grow berries in fr/lg)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Riight... 50% physical approximately, but what good does it do if it's HP Ground? Or you may get HP Flying!!!!!

at power 31...?

HP is really useless in the real game without a cheating device to manipulate it. This makes Gyarados out of the question within this setting. Dragonite isn't that good at physical sweeping, but rather at mix sweeping. I personally like it the most WITHOUT dragon dance actually... I like to abuse the fact that it's the only flying dragon that can survive non-STAB Ice beam... surprise MANY relatively weaker water types (sp.atk 300 or below), or any HP Ice user.

Dugtrio on the other hand needs no HP, as all it needs is physical TMs with choice band.

Dugtrio- [speed + / sp.atk -] @ choice band
    EV: speed and attack
    -earthquake
    -sludgebomb
    -aerial ace
    -rock slide

If HP can be used, take out aerial ace for HP Fighting. But Aerial ace isn't all that bad either.

As for T-tar... Dragon dancing without speed is useless... sorry Mullet. Also, dragon dancer is meant to sweep asap, not to stall with toxic...

Tyranitar- [atk or speed + / sp.atk -] @ leftovers/salac berry
    EV: atk, def (optional), speed max
    -dragon dance
    -rock slide
    -earthquake
    -taunt/brick break

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    Riight... 50% physical approximately, but what good does it do if it's HP Ground? Or you may get HP Flying!!!!!

at power 31...?

HP is really useless in the real game without a cheating device to manipulate it. This makes Gyarados out of the question within this setting. Dragonite isn't that good at physical sweeping, but rather at mix sweeping. I personally like it the most WITHOUT dragon dance actually... I like to abuse the fact that it's the only flying dragon that can survive non-STAB Ice beam... surprise MANY relatively weaker water types (sp.atk 300 or below), or any HP Ice user.

Dugtrio on the other hand needs no HP, as all it needs is physical TMs with choice band.

Dugtrio- [speed + / sp.atk -] @ choice band
    EV: speed and attack
    -earthquake
    -sludgebomb
    -aerial ace
    -rock slide

If HP can be used, take out aerial ace for HP Fighting. But Aerial ace isn't all that bad either.

As for T-tar... Dragon dancing without speed is useless... sorry Mullet. Also, dragon dancer is meant to sweep asap, not to stall with toxic...

Tyranitar- [atk or speed + / sp.atk -] @ leftovers/salac berry
    EV: atk, def (optional), speed max
    -dragon dance
    -rock slide
    -earthquake
    -taunt/brick break

I never said he had to use Toxic I just couldn't think of something else, that's way Brick Break is there. I was thinking about putting it into speed, but if you don't want to then insted of D-Dance you could have Swords Dance. :D

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    Fighting isn't really all that useful on Duggy, since with SE, 140 dmg < 150 from Quake, or for fighting on 4xSE, Quake is usually SE against them (Aggron, eg.), so HP FIght isn't all that needed.

Years
    its for ice types, and any normal/dark pokemon (esp darK) that may have grass/water/ice attacks. (blissey is a good example or clefable, if they arent tanks) ya hp fighting and eq have alot of the same type strengths in common: rock, steel, etc. but remeber the 1s they dont have in common as that is the key.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    Ice types take 150 dmg from Earthquake as opposed to 140 from HP Fighting, same for Fighters. So why would you use HP Fighting?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back