• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu DS

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
Years
  • I just had a few questions about the Limited Edition Pikachu DS. I wasn't sure which forum to post this in so I just went in the other games section.

So on to the questions!

Does the DS interface have Japanese characters or English text?
    Can you buy it anywhere else online other than E-bay?
    It works just like a normal DS right?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Does the DS interface have Japanese characters or English text? English I would assume. but you can change it =/
    Can you buy it anywhere else online other than E-bay? I doubt it
    It works just like a normal DS right? It's just a DS with a Pikachuu on it...

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
  • Does the DS interface have Japanese characters or English text? English I would assume. but you can change it =/

Mmk! Thanks for the information. Now back to studying for AP Calculus final. :(

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Does the DS interface have Japanese characters or English text? English I would assume. but you can change it =/
    What about Amazon? Amazon might sell it too...

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • Also I imagine you might want to have a north american adapter when you buy it cause I'm pretty sure they're electricity is different.
    Or a better option would be to use japanese adapter and a converter incase the North American/European (dunno where you're from but am assuming it's one of the two) would fry the pikachu ds

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Does the DS interface have Japanese characters or English text?
    The interface of any DS can be changed in the settings between the six languages that it offers: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and I think the last one is Italian. It's only the games themselves which you can't change the language unless it was made to be capable of it.
    Also I imagine you might want to have a north american adapter when you buy it cause I'm pretty sure they're electricity is different.
    Or a better option would be to use japanese adapter and a converter incase the North American/European (dunno where you're from but am assuming it's one of the two) would fry the pikachu ds
    Um... aren't the two the same? Both run at 110V.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • The interface of any DS can be changed in the settings between the six languages that it offers: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and I think the last one is Italian. It's only the games themselves which you can't change the language unless it was made to be capable of it.

Um... aren't the two the same? Both run at 110V.

No idea, I just no that at my school there are a lot of asian students (like moved over for school) and whenever they plug there laptops in they have an additional converter. However, this is in North America- so dunno.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm... gonna go ahead and toss this into Other Games. :/ Since it's more about the DS itself than the fact that it's Pokémon-related, I think you'll get better answers there.

That said, the DS works like any other one. English is an option for its language (like any DS) and it functions like a DS Lite you'd buy from your local store. The only difference is its casing.

It was sold to the English public in a big bundle where you had to buy the DS, Diamond AND Pearl, Mystery Dungeon blue (I think?) and the guidebooks. It was only available through the Pokémon Center's online store before it went down. Since that was publically available and the Japanese version was given away in a special raffle, you're more likely to come across the English version on the internet--not that there's really any difference. But you aren't going to find it for a cheap price. Since it's no longer available in mass quantities, you're gonna have to get it second-hand (even if it's new in box) and those prices will be inflated.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Yes, it works like a regular DS. Just looks different. My sister has one, and loves it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Can someone post a pic of it. I cannot find it on the web.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    if your really bothered by it just take a paint brush and paint Pikachu's picture on it, to look like the real Pikachu DS

Back