• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu's Goodbye

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2007
    I cried...when pikachu looked like he was leaving...even though I knew he wouldn't...and then when he came back...I cry at a lot of pokemon 'moments' like when Ash let Butterfree go....and charizard....and basically all his pokemon he's left behind :"
    ~Strawberry Vulpix~ :t037:

Years
    I watched that episode after alot of other episodes of the first season, and since I saw that he had pikachu later, of course it didn't stay with the other pikachu.

I actually laughed when I watched it.

I hate how he gives away all his pokemon(Butterfree twice; he was about to let pikachu get away; primeape; squirtle; charizard; beedrill; pidgeot; haunter; He sent bulbasaur to prof. oak, just because he cant handle the pokemon(Why doesn't make Tracey sit out there all day and make sure they don't fight))...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    XD HAHAHA!
    (Why doesn't make Tracey sit out there all day and make sure they don't fight))...
    Lol... wow. That....was horribly amusing to me for some reason. x3
    I can picture Tracey sitting out there for hours, all bored, and pissed off....

But yeah... I dont like that he lets all his awesome Pokemon go either... I mean, who does that?! I've never released any of my Pokemon on my games (Well...that I cared about anyway... now one time I had Rattata doubles...but that doesn't count!)

I never really did see how he thought Pikachu would happier living in the wild... I mean, it'd get along okay...but theres more threats, and its obvious that the things happier with Ash... ASH not OTHER PIKACHU! ... ><;

Years
    It was a really emotional episode. Atleast for me it was.

A few tears came out of my eyes when I watched it, I was younger, but it made me sad. This wasn't the only episode that made me sad though, there was a few others...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2008
    Yeah, I was very young when I first saw this and when I saw Pikachu leave I started crying. I was SOOO sad, and it turns out Pikachu didn't leave. I was like, oh, okay. lol. But somehow to this date I'm kinda, well, afraid in a way of watching it, even though I have every single ep of the first season in VHS except for "The Final Badge", I'd rather watch other eps. Pikachu's goodbye is just... sad. lol. xD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Lol yeah, I agree... I have it on tape too... but I dont watch it too often.
    Its kinda like with the first Pokemon movie... everytime Ash gets hit by Mew and Mewtwo I start sobbing.... oO I'm so weird. XD
    Odd thing, I didn't cry when I watched the episode back when I was little...
    I've gotten more emotional over the years... x3

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Ash_ said:
    It's a sad episode but it's nothing I would cry about. The only one I came close to onsidering getting all emotional was when Butterfree left.
    When buterfree left is what got me a little tearyand so did Pikachu's Goodbye.. It was sad for Ash and for Pikachu...

Back