• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pinsir Doesn't Evolve into Heracross!?!?

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
  • That's not all Cloyster resembles

Yeah, I know... Can't unsee.

One thing i never got.

Thunder Stone -> Jolteon
    Fire Stone -> Flareon
    Water Stone -> Vaporeon

Why doesn't leafeon evolve with Leafstone. Instead of the supid evolve at place X nonsense.
    Leaf Stone -> Leafeon
    Speaking of which....
    Moon Stone -> Umbreon
    Sun Stone -> Espeon

Also, why does a Dusk and Dawn stone even exist? Why not use moon/sun stones. They're underused as it is.

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • What I never got was sometimes there are hidden items in the trash. Why would you want to keep it? It's in the trash for a reason.

Speaking of which, why do they throw away perfectly good items that still work in the bin? It just doesn't make since.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • I was just running around on Victory Road in Fire Red and I met an Arbok. Here's what it did on the first turn:

Wild Arbok used Acid! It's super Effective!

Does anybody else see a problem with that? XD

Also, why is it that you can be tearing up the evil team's base, stop for a moment and run to the pokemon center, then go shopping for a few hours, and even head off and gamble for a while, and when you (finally) get back, nothing has changed. You'd think that if the evil team got a break like that they'd maybe take some defensive measures, like locking the doors or healing their faint pokemon.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Why is Poison only super-effective against Grass? I think it should also be super-effective against Fighting (even the strongest fighter will succumb to poison).

How on earth is Meloetta part Normal-type???? It doesn't make sense!

Darmanitan really should be Fire/Fighting.

Braviary should be Fighting/Flying, since it's based on a war eagle, and learns Superpower.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • Why isn't Samurott a water/fighting type?
    It has a sword with it (If anyone has a pokedex 3D, you will see it).

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    The Champion takes back the title behind your back.

Why isn't cubone related to kanguskong? With out the mask it would look very similar to the baby its holds.

Poliwrath's B/W pokedex entry: "With its extremely tough muscles, it can keep swimming in the Pacific Ocean without resting."...

Ash: What the heck is a Pacific Ocean?!?!?

Y is goldduck blue and has a psychic jewel on its head while psyduck is gold?

Why does Samurott have the ssame designs onits arms as Swampert?

Blaziken had it fightning type stolen twice in a row now (infernape and emboar)

Parents dont mind you gone for days upon days and they know you have no shelter/food/etc

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • A pig is fire/fighting type.... really?
    A pokemon whose name looks like Samurai isn't fighting type...
    A Snake isn't part poison type
    I get the whole fighting -> Dark to Fairr -> Dirty thing, but how does that explain Croagunk and Toxicroak...? And what about Scraggy/Scrafty? It's Fighting AND Dark Type!
    How the heck did Lance get THREE Illegal Dragonites? One of those being seen before the Champion battle in the Rocket Hideout at level 40! Not to mention Falkner's level 9(GSC)/13(HGSS) Pidgeot, when it doesn't evolve until like, level 18.

jammi567

What I never got was sometimes there are hidden items in the trash. Why would you want to keep it? It's in the trash for a reason.

Surely a more purtinant question is why the main character would be searching in the trash in the first place?

Not to mention Falkner's level 9(GSC)/13(HGSS) Pidgeot, when it doesn't evolve until like, level 18.

You made a mistake - it's Pidgeotto he uses in his first battle, not Pidgeot.

Obviously, he went to Viridian Forest/Route 2 and caught one there - they can be found as low as Lvl 7: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kanto_Route_2

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Why does Samurott have the ssame designs onits arms as Swampert?
    Spoiler:

They're not the same. Swampert has orange ridges while Samurott has larger white ridges, one of which it keeps its sword in.

A pig is fire/fighting type.... really?
    That's 'cos Emboar is based on Zhu Bajie.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Somebody might have asked it, but still:

How can "Recover" be a normal-type move, when "Rest" is psychic? I mean, recover just magically recovers HP, while rest is just sleeping.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I have many wrong things
    Why dark is weak to fighting? * How do you fight darkness? (Or in japanese "Evil". How do you fight pure evil?
    Why Dark is weak to bug? *Bugs can see through dark and dark shrouds bugs times 1 effective.(And how do bugs fight evil?)

Why does dark beat both Ghost and Psychic? I know Psychic needed weakening after Gen I but it just doesn't make sense to me, especially when you consider that in Japanese Psychic is the Light type (I think) and Dark is the Evil type, shouldn't Light defeat Evil? And I don't see how Ghost types should even be effected by the darkness.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I remember reading somewhere that Psychic type was supposed to represent the mind. Most people are afraid of the dark, and bugs, which is where the weakness come from.

What really doesn't make since to me, is why are steel and ground types resistant /immune to electricity. All of the minerals in the ground make great electrical conductors, steel is also a great conductor.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • One thing that's bothering me... Why the hell did they make a Pokémon that can be a lawn mower or a washing machine? :(

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • What really doesn't make since to me, is why are steel and ground types resistant /immune to electricity. All of the minerals in the ground make great electrical conductors, steel is also a great conductor.
    Ground makes some sense. Assume a bolt of lightning hits the ground. Does it stay charged? I don't believe so. I believe the dirt resists the electical current.

Also last I checked Steel doesn't resist Electric it is neutral.

What bothers me is why everyone is obsessed with Gyrados being Water/Flying. It's Water/Flying for a reason.

What I always wondered is why Ivysaur evolves to Venusaur at lv 32 yet Wartortle and Charmelon evolve at lv 36.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The gen 5 should be like this:

Emboar - Fire/Dark
    Samurott Water/Fighting
    Serperior Grass/Dragon
    Wargle Fighting/Flying because his counterpart is Dark/Flying
    Alomola must be Luvdiscs evo
    Bouffalant must be Tauros evo
    Audino must be another evochain of Happiny.

jammi567

One thing that's bothering me... Why the hell did they make a Pokémon that can be a lawn mower or a washing machine? :(

Because Rotom is Motor spelt backwards, and the formes that it can change into require a motor (and thus electricity, hense the typing) in order to work.

Back