• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pinocchio's Army

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
Years
  • This team is a BL team which I plan on using in the OU tier. For a few reasons;
    #1. Some of these Pokemon are my favourites.
    #2. I am not like all the other drones who use OU Pokemon.
    #3. Can be a surprise to see Pokemon which aren't found that often in the OU Metagame.
    This team has served me quite well on Shoddy Battle and I have won the majority of the battles I have had. It is my first competitive team and I have only had about 10 matches in total but I think I am getting the hang of it.
    So no more blabbing on, lets see the team!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinocchio's Army
    Pinocchio's Army
    Pinocchio's Army
    Pinocchio's Army
    Pinocchio's Army
    Pinocchio's Army

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinocchio's Army

Froslass @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest
    Effort Points: 6 HP // 252 Spe // 252 Sp Atk

Ice Beam
    Destiny Bond
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power (Fighting)

Froslass as my lead does many great things. It can out speed opposing Garchomps and OHKO with Ice Beam. Destiny Bond allows me to take down various other Pokemon like Metagross and Heracross or anything else when Froslass decides to hit the hay.

Pinocchio's Army

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Effort Points: 252 HP // 228 Def // 28 Atk

Power Whip
    Leech Seed
    Sleep Powder
    Knock Off

My Physical Wall and a darn good one. Knock Off for getting rid of pesky items such as Leftovers on most walls. Sleep Powder and Leech side opt for excellent healing aside from Leftovers. Power Whip for some form of attacking. Tangrowth makes a great Gyarados counter taking a 3HKO with Ice Fang + One Dragon Dance.

Pinocchio's Army

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Effort Points: 116 HP // 140Sp Atk // 252 Spe

Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Hidden Power (Fighting)
    Taunt

My Special Sweeper. Calm Mind up and attempt a sweep. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power (Fighting) give it decent coverage and is capable of taking multiple foes if Calm Mind is activated. Taunt to stop Blissey and anything with fighting moves in their tracks.

Pinocchio's Army

Azumaril @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    Effort Points: 212 HP // 252 Atk // 44 Spe

Aqua Jet
    Waterfall
    Double Edge
    Focus Punch

My Physical Sweeper capable of dealing heavy blows thanks to Choice Band and Huge Power. Aqua Jet enables it to attack first getting the upper hand on many Pokemon whilst hitting hard. It is able to beat Gyarados with a 2HKO with Double Edge without Intimidate.

Pinocchio's Army

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Effort Points: 76 HP // 180 SpD // 252 Def

Toxic
    Cross Chop
    Knock Off
    Whirlwind

This Hariyama is equipped with Thick Fat instead of Guts because it is more defensive. Relies on Counter for easy kills as it can withstand most physical attacks. I like this guy and can pull some surprise kills with Counter. Knock Off is again here to take away pesky items. Whirlwind can prevent Baton Passing boosts.

Pinocchio's Army

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    Effort Points: 212 HP // 44 Sp Atk // 252 SpD

Ice Beam
    Slack Off
    Surf
    Thunder Wave

My Special Wall capable of taking numerous special attacks before Slacking Off and healing. Thunder Wave is useful as I can ruin Sp Sweepers or anything fast that poses a threat. Surf for STAB hurts most opponents hard and Ice Beam is for coverage.

CONSIDERING:
    Pinocchio's Army

Weezing @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Effort Points: 252 HP // 252 Def // 4 Spe

Pain Split
    Will-O-Wisp
    Haze
    Sludge Bomb

Well this is my first team and is made to be mostly BL or UU. I do not mind using OU Pokemon but I would prefer to keep it as BL/ UU. Rate away and give advice as I need as much as I can get.

When I try it out more I will post a Battle Log for you to see how it works.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Um BL is OU so aren't you saying that you're a drone? :P You'd be surprised though at how many BLs and even UUs you see on a few teams though ;)

Anyways, interesting team. My biggest beef with it is that any fighter with an option to take care of ghosts/psychics ruins you. Big time. For example, Payback Machamp or a Heracross can really hurt you a lot. The other problem is a strong user of Pursuit can wear you down very quickly. While getting past Froslass is tough, it can catch it on a move it can take and drown it.

Overall it's good, especially with no high OUs on the team.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Cool team, i actually put all the attack evs in sp.def,on Hariyama, it sponges attacks nicely. However you have WAY too much hp, just use 76 HP / 252 DEF / 180 SP.DEF.I use Toxic >> Counter aswell, its nice for screwing stuff over.

But, Good lord this will be annoying to play, like knocking off items do we lol ?

Slowking = pwnage also.

What im going to say, and agreeing with anti on this, you may want a solid fighting resist. Weezing is Bl currently, so you COULD use that.

Just a suggestion.

Years
  • Good team, but take care of pokemons with Pursuit: Mismagius,Froslass and Slowbro will fail against a poke with Pursuit (Weavile,Metagross,etc)
    Slowbro won't fall that easily.Although you should get something to take care of Weavile and other things that can hammer you with Dark types.On Frosslass,you're better off with Modest and HP Fighting on it to make it easier to survive hits and still KO Weavile and hit Tyranitar.252/252 for Speed and Special Attack and 6 HP is usable.Why the Speed on Tangrowth?You're better off giving it to Attack to pound Tyranitar and Gyarados harder and other things not resisting Grass.Taunt is usable over Will-O-Wisp on Mismagius,since then Blissey can't threaten you with Thunder Wave or Softboiled Calm Minded HP Fighting.BL can't fight in UU battles because they're in a higher tier.

Years
  • Thank you everyone.
    I have considered most of your changes and placed them in Italic on the team.
    D_A, if I were to put Weezing on the team, who would I replace?
    Why Modest on Mismagius?Modest should be for Frosslass and it also needs HP Fighting to not weaken its defenses and still hit well on Dark types.Change back to Timid to outspeed things on Mismagius.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thank you everyone.
    I have considered most of your changes and placed them in Italic on the team.
    D_A, if I were to put Weezing on the team, who would I replace?

I would say Tangrowth, no matter how much it pwns. It and Weez do similar Jobs.

Moana Kai

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • My options for your team is in bold.

Froslass @ any item except for choice band
    Modest
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Ominous Wind
    Wake Up Slap
    Ice Shard
    Blizzard

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Knock Off
    Slam
    Wring Out
    Power Whip

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Timid
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Psywave
    Astonish
    Psybeam
    Shadow Ball

Azumirril @ Any item except for Choice Band.
    Adamant
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Bubblebeam
    Double Edge
    Aqua Tail
    Hydro Pump

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Seismic Toss
    Wake Up Slap
    Close Combat
    Reversal

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Timid
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Confusion
    Water Pulse
    Zen Headbutt
    Psychic

Years
  • My options for your team is in bold.

Froslass @ any item except for choice band
    Modest
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Ominous Wind
    Wake Up Slap
    Ice Shard
    Blizzard

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Knock Off
    Slam
    Wring Out
    Power Whip

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Timid
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Psywave
    Astonish
    Psybeam
    Shadow Ball

Azumirril @ Any item except for Choice Band.
    Adamant
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Bubblebeam
    Double Edge
    Aqua Tail
    Hydro Pump

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Seismic Toss
    Wake Up Slap
    Close Combat
    Reversal

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Timid
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Confusion
    Water Pulse
    Zen Headbutt
    Psychic
    Read this,please:
    1) DON'T RATE WITHOUT PROPER KNOWLEDGE.

This bugs me the most & I put it up first. I am sick of seeing people give horrid advice that defies common sense, just so they can admit "I'm not that good at teams." If you're not good, why did you speak? "I was just trying to help." Trust me, when you give bad advice, you aren't helping anyone. In fact, you are only hurting the one you are trying to help. Like giving directions. If you don't know the way, don't give them directions that would get them lost.
    One of the Strategies and Movesets Rules.

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
  • Sorry but you just put the same EV's for all the Pokemon and gave them offensive moves completely ignoring their strengths and weaknesses.
    Your post will have no impact on the outcome of my team..
    That is all.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • The only BL/UU pokemon I ever used were Slowbro, Weezing and Shuckle, so..

Big Heracross weakness, SDLuke with Bullet Punch also can do major damage to your team. Weavile and Mamoswine also pose a significant threat, and you have no reliable counter to Dragonite and Garchomp, no sleep absorber means Hypnosis would be taking down 1/6th of your team. Yanmega hurts a lot, basically the leads which run Sash and Hypnosis.

You have almost no way to break Bronzong, and Suicune sets up on everything sans Hariyama. No reliable way to beat Jirachi and Metagross, Skarm can setup easily. Vaporeon can pass Wishes easily as your only reliable way of beating it is Azumarill, which a Ghost type would wall if it is locked into Double-Edge/Focus Punch.

What I can see here is lack of a reliable Fighting resistance, meaning Fighters would be running rampant. I would suggest Weezing over Hariyama, a better choice would be Gliscor.
    Slowking has a Boltbeam weak and a Bug weakness which makes it unsuited to be a longterm special wall. Without correct support to cover Yanmega, boltbeamers and such you would have a problem. Magnezone could fit in a slot.

Unfortunately I don't see why the Taunt variant of Mismagius is superior to the Substitute variant, Sub still blocks status and stops Bliss.

From what I see, Mismagius and Froslass are easily replaceable simply because they do not serve a significant role on the team - Mismagius needs setup to be effective, but isn't going to sweep anything with 1 CM or less, Froslass is subpar in its role as a Choice Scarfer as Gengar can easily fill that role with an extra Bug resistance and not taking 25% from SR.

A Wishpasser would fit really well on this team helping Weezing and Tangrowth out.

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
  • If I were to get a Wishpasser who would I swap for it?
    Could you also give a good wishpasser that could fit in well with this team?
    Sorry I'm kinda new and don't know many Wish Passers.

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
  • The best Wish Passer in the game is Vaporeon IMO, but you're in BL so... Hmm, Espeon is an option, but he's frail and he'll add more Weavile weakness to your team... I'm not really sure actually..

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
  • Well I had a look on Smogon and it seems I could use Umbreon to trap pass as well as wish pass.
    I was also looking at Uxie who seems to be a great tank/set upper.

Uxie @ Leftovers
    Effort Points: 252 HP // 252 Def // 4 Sp Atk

Stealth Rock
    Yawn
    U-Turn
    Protect

Years
  • Well I had a look on Smogon and it seems I could use Umbreon to trap pass as well as wish pass.
    I was also looking at Uxie who seems to be a great tank/set upper.

Uxie @ Leftovers
    Effort Points: 252 HP // 252 Def // 4 Sp Atk

Stealth Rock
    Yawn
    U-Turn
    Protect
    =( It's not that great of a tank.No instant recovery in its whole moveset or movepool.Your only way of getting away from Taunt is U-Turn so consider an offensive move somewhere else,preferably Protect since it should be able to take hits and therefore,no protection is needed.Unless it's Wish Blissey or Umbreon.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Uxie is pretty good, all I'd say is get rid of Stealth rock, maube go to the move tutor? Then you could give him a heart scale and search for a powerful move. XD That is all

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
  • Hannah I plan to use this team on Shoddy so I don't need to go to the move tutor. =P
    I was planning on using that Uxie as my lead possibly as I can Set up Stealth Rock, put the opponent to sleep and U-Turn to a suitable counter.

Back