• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Contest Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • I am displeased to announce that Im closing the mpc mostly because the lack of entries, enthusiasm and maybe just difficult standards I set. Though I was glad to see a few entries from a few members, but again very few entries. Again I am displeased to announce that I am closing the mpc. If someone could unsticky and close this thread, I will appreciate it.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    We still need an emblem, though, don't we?

Yeah, it's pretty sad to see so few entries in all the recent pixel things. This year I'm finally winning some, but it's not as good a feeling 'cause hardly anyone else has been entering, unlike past years where I'd always get third, and there were like a dozen entries. I gotta say I liked that better.

Years
  • Also Max, you say you want this destickied and closed, but what about WPC?

Anyway, it's sad to see the MPC go... I was gonna enter last month's but it started late and I had no time to think up an idea. ;~;

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Also Max, you say you want this destickied and closed, but what about WPC?

Anyway, it's sad to see the MPC go... I was gonna enter last month's but it started late and I had no time to think up an idea. ;~;
    wpc's been dead for a while now though :/

Years
  • Apologies for letting the weekly contest drop off the face of the earth. If I do that again then, please, someone kick me.

It's back, by the way.

Years
  • I think the Weekly Pixel Contests should change to have themes related to Pokémon sprites. Like I said earlier(I think), there aren't many regular pixel artists here at PC. We could have more activity if we start doing themes based on Pokémon sprites because I think the Fusion theme went really well. We could do recolours, fakemon, tiles and all of that as well to get more activity.

Years
  • Pokemon- and game-based contests probably would attract more people. I know that might turn some people off. I'd like to see as many people entering contests as possible so perhaps the contests could trade off. A recolor contest, then an isometric one, then a pokemon game tile one, etc. etc.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    A trade-off sounds good. Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in a contest about Pokemon sprites, but as Logie said, no one really enters contests with real general pixel art-related themes (I had wanted to host an MPC, but then I realized this fact). Even I don't enter all of them. I did plan to do the portrait but I simply got lazy and worked on other things instead.

Years
  • Even though I think Ryucario may win, the votes have proven to be quite varied this time around at POATW. Just saying that I'm not putting a poll up because it's pretty pointless as you have to post for your post to be valid anyway.

Years
  • If anyone has noticed, the WPC pretty much died a bit.. But not to worry! It'll be back presently, so look forward for the new theme and weekly contest.

Years
  • I guess but to be honest, i'd rather host the WPC myself. I don't know about the MPC since Chibi Robo seems inactive about it. I'll have to think about it more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back