• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen pikachu and yellow

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    my pikachu was a poké sheild for my clefable in yellow.
    nothing more satisfying than walking into the pokemon legue with a mouse clinging onto your backside and then letting him die! :)

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    or he didnt know that the quickest way to defeat brock is with a nidoran....

I was around 9 when Ruby/Sapphire came out, I'm and I'm now 11. I never played Yellow. I managed to get Pokémon Red, and played it when I lost all my Pokémon games (DUN DUN DUN!) (Which back then were Ruby, Sapphire, and FireRed). I found Ruby and Sapphire, FireRed is still lost, but I didn't like it (to many stuff telling me what to do, and I knew how to catch Pokémon before even watching the tutorial, used to watch Anime a lot).
    im 2 years older than you and iv completed every pokemon game.

Last edited:

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well I have 2 yellow versions, so one version has pikachu at Lv.100 and its awesome and my other version I probably didn't use the pikachu, so its probably Lv.20 or something. lol :]

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    I've always found Pikachu a bit annoying, actually. After using him to get Bulbasaur, I always either stick him in the box, or make him my Flash HM slave.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition was my favorite of the first generation games. Out of my fellow friends who had the Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, I was the one who had Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition.

And when we found out I was able to obtain the cute 'electric mouse' I was ecstatic! Pikachu is one of the main reasons many people (as did I) appeal to Pokémon, in my opinion due to its personality and physical appearance. The pop-culture will only continue to grow.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    dude i was just thinking about making this exact thread! i love pikachu sooo much(just look at my name, hehe):)
    who reckons that pikachu kicks the sh!t out of raichu? and how do you feel about pichu, plusle and minun? :):):)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I always took it out of my party. Mainly because it couldn't beat Brock at the beginning of the game, so it ended up being replaced by a Buterfreee.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    Poke Yellow was one of my faves since you could get all of the starters on it. I used to love that surfing mini-game...

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
    I love Pokemon Yellow. I love how the pokemon actually LOOK like the actual pokemon in the TV series, unlike Red/Blue. Plus I can get all the starters and Pikachu. =)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I found yellow version to be a very fun game.
    i always hated the fact that there wasn't team rocket in it, but yellow got me through that.
    Pikachu was fun, but it got really irritating sometimes when it doesn't love you enough.
    fortunately, i got my pikachu 4 hearts before my computer data got erased.

Back