• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PK Love! The Mother 1,2,&3 fanclub

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
    Years
    Once I named a Poliwag Paula, but that was just because the names were similar.

And when I catch a Regigigas, ten points to whoever guesses what I'm gonna name it. ;)

EDIT: Just remembered my habit of naming my HM slave Zubats "Mr. Batty"

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
    Years
    OK Guy's, time for our next topic:
    Do you ever name your Pokemon after characters in EarthBound?
    I do. I name them after enemies and characters. I have a Spinarak named Archnid!! and a Smoochum named Paula. And a Hitmontop named Duster.

XD I was going to post about that earlier actually because of my Platinum playthrough.

I named my trainer Paula (even though its nothing like her) , the Rival Jeff (lucas was already taken) and my piplup O2 Supply. I named a kricketune Duster, then changed it to Lucky.... My Altaria was TONDA GOSA, My Houndoom was Maria (nintens grandma, the cause of everything bad in the mother series technically..) My Rotom is Mr. Genetor, and my Froslass is ANA, even though I origanally was going to name it Kumatora...

EDIT: You name it Regigiygas?

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I usually name the main character Boney. In Platinum, I named my rival Lucas and once in Gold I named the rival Porky.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Regigiygas, of Course YOU would name a Rigigigas, Regigiygas~
    Does this Mean I get +10?
    On my Pearl I started my PK Playthrough.
    My name's Ness, because of the red hat,
    and my Rival's name's Lucas, cause of the blonde hair and stripped shirt
    I was thinking of naming a Golem, PK rockin'
    Or naming a Grumpig Porky, lol

Last edited:

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
    Years
    Grumpig isn't in the sinnoh dex, not even in platinum.
    Piloswine is, though.

EDIT: I just remembered that in one of my platinum games I named my chimchar "MINCH". I think I thought they were anagrams or something. I was in a sugar haze.

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
    I havent named an entire playthrough of pokemon after mother/earthbound characters, but I have named a couple random pokemon after them. I have a mismagius named kumatora and I had a regigigas named regigiygas but that one got deleted when I started a new game in pearl.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Playing all 3 games on the PSP, feels good, man. But I'm almost done with Mother 3...nad I hate then ending, not that it's bad, but
    Spoiler:

Also, I'm joining your club. Okay

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Playing all 3 games on the PSP, feels good, man. But I'm almost done with Mother 3...nad I hate then ending, not that it's bad, but
    Spoiler:

Also, I'm joining your club. Okay
    PSP emulators eh, I did the same with mine. I'n mother, I'm lost. in mother 2 I'm in Jeff's place. in mother 3, second playthrough. Welcome to the club Wulf!

Shaymew

Years
    In Mother 2 I am....somewhere...I forgot....O ya....
    Spoiler:

And (<_< random ending accidentally posted)

Anyway I was going to say

And also, do any of you think that Earthbound will ever come to the VC?

Shaymew

Years
    :( I hope they do...it probably very hard to get a copy of it for the SNES right now...

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I hate to be pessimistic, but I highly doubt it. Despite the fact that it's one of the most wanted titles on VC in both the US and Japan...

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Even though having EarthBound for the VC would be nice, I doubt that Nintendo will do it. Mainly because Nintendo of America despises the Mother series, :(

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    They say it's "too wierd" of a game, so denied. Oh, but I dream of the day, where a new leader takes charge of Nintendo of America and opens the gate of life and lets EarthBound through...

Shaymew

Years
    They say it's "too wierd" of a game, so denied. Oh, but I dream of the day, where a new leader takes charge of Nintendo of America and opens the gate of life and lets EarthBound through...

too weird? And Hispanic Terrorist in Vegas is not weird (rainbow 6 vegas)? Fighting Creatures to earn money is not weird(pokemon, and I know there is more to it than that...)? The sun god in the form of a wolf having a tiny artist ride on her back fighting demons is not weird?(okami, one of the best games ever, up there on the levels with the mother series) I wouldnt say that its because its "weird" I would say that it is because many people don't care about story as much in games anymore, and also because (this is a theory I heard on youtube that sounds reasonable) the games have a lot of bright flashes, and standards having to limit that probably ban EB from being released due to a lot of it being flashes. They would have to edit the games to fit the standards, so that would cost extra time and money. Once again, I do not know if the second one is true...but its possible! And also it seems they could get in trouble from a lot of the references and stuff...
    But, that would not bar Mother 3 from coming to America :D so that still has some hope....mabye?

:( they are all like "WE NOT RELEASE AWESOME GAMES!!! WE DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CHANCE TO EARN LOTS OF MONEY!"

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Well, I say we get together and protest to Nintendo of America! I'm making an EarthBound hack, and I'll have the President of Nintendo of America to replace Giygas, lol. I might edit the text saying, We will NEVER release EarthBound in America, unless you defeat us. Then I'll edit the music and add THAT song.

Shaymew

Years
    Well, I say we get together and protest to Nintendo of America! I'm making an EarthBound hack, and I'll have the President of Nintendo of America to replace Giygas, lol. I might edit the text saying, We will NEVER release EarthBound in America, unless you defeat us. Then I'll edit the music and add THAT song.

Us? :paranoid: anyway that would be hilarious....

Back