• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pick up A Hack

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
    Years
    Pick Up A hack​

Do you have a hack you have started but can no longer continue?
    If so, post it here and hand over ownership to someone who is willing to finish it off.

You can also post an Idea for a hack you've had but never gone ahead with.

If you are posting your hack for someone else to complete, DO NOT link to the ROM, but an IPS patch instead. You must provide all the resources used on your hack and to make life easier for the people who are taking it off your hands. All credits for resources MUST be retained, and whoever completes the hack must mention the name of the original creator. The original creator can still have some say in which route the hack takes after he/she hands over ownership to someone else, as long as (s)he states so before handing over ownership.

Good Luck Everyone :D

Current Hacks Available to Pickup -

Pokemon Kinjoh
    By xmouvelianx

You can change the name, tiles and scripts, but not the storyline.
    Remember to retain all credits and add them for xmouvelianx

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I don't see this becoming a hit. Manly because people like making there own hacks not other people's failed hacks. The only way I can see this becoming big is if zel came here and posted shinny gold XD

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    So basically it's just a post-idea-if-you-want-someone-else-to-make-a-hack-out-of-it thread?
    So hackers who don't have a good storyline come here and take one?
    I see the point, I hope this thread stays here for some time.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    I see this as a good idea, but the biases some people have can corrupt another's hack or ideas for a hack. You also have never said anything about crediting, who gets the credit for the hack if it's completed?

The Blueprint

Years
    Oh, I'll update the post to include credits.

As for hacks becoming biased/corrupt, that could be prevented by letting the person who originally created it still having some say in what goes ahead and such.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yeah, can't see this thread as a good idea, sorry. That's what private messages are for, buddy. If someone decided to quit a hack, and someone else wanted to finish it, why can't that person just PM the owner asking for ownership to the hack?

The Blueprint

Years
    The idea is that people post a hack that they haven't finished so they can find someone to take over in case they don't have anyone they know will take over.
    Let's just see how it ends up.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    It's not just that, it's where people can post an idea for a hack they don't plan on making themselves.
    so this is the scapbox for people who A) can't hack or B) don't have creativity.

I don't think you are going to gain much popularity but I hope for the best with this Idea.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    The idea is that people post a hack that they haven't finished so they can find someone to take over in case they don't have anyone they know will take over.
    Let's just see how it ends up.
    I understand what the idea of this thread is. I'm just saying there's no point to it, whatsoever.
    You can send anyone a private message. That's why if a hack has been halted, someone else that you might or might not know can PM you asking about it.
    I already said that, Seth.
    so this is the scapbox for people who A) can't hack or B) don't have creativity.

I don't think you are going to gain much popularity but I hope for the best with this Idea.
    What are you talking about? This isn't the scrapbox. And who said he was trying to gain popularity by doing this? You seriously need to improve on your grammar. Every time I see you post, I have no clue what you're saying.

The Blueprint

Years
    Like I said, maybe this is destined to fail, or maybe it has potential, but either way, they only way to find out is by giving it a go.

Freya

Squee!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 25, 2016
    In my own opinion, I think this does have some potential. Some peope may be stellar at hacking, but they can't come up with a decent story to save their lives, and they don't want to work in a team. It makes me sad when a good hack or a good idea is just abandoned.

The Blueprint

Years
    I personally think it's a good Idea. I know that if I started a hack and put alot of effort into it, I wouldn't want it all to go to waste. I'd love someone to pick-up where I left off.

We're just waiting for the first hack to be posted here now :D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    So, this was the thread you're talking about eh?
    I don't think it'll fall, and I also don't think it has potential. Either way, at least you gave it a try.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
    I'll be the first to post my unwanted hack.
    Pokemon Kinjoh : https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194447
    Rules to anyone who wishes to take over.
    You are allowed to change the tiles [i know the interior tiles is bad].
    Don't change the storyline since it's a developed one already.
    You are allowed to change the name of the hack too.
    Credit me.
    You are allowed to edit the scripts in the ALPHAs.
    Lastly, good luck on it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hey xmouvelianx, I'd take your hack. Its a good one you know, but Black Orb is better.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
    Anything, just remember to credit pogeygothaxed for the fakemons. i forgot to put it in the post.
    If there's anyone else, please post in this thread by tomorrow.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Seriously, this idea is pointless. I wish it did have potential but it doesn't all I see this as is an excuse to get other people to hack for you or to get a storyline. It betrays the whole idea of rom hacking. If you can't think of a storyline, do a remake or get some inspiration for one. If you can't hack, learn to.

Unfortunately people don't do this so this thread is pointless as it will only make it worse. :(

Back