• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pitch Black {Dark-Type Fan Club}

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Sorry for the bit of inactivity I had... school is eating away my free time. (Finally the weekend)

My browser is also acting up and BBCode is not showing and all messed up, so I can't update anything at this time, but I'll will update new members and topics as soon as I can.

Anyways, on to our current topic (Thank you DVK :)) :

do you think the new Dark type move's introduced in the DS generations have made dark types more deadly? do you think that they allow for more strategy, why, or why not?

I don't think they've changed dramatically, though they have increased a bit in usefulness. Sucker Punch gives +1 priority with good prediction, and Night Daze/Dark Pulse are both solid moves. Payback is pretty useful too.

Also, if you are ranked at least 1 star (devotee of darkness), feel free to make topics as well to keep this club alive please :) (If you are already doing so, then by all means, continue! :D)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    do you think the new Dark type move's introduced in the DS generations have made dark types more deadly? do you think that they allow for more strategy, why, or why not?

Not a strategist nor a Battler though from my guesses dark types have become a bit more powerful. I guess since there are quite a number or dark types moves introduced since 4th gen. Though put into fact power varied between moves

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
    do you think the new Dark type move's introduced in the DS generations have made dark types more deadly? do you think that they allow for more strategy, why, or why not? I believe some of the new Dark types are useful such as Dark Pulse and Foul Play can be useful but as for stratagy they really don't help Imo since most attacks are really strong or really weak

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
    What makes you like dark-types and/or dark-type Pokemon?
    i love the designs of dark pokemon, as i'm into gothic styled art and tattoo's(Might share some maybe :D ) and alot of Dark types fit into that niche, like Absol <3

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    What makes you like dark-types and/or dark-type Pokemon?
    The fact that they're... dark? xD Perhaps I like them cause they're the opposite to light/ electric. Though they are just intriguing all together - Pokemon that hide in the shadow of the moon

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
    New topic. Sorry if I can't get this updated in a regular basis. School stuff is catching onto me a bit.

Who is your favorite dark-type master? (namely E4)

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
    Years
    Which non-Dark-Type do you think could be a Dark-Type also?
    These five:
    Kangaskhan
    Gengar
    Watchog
    Chandelure
    Huntail

I think Kangaskhan should be Dark type mostly because of STAB Sucker Punch <3 but also because it would be ironic and fit is facial expression.

Gengar is all... creepy... with a smile that says, "I'm going to stalk you"... perfect candidate!

Watchog is nosy, it learns Hypnosis, it peers around corners, it's a creep by definition.

Chandelure... sucks peoples' souls. Geez.

Huntail has a big maw and a face that says, "I'M GOING TO EAT YOU...! Maybe...".

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
    Welcome, cacturne4512 :)

Sorry that I've not been able to have updates on this club for a while. I've been really busy recently.

That being said, here's the new topic: What do you think is dark-types' main weakness (don't just list the type weaknesses)

Years
    I'm not sure if you would call this a weakness per se, but I feel people in the Pokemon universe wouldn't trust Dark types since Dark is generally connected to "evil". Again, not sure if this would be considered a weakness.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
    I'm really sorry, guys, but as of late I've been too busy with real life to do much in PC. I'd really appreciate it if someone could start a new dark-type club.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back