• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu

Pikachu?

• Love it

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Like it

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Its Ok

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Dislike it

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Whee, donuts XD Anyway, It's okay, but as you said lots of people like it since it's a very popular pokemon. I used to go crazy over it though X_X

Umasd

I-Am-The-Law
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    I despise him, as the thread starter said, mainly because of his popularity, but also after seeing him countless of times on the TV, posters etc.. as though he represents Pokemon, when tbh he isn't that good.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I don't like it or hate it. There's been worse Pokemon created (TOGEPI.), but I don't entirely find it cute or something I'd rush off to catch right away (unless I wanted a Raichu badly enough). I will say, though, that I do find 00berchu in the anime to be just slightly annoying for the sole reason that it's defied the laws of the game for no apparent reason other than to favor Ash. ("AIM FOR THE HORN!")

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I love Pikachu! :O It's one of my top faves as a matter of fact. ^^; I've always liked Pikachu ever since I learned about Pokemon, it's popularity doesn't affect me. Afterall, if it wasn't Pikachu, then the idolized trademark of Pokemon would just be a different one...and everyone would probably hate that one too. XD

~Kelsey

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I don't really care about it that much. It's not the first Pokemon I'd choose though. I like Raichu better.

Years
    I'm not that fond of it as a character in the show due to some of the impossible things it's managed to do. But considering I don't pay much attention to the anime anyways...

Overall, I think it's a decent pokemon. It's not one of my favorites, but I find it to be rather cute anyways - especially when compared to some other pokemon. I will say I somewhat prefer its older design (the pudgy little thing seen in first-gen game sprites, etc) over the one it has now...not sure why, it's just personal preference there.

Years
    He bothers me at times. It's when he battles it bothers me the most. Sometimes he beats some really strong pokemon, Dragonite for instance, and then other times he struggles with weak pokemon. It doesn't add up all the time, even if you bring the level thing into play.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Pikachu has always been my favorite Pokemon. Its what made me interested in Pokemon in the first place, and it means alot to me because of that. -^^-
    Its been my favorite for almost 9 years, and that won't change anytime real soon.

Katsu Koneko said:
    I love Pikachu~ People think I'm weird for liking it, but who cares. I loooove Pikachu! xD ^^;;

I have about 4 plushies and one Pika pillow.

XD Same with me! and I have a Pikachu keychain plushie, 3 little figurines, a Pikachu 10th Anniversay Patch and Pin. x3
    Oh yes, and a about 11 different Pikachu trading cards... ^^;

Last edited:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Pikachu's my favorite Pokemon. X_X *shot* I'd fallen in love with it BEFORE it became ridiculously overpopular, but now that it is overpopular some of those I know seem to hate me for liking Pikachu, and a few even say they hate Pikachu and think it an ugly, annoying little rat... >_>; I was rather childish and naive when I first loved it, I guess, but I still do...I guess it's become symbolic of my good memories from when I was small.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Pikachu is a great Pokémon! At least up in my top ten favorites. I believe that I pwn you all in amount of Pikachu products, though. I mean, do you have Pikachu bedsheets?

Anyways, I love Pikachu. I always like what I like and I always will. I won't start to hate something just because the other people look down on me for it. I love Pikachu. I don't care if it's popular, or if it's a little kid favorite, or if it's uber in the show. I like it, adn dang it, that's all that matters.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I don't hate it, but I can't say I like it much either. I used to love it in the anime when it still had an attitude (especialy in the first episode when it's watching Ash's desperate attempts to catch a Pidgey =P) and when it still looked cute.
    It used to be a chubby, cute little rat, but now it just looks ugly and is just a brainless drone that does whatever Ash tells it to do >D
    I don't like it or hate it. There's been worse Pokemon created (TOGEPI.), but I don't entirely find it cute or something I'd rush off to catch right away (unless I wanted a Raichu badly enough). I will say, though, that I do find 00berchu in the anime to be just slightly annoying for the sole reason that it's defied the laws of the game for no apparent reason other than to favor Ash. ("AIM FOR THE HORN!")
    Aim for the horn? O_O You stole my line, I have always wondered why a Thunderbolt in Rhydon's horn would take it down.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    I like it, but it's started to become an unnecessary default symbol for Pokémon. I would have preferred Skitty as a symbol when Ruby and Sapphire came out.

enyce

banned
    Years
    I dont like the anime Pikachu, it gets on my nerves. Its just not your ordinary pikachu....Its like the mary sue of the anime

But the pikachu in the manga is awesome. When pikachu beat Onyx it did make logical since. Like when Pikachu used thunderbolt and aimed in side onyx mouth. That makes since

Your body maybe rock hard. But your internal organs arent. ;)

Back