• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Picks of the season!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Is that time again with the current season ending and new season approaching with new anime close to release in the next week or two.

Anything in particular you have plans to watch or give a try due to interesting artwork, description or by studio?

Durarara!!x2 Ten
    Aoharu x Kikanjuu
    Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
    God Eater
    Overlord
    Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace

Charlotte from P.A Works, Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace and Rokka no Yuusha is a maybe for now, but I'll see after the first episode or not.

Years
    It's that time again I guess.

Likely
    Non Non Biyori Repeat
    Working!!!
    Unsure
    Classroom Crisis
    Gakkou Gurashi!
    God Eater

I never really plan these things. They just sort of happen, I ended up with about 8 shows this season somehow even though I only was interested in two or three of them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Chaos Dragon Sekiryu Senki
    Classroom Crisis
    Dragon Ball Super
    God Eater
    Overlord
    Rokka no Yuusha
    Wakako-zake

Keeeping my list small this season so I actually have room to watch everything. I'm probably going to end up dropping at least one show along the way.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I planned on watching only 2-3 series. But I've ended up adding quite a few shows to my PtW list. Like always, haha.

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (Liked Danmachi. Seems like it'll be similar so I'll jump aboard)
    Monster Musume (uhhhh)
    Rokka no Yuusha (idk why)
    Ushio to Tora (name sounds good)
    Prison School (synopsis got me. so did the cover pic)
    Gangsta. (the name itself was enough)
    Durarara!!x2 Ten (continuation)
    Charlotte (P.A. Works. I'm a fan)
    God Eater (the animation and art style are fantastic. sasuga ufotable. looking forward to the eyegasms)

That makes it nine. Which is much higher than my initial 2 or 3 haha. And I'm sure I'll drop 2-3 of these and pick up 2-3 others. But yeah, this is it, more or less.

Years
    Uh, let's see...

90% likely:
    Teekyu S5 (continuation of S4 from this season)
    Durarara!! x2 Ten (continuation)
    Shokugeki no Souma/Food Wars (continuation)
    Dragon Ball Super (Hopefully I get properly caught up in time, though I doubt I will - I'm only 43 episodes into my straight-through watch of Dragon Ball)
    Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu (continuation)
    Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi!+ (Yuru Yuri's first two seasons were a lot of fun, just gotta find a source)

50% likely:
    A World Where Dirty Jokes Don't Exist (gonna at least give it a look; concept seems contrived and like it'll just be a naught rom com, but it might be fun)
    Gangsta. (looks like it might be Black Lagoon levels of fun
    Non Non Biyori Repeat (gotta watch the first yet)
    Working!!! (gotta watch the first two seasons)
    Ninja Slayer From Animation (would have to find time to get caught up)
    Ore Monogatari!! (would have to find time to get caught up)

30% likely:
    Danchigai (seems like fun; just not sure who'd be picking it up among the streaming services)

And maybe a few others if they seem to be getting good reviews but still lack the AOTS hype.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    We'll see, I already reported you to Tapioca.

Oh well, then she will need to report herself, because she will be joining me for sure xD

For anyone not sure where to see the chart you can go here.

I just remembered Working's third season will be airing this Summer! We need MOAR SOME WAN WAN.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Watching:

Charlotte - P.A Works and Key again! Jun Maeda said he's learned a lot from their last collaboration from Angel Beats, so that will be interesting to see.

Durarararararararara!!x2 Ten - Ayyy.

Dragon Ball Super - I'm probably going to watch this like every three weeks.

Fate/Kaleid Zwei Herz - Loli. Yuri. Etc. But the end of Zwei is going to be pretty cool.

Gakkou Gurashi - Following the manga. Already know what I'm getting into.

God Eater - Played GE:B, so I'm already acquainted with all the characters and plot. Only enigma is the new protagonist.

Non Non Biyori Repeat
    - :D

Cinderella Girls Season 2
    - I honestly thought that the first cour was enough.

Tentative:

Bikini Warriors - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joukamachi no Dandelion - I like Ayumu Kasuga's art. I have no faith in the animation quality though, because IMS.

Generic Harem with Kirito - Iunno. Might as well give it at least once episode.

Classroom Crisis - Intriguing?

Chaos Dragon - To be perfectly honest. I'd rather watch all the actual role-playing sessions than watch an animated version of the stories. I can just imagine the chaos that would ensue when Narita keeps introducing new characters to the story while Urobutcher gives them all painful deaths and Nasu trying to convey his character's profound beliefs. Not too sure what the other authors are more known for (I know one of them wrote Fragile Dreams, which was cool), but I'd like to imagine them regretting coming to the sessions.

Gangsta - Looks cool.

Will not be following, but eagerly reading all the reactions of other viewers:

Monster Musume - I'd already read a good portion of the manga. I've stopped following it, since the whole gimmick of cute monster girls wore off pretty quickly.

Spring Leftovers:

Arslan Senki

Ore Monogatari

Shokugeki no Soma

YEEEEEART

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Will I get banned for saying the pick of this season is Junjou Romantica 3?
    Yep, because it's Deen.
    And it's not like we don't know that AOTS is Kangoku Gakuen.

Not much this season but it's a strong lineup.
    Aoharu
    Charlotte
    Classroom Crisis
    Ilya
    Gakkou Gurashi
    God Eater #basedUfotable
    Jitsu wa Watashi wa
    Joukamichi no Dandelion
    KANGOKU GAKUEN Best anime, AOTS no doubts. Freaking best anime of this season.
    Madoushi (I wasn't even looking... it was so obvious MC would be Matsuoka)
    Monster Musume
    NNB Re:
    Overlord
    SYMPHOGEAR KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Shimoneta
    Sore ga Seiyuu
    TLR: Darkness
    Ushio no Tora

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Overlord, Charlotte and Rokka no Yuusha for now.

I'll probably pick more up later.....

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Charlotte
    Non Non Biyori Repeat
    Wakaba*Girl
    Danchigai
    Million Doll
    Sore ga Seiyuu!
    Suzakinishi the Animation
    The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season

Yeah, the vast majority of these series are cute girls doing cute things, but that's how I roll.

Years
    After a week, this is what I've watched an episode of;

Classroom Crisis - Kind of average but looked nice.
    Charlotte - Engaging and enjoyable.
    Himouto! Umaru-chan - Hit or miss comedy with more misses than hits.
    Working!!! - Same as season one and two; funny and entertaining. Very little downtime between good moments.
    Gakkou Gurashi! - Impressive reveal, looks very promising.

I'll probably watch Non Non Biyori Repeat with my friend.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Dropping GATE. Underwhelming first episode and there are simply far too many shows out right now that catch my attention better. Might try Prison School later today but I think I will drop that one too. These, for now, are the ones I follow:

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
    Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace
    (2nd ep was a huge WTF episode. Might drop it next ep if the mysteries aren't good)
    Gangsta.
    Rokka no Yuusha
    Aoharu x Kikanjuu
    Ushio to Tora
    (dat 90s charm)
    Okusama ga Seitokaichou
    Monster Musume
    Overlord

Shimoneta (AOTS contender #1)
    Charlotte (AOTS contender #2)

Will pick these once in the future:
    God Eater
    DRRR!!x2 Ten

Edit: Okay, Prison School is amusing. Picked up. :p

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Definitely Watching
    Ushio to Tora
    Teekyu 5
    Dragon Ball Super
    Gatchaman Crowds Insight
    Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist
    Himouto! Umaru-chan!

Pending
    Danchigai - No idea what to make of this show yet so I'll give it some time.
    Monster Musume - Already talked about this one in the DCC. It's a wacky ecchi about monster girls, and so far it's...eh. But it's also only been one episode and there are only three characters, so I'll reserve my judgment.
    My Wife is the Student Council President
    GATE - The execution's interesting but the setup does give me certain bad vibes that I'm going to have to keep watching to work off.
    God Eater - The game's story and characters aren't the best, so I worry about it here and am not really expecting to much, but we'll see.
    Overlord - Have yet to watch.

Holding Off
    Durarara x2 Ten - Watched the first season dubbed, waited for the second season's dub for the sake of consistency, and this'll be the same.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Hmm. From what I've seen so far I'll probably stick to what I've already started and wait for the rest to end so I can just watch straight through them on a day off. So for now it's just

Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki
    Durarara!!x2 Ten
    Gangsta
    Monster Musume
    Overlord

Years
    Okay, so I've got a few categories of season picks:

Have seen, will keep watching because I like it or a studio associated with it:
    Charlotte - KEY
    Durarara!!x2 Ten - DRRR!!
    Gangsta. - I'm getting a Black Lagoon vibe from its first two episodes. I'd probably like it even more in English.
    Himouto! Umaru-chan - Amusing.
    Joukamachi no Dandelion - Getting vibes of mediocrity, but I kinda like it and find it cute and fun.
    Nagato Yuki-chan no Shou****su - Carryover from last season.
    Shimoneta - I want to see the characters actually realize things. Also might be fun with an English dub, believe it or not.
    Shokugeki no Souma - Carryover from last season.
    Sore ga Seiyuu! - Not sure where this will fall, but I want to watch it.

Have seen, watching because it's a short and isn't terrible:
    Danchigai - Cute.
    Okusama ga Seitokaichou! - I kinda want to see if it's stays mediocre, improves, or goes full trainwreck.
    Teekyuu 5 - Still have no idea what's going on here but it kills time.
    Wakaba*Girl - Cute.

Have seen, verdict still pending:
    Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - First episode was fun, but I'm not sure where they're going with this.
    Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki - Seems to have dove right into the plot.
    Classroom☆Crisis - Seems like it could be fun, but might well slot itself into mediocre.
    Gakkou Gurashi! - I'm... not sure I'm ready for this.
    Jitsu wa Watashi wa - Seems generic.
    Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - Seems fun, is down here because mystery isn't my typical genre jam.

Have not seen but planning to watch, verdict still pending:
    Aoharu x Kikanjuu - Seen about half of episode one so far, but not all of it.
    Bikini Warriors - Probably going to be lacking in storyline in favor of PLOT.
    Overlord - Just hoping it isn't full on SAO.
    Rokka no Yuusha - No expectations of this.
    Ushio to Tora (TV) - Might end up dropping for later since horror isn't really my jam.

Back