• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Picking an EX box

SFPT

Memester
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I usually buy singles and booster boxes, and I never knew that such a thing called an EX box existed! And, they're relatively cheap compared to $90 booster boxes. Does anyone know of a good one to buy? Some that caught my eye include the Charizard-EX box and the Rayquaza-EX box, but I haven't looked into them too much and didn't know the worths or the playability of any of the EX cards in particular.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Keeping in mind that they have 309 (that could be wrong) less cards than a Box, and that a new set is coming out 1st November, I'd say do what you like.

The EXes in those boxes mostly aren't top-tier, but we also don't really know what that even means right now. If the Rayquaaaza one is the Colorless one, that seems viable. Otherwise, grab the Mewtwo/Mew one that is coming soon (it also might be out now).

Years
    As ddrox13 says, those EX-boxes contain way fewer cards than the booster boxes do, and the booster boxes are far and away a better deal per card.

It's really up to you on what you want to spend your money on, though, as those EX boxes are probably going to be the only places you can get a couple TCG-specific items (like a promo card, a jumbo card, or a figurine) for at least half a year.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    As ddrox13 says, those EX-boxes contain way fewer cards than the booster boxes do, and the booster boxes are far and away a better deal per card.

It's really up to you on what you want to spend your money on, though, as those EX boxes are probably going to be the only places you can get a couple TCG-specific items (like a promo card, a jumbo card, or a figurine) for at least half a year.

And Generations packs, at least in the charizard box.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    try the new rayqza n keldeo box. its a good bargain.
    (accepting the codes :p)

I can't rate the battle arena decks enough, full of both expanded and standard staples

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    I can't rate the battle arena decks enough, full of both expanded and standard staples

I recently got into the game and I found the Kaldeo and Rayquaza battle arena decks to be a lot better than the theme decks. They also came with 2 EX cards in each deck! :)

Do any of you know if the upcoming 3 legendary bird battle decks will be similar to the "level" of previous battle arena decks?

Back