• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu's Had It

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Pikachu's Had Enough

Hey, my first sprite comic (not to mention first flash cartoon) is finished! I want to show it to you, but I can't figure out where to host it. :( It's 612kb in size, and photobucket resizes images that are more than 250kb. Anyone have any ideas? I'd put it up on Newgrounds and link to it there, except that it'd probably be blammed before any of you could see it, lol.

Btw, for those that don't know, flash cartoons have a .swf file extension. If you're in a position to quickly check which extensions are supported by your hosting services, that's the one to check for. :P

In the meantime, I'll keep looking, and I'll edit when I find a home for it somewhere, okay? ^_~

*Edit*

All right, I think I've got it now. Now you can do this in one of two ways: If you think your computer is good and fast, just click this link . Otherwise, right click on it and choose "save target as". Save it to your local machine first, and you won't have to worry about it freezing up on you. Hope you like it! *Crosses fingers*

**Edit**
    I went ahead and submitted this on Newgrounds. And as I expected, it's getting creamed. >_< You can visit its home there (while it still has one) at this link.

Last edited:

Lizzie

{Tre' pwns j00} XD
    Years
    OMg! That was the best flash comic i've ever seen! XD *can't stop laughing* you're really original! I thought it was so cool when pikachu attacked ash like that, the sound effects for pikachu were breath-taking! I loved the backround! That was truly the best flash comic i've ever seen, the music in the backround was hillarious XD You did an incredible job! I think you should definetly continue with more comics like this! This was truly the funniest LOL

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    *Blushes*

Aw, that's so sweet you guys! Thanks for the compliments!

armadilloHD: Thanks, man. And yeah, you're right, Flash CAN be used for better things. :) I'm still getting used to it though, so i thought I'd starts small.

Really, though, I didn't think it'd be so well-received! I mean, I'm proud of it an' all, because it's the first flash cartoon I've actually finished. But I really don't think it's all THAT good. :/ I had a funny idea that seemed to work, but the humor could've been better. And I even got lazy there at the end and used two Pikachu pictures that weren't even sprites, lol! The one where he's lunging at Ash is one i drew myself. And the one with him standing next to the wheelchair (at the park) is just some random jpeg I pulled off a google image search. :)

All in all though, I'd have to say I do like the way it turned out. It's got some typos and other flaws in it, but I don't consider it too bad for a first try. Maybe I'll make another one. 8)

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    $$$$$

Goatman56 said:
    What program do you use and were did you get it?

This you're not going to like. :P I actually used Flash MX 2004. It came as part of the Studio MX 2004 suite I bought when i bought my new computer. And it's not cheap, either. Studio MX 2004 will set you back 899 big ones for the full version. I cheated and bought Fireworks MX and the Studio MX 2004 upgrade license. They ended up costing me around $650. You can get a copy of Flash MX as a student edition, though, and I think that's only around 100. :) Macromedia's pricey.

Lizzie

{Tre' pwns j00} XD
    Years
    0.0 wow you drew that pikachu during that thunder attack? Never mind about the thing being pricey, that pikachu was REALLY drawn well, did you do the backround as well?

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Lizzie said:
    0.0 wow you drew that pikachu during that thunder attack? Never mind about the thing being pricey, that pikachu was REALLY drawn well, did you do the backround as well?

Nah, the backgrounds came from vgsprites.com. I just pasted 'em in there. The last one looked hand-drawn because I had to compress it to cut down the filesize. :P

And for the Pikachu I drew, I kind of cheated. I had to use a reference, lol. Here's the image I used. And you can visit the site it came from here.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Remake

Although the Newgrounds community didn't vote very high on my movie (which was highly understandable, given how high the standards have risen there), some of the ones who left me reviews also left me some excellent advice and ideas. I've decided to remake this movie, and to do it without sprites. That way, I'll be able to use my own drawings to create more fluid animation. Besides, the sprites were becoming a crutch already anyway. I'd much rather focus on my drawing skills. So keep your eyes peeled. I won't be able to post it in here when I get it finished (because it will no longer be sprite-related), but I will definitely post it in the art gallery forum. Thanks for all your kind words!

Oh, and just in case you're curious, here's a sample of how it will look. This is a capture of the first image of Pikachu in the new version:

Wario Man

Fear me, losers!
    Years
    LOL! That was awesome! Keep it up!
    I use flash MX 2004 too, and I'm not too good at it, either. But I didnt pay a thing! My stepdad got it for me for free plus freehand at his work!

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Sounds like a good idea. I have a question, though. I thought this was "Sprite Comics" Since there are no longer any sprites, I don't it would be classified in that family. It'd be cool if the staff made a section especially for Flash Movies, though. Anyway, the original was hilarious, so I wonder how well the remake will be. :)

Back