• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PK-GBA Multiplayer

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    Hello there everyone! I have a large project I will be working on and wanted to share it will all of you.

PK-GBA Multiplayer

This mod has one ambitious goal: to become the ultimate multiplayer mod for 3rd gen pokemon games.

Features:
    -Firered and Leafgreen 1.0 and 1.1 versions
    -4 player support
    -Animations for many things the players can do.
    -No editing the rom. If you have any bugs or issues, reloading the rom will remove them.
    -Robust internet support.
    - Good fast forward support.

Alpha 3 showcase:

Installation guide:

Screenshots:
    clP96m4.png

Lv21doS.png

m33RF87.png

AwnusTs.png

jQHOuxC.png

smLPU97.png

Download:
    https://github.com/TheHunterManX/GBA-PK-multiplayer

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2022
    Yo, you should probably advertise this thread on your youtube (especially on the next update) as the only link that directs here is the readme.md of the github repo.

Days
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Incredible!! I was just thinking about this the other day. Imagine connecting the GBA through the multiplayer port to USB and battling online..

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • So I KNOW it wasn't intentional,. but I gave this a whirl with Gaia and it somehow worked. Aside from P2's sprite breaking, it WORKED and a friend n' I could even pull off a trade without any major issues.

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Considering the dude went radio silent for like 6 months plus, its safe to assume this is dead in the water. He went from posting multiple times a month to literally nothing and zero activity on all social medias. Once he realized the titan task of scripting combat he gave up.

Stinky. He's probably busy with IRL matters and this at the same time. This was probably ALWAYS gonna take a long while, cuz I can't imagine both recreating this for RSE AND programming it to have cross-play with FRLG would go seamlessly.

Plus, other ROM hacks have taken ages of months for even teeny updates. Have you seen Saffron or Gaia?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    The good thing about this being LUA is that we have the source, so other people can tweak the code to improve it.

Also, it seems to work with hackroms, which is very promising. Sucks to not be a coder otherwise I'd be rehashing the code for Gen2 support and get Prism working on that thing. Still, FRLG alone is a lot to enjoy with friends given most hackroms being FRLG hacks.

Back