• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pick The Date

Which week in July should we run the Get-Together?

• July 6–July 12

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • July 13–July 19

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • July 20–July 26

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • July 27–August 2

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • None of these options suit me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    My preferable weekend would be early in July, over the 4th - 6th. The 11th - 13 could also work too. But that's just me obv. :)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I might consider being apart of this so... anytime can work for me. :D I don't have anything planned for July as far as I know, and the same goes for August, just as long as it's not closer to the end of the month of it. (That's when I go to my anime convention. I'll be gone all day for four days in august/september and will only be able to come on during my breaks, which isn't very long or during the night.)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Can I be a pain and ask for a week/two weekends? Seems a lot of people will be excluded of they are on holiday :( since it's summer holidays for most around then.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I would suggest GT being held over a full week tbh just due to everyone being on holiday and that. Events could be spaced out accordingly ofc and I think that would allow for more events and more people getting involved.

As for dates, I prefer anytime in July and early August except July 15 - 21.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Late July and early August should work the best for everyone. Early July, everyone is celebrating or just finishing celebrating Independence Day in the United States and late August a lot of people start school. I imagine the following could work pretty well:
    • July 25 - 27th
    • August 1 - 3rd
    • August 9 - 11th

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Any day after July 6th but not after August 10th pretty much works for most of us? I'm free for the most part during then.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I would suggest GT being held over a full week tbh just due to everyone being on holiday and that. Events could be spaced out accordingly ofc and I think that would allow for more events and more people getting involved.

As for dates, I prefer anytime in July and early August except July 15 - 21.
    I second the idea of a week long GT, it's way too short and super chaotic with only 3 days. Plus the longer events always wind up getting extensions anyway. I mean it is the summer when most people are gonna be out of school, and anyone working most likely doesn't have a weekends off schedule anyway.

I personally have no preference for the actual date.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I kinda prefer first or second week of July coz by then my uni has started and not too much work is really needed by then.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Any time in August would work perfectly. If not, then the first two weekends of July would also work well for me. I think August is generally less busy for people and from the looks of this thread, the first half of August seems to work well for most.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Most people (so far!) seem to be vying for the first week in July and if we include a weekend as the kickoff date, that would be July 4th - 11th or the first week in August, which would be August 1th - 8th.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Some people might not be able to participate due to having summer jobs, but we shouldn't worry about them; those are probably only the minorities, since most take breaks during summer to enjoy themselves and not vice-versa. Personally, I'd be fine with any date before September. =)

July 4th - 11th
    July 25 - 27th
    August 1 - 3rd
    August 1th - 8th
    August 9 - 11th

If I have to choose one, then from all those dates that people had suggested, I'd probably go with August 1th - 8th. Would be available pretty much all the time during months of August and July, but that week, though, I'd have absolutely nothing to do at all. I'm sure, haha.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I think any week from July to early August works best for everyone. I've consolidated the list of weeks included:

Jun 29 - Jul 5
    Jul 6 - Jul 12
    Jul 13 - Jul 19
    Jul 20 - Jul 26
    Jul 27 - Aug 2
    Aug 3 - Aug 9
    Aug 10 - Aug 16

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm good for these three weeks:
    Jul 6 - Jul 12
    Jul 27 - Aug 2
    Aug 3 - Aug 9
    And I mean I could also do Jul 20 - Jul 26 but I'd rather not.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Late July and early August should work the best for everyone. Early July, everyone is celebrating or just finishing celebrating Independence Day in the United States and late August a lot of people start school. I imagine the following could work pretty well:
    • July 25 - 27th
    • August 1 - 3rd
    • August 9 - 11th

One of these dates would be perfect for me as well since I'll be gone most of July.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'll go ahead and sort all suggested dates by popularity (with top being the most-preferred), so that we'd have an easier time deciding. n_n"

1. Jul 27 - Aug 2
    2. Jul 6 - Jul 12
    3. Jul 4 - Jul 11
    4. Aug 1 - Aug 8
    5. Jun 29 - Jul 5
    6. Jul 13 - Jul 19
    7. Jul 20 - Jul 26
    8. Aug 3 - Aug 9
    9. Aug 10 - Aug 16
    Hope I didn't do anything wrong. If I did, let me know!

Back