• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pika? (Pokemon Cry Discussion)

Years
    I'm also pretty peeved at the job they did with a lot of the cries of older Pokemon. What the heck happened to Loudred? It sounds like a weird.. squirt noise. Raticate sounds like a short scream. Oddish... that's really messed up. Pretty sure Aggron doesn't sound as cool, but I can't remember. There are more, but none come to mind at the moment.

There are some I don't mind, like Weedle's or Psyduck's. Still wish they would have kept the old ones. I was able to identify Pokemon from their cries alone, but now I can't with a lot of them....

I'm with you here, 6th Gen updated the cries to the new technology that the 3DS came with, but most of the time it produced such badly distorted results. I still can't get over how badly Dugtrio, Sableye, Gothitelle, Karrablast and a couple of others were ruined in the cry department.

Years
    I love some pokemon cries. Some of the ones on my list are Heracross, Flygon, Altaria, Miltank, Roserade, and Cobalion.

Then there are cries like Liepard's, that sounds like a surprised lady.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I don't really like how Pikachu says its name... I admit, it's adorable, but why does it lose the ability to say its name when it evolves?? It doesn't make sense. I think they should really just stick to the original cries rather than including anime voices.

I'm also pretty peeved at the job they did with a lot of the cries of older Pokemon. What the heck happened to Loudred? It sounds like a weird.. squirt noise. Raticate sounds like a short scream. Oddish... that's really messed up. Pretty sure Aggron doesn't sound as cool, but I can't remember. There are more, but none come to mind at the moment.

There are some I don't mind, like Weedle's or Psyduck's. Still wish they would have kept the old ones. I was able to identify Pokemon from their cries alone, but now I can't with a lot of them....​
    My speculation for the cry updates, it's because the 3DS cards can't process the 'old recorded sounds' from GBA, yeah GBA. IIRC, they haven't really update the cries since GBA, they just made the cries of Gen I to Gen III Pokémon sound clear in Diamond and Pearl. They have been using those cries from that point until the final days of Generation V.

An another 3DS game called Ace Attorney: Dual Destiny, the series require voices in a similar fashion to Pokémon's cry. They explicitly said that they need to re-record the voices, as the 3DS technology doesn't support the old voices(or formats?). I guess the situation is most likely similar to our Generation VI's cries, just listen to the Storage Box PC's 'bleeping' sound, it sounds smudged. {XD} Just my two cent, I still dislike the cries though. But I'm saying I understand why they hafta change the cries. :)

Back