• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] PKSV National dex var Help

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    So for example if i go through the story of my rom, is there a way with var/flags on PKSV to get to that point without doing all the game? For example if i want the national dex?

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • I hope my advice helped you out a bit. I'm actually relieved myself that it did work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    Thank you both Spherical Ice and Slowpoke, really handy.
    Is there a way to have the completed pokedex? (also how am i supposed to insert it in a script, i tried by simply putting special 0x16 at the end of a message but didn't work), Sorry i just started!

Last edited:

Skaraborne

Years
  • Philipxander said:
    also how am i supposed to insert it in a script, i tried by simply putting special 0x16 at the end of a message but didn't work
    I'm not quite good at specials, but I found a few when I was editing scripts. Just try it like this (if you're using PKSV):
    Code:
    #dyn 0x740000
    #org @main
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @yourmessage
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    special 0x16F
    setflag (the National Pokédex ones from the list)
    setflag
    setflag
    release
    end

#org @yourmessage
    =Your message.

Try it that way. As I mentioned, I'm not familiar with special scripts at all. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
  • The special doesn't complete the Pokédex, it simply activates the National Pokédex. If you want to automatically capture every single Pokémon, well there really isn't a very efficient way of doing this other than a list of givepokemon commands. Note that this WILL make it seem like your game is frozen once you activate the script because of how long it takes to fully excecute. The best way to find out when it's finished is to apply the script to an NPC, interact with it, and then just hold down the speed-up button and a directional arrow key (so you know when the script is over as the player will start moving), you will eventually be released. This gives you Level 100 Pokémon from Bulbasaur to Deoxys. I made it using this handy list generator. This requires XSE 1.1.1 and its accompanying stdpoke.rbh and stditems.rbh files, available here.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    Thank you mate, However there's a reason i wanted to see the national dex, well you see i expanded the pokemons with the gen III suite, and i wanted to see if actually they go beyond deoxys, i added 140...

Skaraborne

Years
  • I've found another method somewhere around, guaranteed to work.

Code:
    #dyn 0x740000
    #org @main
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @upgradepokedex
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
    release
    end

#org @upgradepokedex
    = I'll upgrade your Pokedex for you.

That should work.

Years
  • I've found another method somewhere around, guaranteed to work.

Code:
    #dyn 0x740000
    #org @main
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @upgradepokedex
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
    release
    end

#org @upgradepokedex
    = I'll upgrade your Pokedex for you.

That should work.
    That's exactly what my first post explained, special 0x16F activates the national dex.

Back