• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu Illustrator (Holding Paintbrush)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Isn't this the rarest and most valuble PKMN card ever made?

Pikachu Illustrator (Holding Paintbrush)

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    There really isn't a "rarest, most valuable card," as it really depends on what people will pay for it, though this one's up there. There were only 6 made.

A Japanese Tropical Mega Battle No. 1 Trainer card, of which there are nine, sold for nearly $4,500. The Tropical Tidal Wave Finalist card, won by the 15+ winner at Worlds this year, sold for over $3,500.

I can't find any info on whether or not this card ever sold, and for how much.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    trjessie579 said:
    There really isn't a "rarest, most valuable card," as it really depends on what people will pay for it, though this one's up there. There were only 6 made.

A Japanese Tropical Mega Battle No. 1 Trainer card, of which there are nine, sold for nearly $4,500. The Tropical Tidal Wave Finalist card, won by the 15+ winner at Worlds this year, sold for over $3,500.

I can't find any info on whether or not this card ever sold, and for how much.

If I'm not mistaken, according to Beckett's Price guide, Pikachu Illustrator (Holding Paintbrush) was worth $800,000,000.00

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    L. M. A. O.

Then Pojo is wrong. XD No card has ever or will ever be "worth" that much, as a card's only worth as much as anyone's willing to pay for it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Beckett also lists Charizard ex at $45, and Rocket's Mewtwo ex at $55. I haven't seen either of these cards go for more than $20 since they came out.

Back