• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pirates Of the Caribbean

Quinlin Vos

The Lone Jedi
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2006
    who likes that movie?

If you do, you also should know that the trailor for the new one is out.

Tell me if you think this should be an RPG

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    No, a movie does not make a game...however I saw the preview when I went to see V for Vendeta it looks like they didn't make much of an effort...but come on anyone whos anyone has to see it even if its bad.

Kim

Years
    I saw that trailer ages ago. It looks good.

I don't know wtf a "rpg" is,though, but I've only seen that term used where role-playing exists, so I'm going to say no, since role-playing is pretty stupid to me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Pirates of the Caribbean.. ouch.

The film is excellent, because yes.. Johnny Depp truly brings Jack Sparrow to life, but to even contemplate making a RPG from it seems, IMO, ridiculous.

If you want to see the basics of Pirates of the Caribbean as a RPG, play the second Kingdom Hearts.

On a side note, the third Pirates of the Caribbean is nearing its completion. ( They filmed both sequels in one production. )

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Really I think they made them just to make them...I mean for awhile people were obsessed with the idea of another movie...but it just looks like the made Jack Sparrow look like even more of an idiot one that only children would laugh at...but we all know Orlando Bloom is HOT...calm down its just a joke.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Jack Sparrow's character is blatantly idiotic, he's more or less based off the animé hero. When I look at him, I see Vash the Stampede or even Himura Kenshin.

Years
    レオ said:
    Jack Sparrow's character is blatantly idiotic, he's more or less based off the animé hero. When I look at him, I see Vash the Stampede or even Himura Kenshin.
    Not really...

In fact, those kinds of characters existed way back. Ever heard of Don Quixote de la Mancha? He's basically the archetypal bumbling heroic protagonist. And he's been here since, what, 1500s?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    I know what you mean, it's only what I see. In truth, Johnny Depp derived the mannerisms of Jack Sparrow from Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, so.. LOL.

Back