• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu's gender - What's your opinion?

What do you think Pikachu's gender is?

• Total voters

Caz

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Pikachu is a girl! In the first episode when their being attacked by Sparow, Ash yells "Leave her alone!" (Refering to Pikachu) Why would he say that if Pikachu was a guy? :)

Tzuri17

Look! it's a messege! --->
    Years
    Caz said:
    Pikachu is a girl! In the first episode when their being attacked by Sparow, Ash yells "Leave her alone!" (Refering to Pikachu) Why would he say that if Pikachu was a guy? :)
    it must be a mistake of the studios...

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Pikachu a male? XD you all wish
    I think Caz is right, also, Pikachu's voice is very feminine.

Pikachu's gender - What's your opinion?

I believe that they have already declared that she is a girl, but I'm not sure...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Here's a paradox. Pikachu, according to Ash, is a Male (he says so several times, especially in the movies). But his clone made by MewTwo, who is supposed to be exactly like him, is clearly female. The clone acted like Pikachu had dumped her, or something in MewTwo Returns (not actually a movie, but makes the case). Plus, I think the two are in love, so Pikachu would HAVE to be a male, since the clone seems to be 10 times more sensitive than Ash's Pikachu.

The reason for the dancing is to be cute, plain and simple. It has no bearing on the gender of the Pokemon, or else Togepi would've been a way better candidate to be female, since he does it way more often than Pikachu. Chikorita/Beyleef is CLEARLY female, or else Brock couldn't have said that it "has a crush on Ash."

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    Pikachu is male. Ash has refered to Pikachu as a male several times in the show. I wondered myself in the begginning, so I started paying attention to those things.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    O.o; I belive Pikachu is male since in a Jukebox song, "Pikachu! I choose you!", a few lyrics were spoken in the following words, 'Pikachu, you are my brother'.

X.x Pikachu's clone is also male. The girlish acts could be a bit of side effect on cloning. [Examples are Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise having blots on their skin. And Meowth, the clone couldn't talk like its originator.]

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    i think its female, it just seems more sweet and it seems more girly XD

Back