• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu's Goodbye

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Okay...
    This question popped up today during a conversation with a friend of mine.
    They brought up the older Pokemon episodes, and told me that they recently watched Pikachu's Goodbye and cried...

(On to the question!) So its obvious this episode is old, and even though it originally aired 8 years ago, do you still get emotional while watching it?

Or if you haven't seen it in years, DID you get emotional the last time you saw it?

My answer; Yes it does make me sad, but I can't say that it actually makes me break down and cry... ^^;

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2007
    :'( this episode is sooooo sad. I cried the first time I watch it and still do. Same with Bye, Bye, Butterfree :(

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I know! Poor Ash and Pikachu... T-T

Yeah... the Butterfree episode was sad too. x__x ;-;
    But at the same time I was happy that it found a mate.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When i saw that i didn't really think and i had no feelings towards it but i sure didn't cry.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I cried when Butterfree left. ;;

Pikachu, though? Dubbed, no. The original Japanese song? Yes. It's truly beautiful.

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
  • I was like how old? 6? 7? Well for both Pikachu's goodbye and Bye bye Butterfree I cried T_T and my brother would just be watching with me and I'd start crying and I would run upstairs and cry in the little corner and miss the rest of the episode and the pokerap and ending and my brother would come up and blah blah blah

i haven't watched it since..

it was the song that really saddened me.. 'somehow someplace, you have to say, goodbye..'

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2009
    Awww that episode brings back memories...My mom LOVED that episode, and I always explained what was happening with all the Pikachu...XD

Anyway, I wasn't exactly sad until Ash started tearing....I was like....heartless back then o_o I understood how Ash must've been but it wasn't that sad to me...Thinking back I guess the me right now would think totally differently though...^^;;;

Ahh I was just watching Bye Bye Butterfree last week T.T I knew what was gonna happen and I just wanted to cry....^^;;;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    You mean the Japanese song? I have no idea... ^^;
    but the english song is 'The Time Has Come.'

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
  • It's allways quite sad when ash leaves his pokémon, like when Squirtle goes off to join the Squirtle Squad again, it does those sad montage things. =| Oh bother. Ash's Butterfree was the best, I loved the sound it made =)

Years
  • I was quite upset and emotional over it (I still get emotional when I see that picture of Ash and Pikachu ;; ), but I didn't cry. I don't think any TV show has made me cry.

It's one of the sadder episodes, I agree with that. I mean... they almost left each other... it was all so upsetting. ;____;

+Hidden~Luv+

+Its Good To Be Back+
    Years
  • I cried as well when I saw the episode of Pikachu's Goodbye, it was so very sad!
    Plus the Butterfree episode was sad, but I didnt cry when I saw that one. ^^;
    Even when i do look back at those episodes, I still get the same reaction I had when I first saw it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    SamBee said:
    It's allways quite sad when ash leaves his pokémon, like when Squirtle goes off to join the Squirtle Squad again, it does those sad montage things. =| Oh bother. Ash's Butterfree was the best, I loved the sound it made =)

I remember that.... That also reminds me of that one episode in ...um.. Master Quest, I think it was... when Bulbasaur was with all those Pokemon, trying to make them stop their fighting or something... and then towards the end of the episode theres this boulder that falls towards them, and Bulbasaur ends up right in its path... and you see Bulbasaur looking all freaked out, and the shadow of the boulder covering it...

After that, all these memories of its time with Ash play through with this sad music, and it makes you think that Bulbasaur is going to be crushed by the boulder and killed.

That was horrible. I've never seen anything like that in Pokemon before... It literally makes you think that Bulbasaur is going to die.

Back