• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Pikachu! Aim for the horn!!!" and other such monstrousities

Years
  • I searched for topics similar to this but to no avail. So can you name any godawful mistakes the anime has presented u with in the past?

I remember on Mew vs Mewtwo where Team Rocket mistook a scyther silouette on the clone machine for alakazam. I was so upset and confused... (Bear in mind I was about 8 then.) XD

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • A newer one, from... the seventh badge in Hoenn. Ash had Pikachu blast lightning into the sky, and reflect it right back at it and Swellow, allowing them to get charged up, gain armor for some reason, and beat Solrock and Lunatone...

That made no sense, and it is on the same level as 'Pikachu, aim for the horn!'

Also... Which pokemon evolves from Arbok? Seviper, according to the US dub.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    What's wrong with 'aim for the horn pikachu'? :|

Your battle strategy would've been...?

Years
  • @Zeta Dimensio: I believe that was the "Thunder armour" incident you described...Very strange indeed.
    @Pokéjungle: Um...Electric doesn't even touch ground types. I'd use a water/grass type pokémon...That's why it made no sense

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Doesn't his Pikachu have Iron Tail? Anyway, don't expect a show to be exactly like the game it's based off of. I heard Ash carried a Larvitar -- A pokemon that weighs hundreds of pounds -- on the back of his neck in once scene. That would have killed anything else.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Doesn't his Pikachu have Iron Tail? Anyway, don't expect a show to be exactly like the game it's based off of. I heard Ash carried a Larvitar -- A pokemon that weighs hundreds of pounds -- on the back of his neck in once scene. That would have killed anything else.

Pikachu learned Iron tail near the beginning Hoenn - the horrific 'horn' incident happened a while before this.

In addition to the Larvitar thing - Max not only carried Munchlax on his back, he also leapt across rivers while carrying it. It weighs 105kg - Max, as a seven year old boy, should weigh around 23kg.

WTF

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • Pikachu learned Iron tail near the beginning Hoenn - the horrific 'horn' incident happened a while before this.

In addition to the Larvitar thing - Max not only carried Munchlax on his back, he also leapt across rivers while carrying it. It weighs 105kg - Max, as a seven year old boy, should weigh around 23kg.

WTF
    So ash has a messed up crip in his neck? And max is gonna grow up to be a hunchback?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2009
    One I remember is a battle in the jotho saga... Scizor vs Ash's Heracross... the scizor's trainer says "scizor, FINISH it with FALSE SWIPE!!"

epic fail xD

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I never found any problem with the "Aim for the horn" thing, since in PMD an electric attack can hurt a ground type pokemon just like how a ghost attack can hurt a normal type pokemon.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
  • I never found any problem with the "Aim for the horn" thing, since in PMD an electric attack can hurt a ground type pokemon just like how a ghost attack can hurt a normal type pokemon.

As well as in the Pokemon TCG. :]

One I remember is a battle in the jotho saga... Scizor vs Ash's Heracross... the scizor's trainer says "scizor, FINISH it with FALSE SWIPE!!"

epic fail xD

Misclick. Happens all the time. XD

Anyways, that fight was still good though. The Johto Tournament fights were the only good Johto saga episodes.

Pikachu learned Iron tail near the beginning Hoenn - the horrific 'horn' incident happened a while before this.

WTF

Max is really strong. Max was strong enough to pull Brock around by his ear. XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.Yeah, i wanna bulbasaur with whirlwind!!!

And "Pikachu!Use Electric Charge/Shock/Wave/Bolt/Lightning Attack!"(From many different episodes)

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • I do like the Seviper one, and one from an episode I watched were Team Rocket are being zapped and James goes "It's times like this I wish I was straight." I know it was meant in the non-evil context, but some might confuse it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2016
    I just cannot help but wonder how many times Ash has to be reminded about type immunities.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ok this one takes the cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Srh6pyyFs

I think kids can tell the difference between a rice ball and a doughnut. This was hilarious when I saw it on TV for the first time (I was a little kid by then so you know... Im not that stupid (or was))

I couldnt stop laughing when ash told bulbasaur to use whirlwind. I swear I was like "lulwut just happened? Did bulbasaur use a flying type move when he is obviously a grass/poison type?"

Also when Ash was fighting Brock's onix shouldnt pikachu's thunderbolt have done nothing? I mean rock is immune to electric right?

Back