• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
  • Hey, have anyone been wondering how Pikachu sorta doesn't do anything anymore but get caught be Team Rocket and sometimes fighting? Remember in the Kanto series when Pikachu used to show more emotion, Ash paying more attention, and Pikachu making faces? Now Ash seems to pay more attention to his other pokemon, if Team Rocket stopped catching Pikachu, I'd NEVER hear its voice.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • yeah

yeah, but it lost a lot of humor, I mean it seems like its not there, I don't even remember it being on Ash's shoulder anymore! Maybe that's because I missed a few episodes....

Fortune Hunter2

Every thing I know is a lie!!
    Years
  • tell me about it sry i had to chang my avitar but i use to live pikachu's funny pranks.

doe't worry i only watched a few episodes back then and i really loved then now when i watch the new ones....mmmmmmm not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    I noticed that too... pikachu's my favorite!!! but it seems like he's not a big deal anymore, Ash never uses him to battle and when he does, pikachu like gets knocked out in the first round... sheesh! it's troublesome! but still my favorite

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Pikachu is still as adorable as ever.. but yeah, true enough, it's not as 'featured' as it was in previous seasons.. but Ash didn't just focus on his other Pokemon except Pikachu.. in my opnion, I think he just evens up his attention to all his Pokemon, rather than just focusing everything on Pikachu..

Pikachu does get knocked out easily in first rounds, but it can't be helped I guess.. afterall, Pikachu is not a very very strong pokemon (just look at its stats.. it's just average)

But I still adore Pikachu as much as I did since the very first episode!! XD

Years
  • Fortune Hunter2 -- please don't double post. Use the edit button. Thanks. :3

On-topic... I've noticed. Acutally, it was brought up on another forum I go to, how another one of Ash's Pokemon seemed to be taking the spotlight. I peronally would like to see more of it, but meh~

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    I miss those times when ash would get al choked up when he thought pikachu left him (What a tear jerker) and the momenyts a song would be playing in the background while ash had memories go through his mind

Years
  • That's a good observation but given the rat's almost sadistic pleasure in frying the Rockets, it's hard to care. It seems that's the only time Pikachu shines. Occasionally, we get episodes playing into the bond with Ash, like A Scare to Remember but otherwise, it's the price you pay for an ensemble cast--someone is bound to be downcast.

Back